IWS Oxypot - Maxi Bright 315 Budbox Shed Grow UK

Hi Ya fellow Overgrowers,

I did my last grow appx 15yrs ago, got caught by one of my kids “growing flowers in the shed”, in mid winter :slight_smile: so I left ir and now I’,m getting back in the game. First time around I built a box from scratch and ended up with some very good results, This time I really cant be arsed to go through all that work so I got absolutely everything I think I could need from one hydro company in the UK www.growell.co.uk The customer services guy there gave me good practical advice as I was compiling my list and It all arrived just before Christmas.

5 Likes

So here are some initial pics of my space, I’m back in my new shed, I had to build some shelves to clear floor space

So far so good, lets get un boxing

7 Likes

So the corner area is where I want my box to go…

So far so good

6 Likes

The insides of my tent

10 Likes

Two gadgets for remote monitoring, a sonoff TH16 temperature and humidity meter and a wifi indoor security camera, both have apps that I can view on my phone, and I can change the view of the camera (pan and tilt)

7 Likes

The main problem for me will be the British winter, currently day/night temps appx 5 to 7 degrees C

I have a thermostatically and timer controlled tube heater to help with night/light off temps. Thats backed up by a 2 killowatt shed heater set to 20C, I have to check my min max tonigight but My tent temp maintained 20C overnight

3 Likes

More Piccies

Viewing Window

Nice and tidy :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Right
Lets get on with the whole point of this…
Not very happy with the seeds, I got three Northern HighLights plus 3 “freebies” the only one that sunk in a glass of water was a freebie, the rest of the seeds look too small and very dry, they certainly float well,

Anyway never discouraged I put the sinker into rockwool and the rest in paper towel in a zip loc bag, stuck the lot in the heated propagator. finger crossed something may sprout… If not off in search of a decent UK seedbank :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Home for the forseeable,

The TH sensor is showing 24C and 77% RH… lets see if anything sprouts…

5 Likes

Finally a couple of screen shots from the apps, the camera view is of the thermostat inside the box (lights are off camera has night vision too ), I love the thought of being able to watch stuff happen from anywhere on my phone… :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Well a quick check in the paper towels revealed 3 split seeds showing tap roots… I’ve put them in the cubes and turned on the tl5… couple of waiting days now :sunglasses:

3 Likes

The internet of things has made it to the grow room.

Nice work. Really clean and neat.

99%

1 Like

Cheers @99PerCent, I love that “Internet of things” when i first heard of it i was like wtf… lol
Now ive two sonoff bits of kit, the TH monitor and the plug socket, ( currently thats controlling the shed heater, but i will set a timer on it when I go 18/6) those and the webcams give me a feeling of mastery over my own destiny… Clever old internet …
Thanks for the kind words, too many bits of wire for my liking… :smiley:

4 Likes

That’s great. I love it.

Too many wires?

More blue tooth, lol.

Soon, our toilets will be getting hacked. :toilet: :computer:

5 Likes

Reminds me of a friend who used to live stream his turtle tank. Lmao.

1 Like

May I recommend @George_The_Vault

Fast shipping, and great people… They have discount codes frequently and a nice stock

5 Likes

:thumbsup: They were the only overseas for me that I could deal with. Great Customer Service!!!

4 Likes

thanks for the recommendations folks

Remember to use discount code OVERGROW10 for 10% off in the cart!

2 Likes

thanks @G-paS, @George_The_Vault, ive just found your site… Unfortunately just ordered with Seedsman as they were recommended elsewhere on OG. I promise Ill try you next time (nice site btw :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well … some progress…
After a painfully long 48hrs of doubting absolutely every process I followed. …
Countless remote checks of the Web Cam and temperature / humidity. . I’m really chuffed it all works but also dissapointment because I can’t see any change… Anyway I walked despondent to my failed germination project with the idea of performing an autopsy on the small rock well cube to see how far the seeds had progressed and see if I could understand why 3 cracked seeds failed… Anyway imagine my complete delight to find two little plants in my cubes… so tiny… anyways there is evidence of 2 failed sproutings in the middle and end cubes … my fault because I have doubts on my whole process for transferring the cracked seed to the cube… hole to big …too deep. … meaning the tap root had nothing to grip to to support the shoot on its upward journey…
Lesson learned. . The middle feminised sprout looks good a real mini tree … its a freebie I got with my seeds order … called knockout. . Ill look it up in a min… that seed had ever so slightly cracked but no visible root so I just shoved it down the side of the small cube… obviously nicely snug cos it’s bot upright. . The right hand one is a NL variation with some purplish buds… I look that up too… so I’m a very happy boy right now :grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes