IWS Oxypot - Maxi Bright 315 Budbox Shed Grow UK

I will do as soon as theres anything close to worthy of potting up (kinda) in my tent mate was still a couple sad looking almost cotyledons this morning lol

Let that flatten for 24hrsā€¦

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
SCROG Time

2 Likes

Lost 2 lovely tipsā€¦ snapped up by the bendzā€¦ wonā€™t use them any anymore

1 Like

Nice bro. Been spying the sonoff switches and therm/hygro controllers on eBay today. Props on the idea. Iā€™m likely gonna be using it

1 Like

That let some light in :sunglasses:

1 Like

Cheersā€¦ sonoff kit is excellentā€¦however their servers go down fairly regularly but you can set the device to keep itā€™s setting so even with no comms it carries on doing itā€™s thingā€¦ useful for my humidifier :grin::grin:

2 Likes

I really like the idea of a staggered flip. 24 down to 12 1 hour a day.

Once itā€™s set itā€™s set isnā€™t it though so Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s a manageable trouble? Especiall At those prices

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d run a digital ballast off a sonoff plug. Mind you you could run a contactor okā€¦
The plugs support 10A (2200W ish) the TH16 16Aā€¦ I run my humidifier off the th16 and a 2KW shed heater off the plug :joy::joy:

1 Like

Yes fraid soā€¦ but you could adjust the timer for your stagger from your sofa :sunglasses:

1 Like

Currently building a cob/solstrip hybrid so wouldnā€™t be running a ballast just drivers off the sonoff and adding a secondary rocker switch between as a manual override Kinda thing. Cobs already on the way 5 x cluo38 1206 3000k and 5x cluo38 3500k. (Bloom light) and holders. Frames built already Hlg150h24a ordered today to power 4 x 5000k solstix x1 (basically a veg light) the solstix are reserved until the end of the month. Need to order a hlg320h c700a to run the cobs. And arctic alpine f11 plus heatsinks x 10. Still looking for the best driver to run all of them they run on 12v 0.22a each. Iā€™m aiming for a custom spectrum light. Both aspects will be dimmable.

Sorry about the essay lol

3 Likes

Hey @anon58740919ā€¦
That essay was really useful :slight_smile: Ive been meaning to find out about this LED lark for a whileā€¦lol
You gave me enough product references there to give me a good start, with googles help of course :slight_smile: So in easy to understand words how would that compare in wattage (I really mean brighness, equiv to a 1000W or 600W standard HPS for example), and whats your expected current draw?, It looks like an expensive venture and very DIY, even the solstix kits need work :slight_smile: So what is the overall benefit of LEDs, I bet I can think of a couple, more and better distribution of light, light intensityā€¦ im sure the list goes on :slight_smile: Cant wait to see your finished set upā€¦ see how neat you can make it :wink:

2 Likes

Glad I gave you enough of an insight to pursue it far enough as to start looking for parts yourself.

Itā€™s not my first light build but itā€™s the first time Iā€™m using solstix. My last light was very much bloom orientated.

Rule of thumb using led is 37w sq ft Iā€™m in a 4x2 tent so Iā€™ll be aiming to run about 300w. Everything you just listed was enough to sell me on the idea when I first started looking. Plus lower heat. And variable power. (I know there are switching ballasts etc but itā€™s not the same)

All in all my light running full whack including fans will be close to the 500w mark. It wonā€™t be run anywhere near that primarily though bro

2 Likes

Interesting, based on that id need appx 250W, would you mix grow and bloom light frequencies all the way through? or would you only use the right ends of the spectrum for each stage?

I think Id miss the heat thoā€¦ the light is about all thats keeping the plants warm overnightā€¦and it ensures ventilation cos its temperature linked to my exhaust fan :slight_smile:

Some compromises in switching overā€¦ Or I kick the mrs and kids out and move the grow into my house :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes yes all the way yes. Have a read up on fluence led test when you get a minute. People are getting really good results adding more blue spectrum in bloom. Thatā€™s whatā€™s inspired the cob/solstrip combo. Power output is so variable gives a massive amount of scope to dial in your environment and cycles. And that heat you say youā€™ll miss will be your worst enemy come summertime in an uninsulated shed bro same as an attic. At least with led if we have a slightly warm week uk style where pensioners die in Blackpool pier from sun stroke kinda weather. Youā€™ll be glad of the dimming function.

Edit. Maybe not a yes to kicking the mrs and kids out though lol

1 Like

So why do People run 1000watt Light in 4x4 space? Which is 62w per sq ftā€¦

Confused right now :smiley: are they Just wasting energy?

1 Like

Because theyre using hps. Less efficient than led mate

And for hps that would technically be under power 1000w/M2 for hps.

3 Likes

Look at the trunk on that :laughing::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Iā€™m going to do a bit of bragging and drop some personal bombs of opinions Iā€™ve accumulated so far.

LEDsā€¦ WHY?

• More Lumen Per Watt. You basically get more light for your watt used.
  • The heat is still there, but easier to deal with since Itā€™s not emitted via IR wavelength. A watt of heat is still a Watt.
  • multiple points of origin - Way better penetration/distribution due to having multiple sources of light.
  • LEDS are directional, where as conventional bulbs emit in 360 degrees. Reflected light isnā€™t as intense, so in reality youā€™re wasting 180 degrees of light potential. (Inverse square law)
  • White LED contains a good amount of the spectrum needed. (There are some good threads with way more technical data to back up this claim)

And some personal observances.
3500k is a damn good all around color temp for LEDs. Enough blue to keep plants short and squat, but enough red to promote goodie production.
I easily hit above 1gpw once I switched to LEDs. And iā€™m a Farkin Noob, my results will only get better.
320W of LED has the potential to hit 1 lb+ (i was only 2.25 ounces shy of a full pound out of 3 plants in a 2ā€™x3ā€™x3ā€™ micro cab)
Flexibility, dimming options, color choices, more efficient drivers, size and shape customization. No large Air Cooled Hood needed.

Only con is initial cost. But, once you buy em, by the time they burn out or become less effective, there will be even more advanced LED technology out there.

As a personal opinion that isnā€™t backed by anything but speculation, 300w of LED will do everything 600w of HPS will do. Good LEDs need half the wattage to achieve the same results over HID lighting imo.

9 Likes

Preachā€¦much more eloquently put than myself there jelly. And your maths stacks up well too. 300 watt to replace 600w hps in a 2 x 4. 600 to a 1200 in 4 x 4.

I donā€™t think going as far as saying that led are twice as efficient as hps is too.far from the truth

2 Likes