Jacks rainbow pt2 (a place for breeding data)

FATHER
TANGERINE KUSH REGULAR
EXOTIC SEEDS
Description

Tangerine Kush Regular is 70% indica/ 30% sativa and was created by crossing an MK-Ultra with a Blueberry/New York City Diesel hybrid plant. A plant with an average yield between 400 - 450 gr/m2 indoors and although very indica-dominant genetically speaking, the budding sites appear as clusters of flowers whose inter-nodal length becomes quite stretched during flowering which takes 9 or 10 weeks to complete. It can be grown indoors as well as outdoors. The columnar structure of this marijuana strain makes it eminently suitable to Sea of Green (SoG) techniques. Its attractive aroma combines oranges and lemons with a sweet, earthy, Kush quality. Tangerine Kush produces a very high-quality, sticky resin and is particularly recommended by Exotic Seed for butane extractions. It is medically useful and delivers a very relaxing feeling and one which it is better not to pursue activities that require some concentration.
Characteristics
BREEDER/BRAND Exotic Seeds
GENETICS MK-Ultra x (Blueberry x New York City Diesel) F5
VARIETY Mostly Indica
FLOWERING TYPE Photoperiod
SEX Regular
YIELD 400 gr - 450 gr/m2
GROWS Greenhouse, Indoors, Outdoors
FLOWERING TIME 63 - 70 days
MEDICINAL PROPERTIES Relaxing medical strain.
TASTE / FLAVOUR Kush, Lemon, Orange
EFFECT Body, Relaxing

MOTHER
RAINBOW KUSH FEMINIZED
AMSTERDAM MARIJUANA SEEDS
Description
RAINBOW KUSH FEMINIZED

Rainbow Kush is famous for it’s colors, the pine taste and the amazing smell. Rainbow Kush Feminized is a mix between Master Kush and Hindu Kush and is developed by experienced Dutch growers of Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds (AMS). Smoke it, experience the rainbow and you will kiss the sun after each puff you get of it. It’s the most colorful strain ever invented in looks and flavour.
Details

THC LEVEL 16 - 20%
INDICA 85%
SATIVA 15%
CLIMATE Indoor / Outdoor
YIELD INDOOR Up to 450 grams / 15.9 ounces per sq meter
YIELD OUTDOOR Up to 750 grams / 26.5 ounces per sq meter
HEIGHT INDOOR Up to 150 cm / 59.1 inch
HEIGHT OUTDOOR Up to 180 cm / 70.9 inch
FLOWERING TIME INDOOR 8 - 9 weeks
HARVEST MONTH OUTDOOR September/October
GROW DIFFICULTY Easy/Moderate

Above is the information from relative seedbank’s for the parent plants.Over time it will be necessary to log my own data. i will do this using various tools over different platforms. they’ll likely get merged together at the end of each seed run to summarise.
overgrow.com (mainly to store photographs in chronological order. But also to keep the community informed/involved as it has very much become a community project. And also to include data such as Lighting used. Size of grow space. Which plants are to be selectively bred. What other equipment is being used. Dates of pollination. Veg time. Flower time. Height of plants).
Grow Tracker App (This will be used to keep track of feed schedules/light schedules. What medium is being used. How much of each additive in each feed and amount of feed for each plant. Monitoring Temperature and humidity periodically. Dates of stages)
Planted
Germination
Seedling
Cutting
Vegetation
Flowering
Drying
Curing

THE OBJECTIVE: To create a cross utlising both parents and then line breeding to isolate the desired expressions. hopefully eventually attaining some degree of homozygosity over several generations of inbreeding (I understand there are no truly homozygous strains out there, So i suppose “stability” is a more fitting term).

first seed run is currently underway with the drop expected to be the end of january. (More than fitting for this project)

mother rainbow kush at day 39 of bloom smells like a mix of blues and a kind of chem. good colouring would be nice but not essential. short stocky bushes with dense buds and relatively tight node spacing with minimal stretch after flip is high on the agenda.

please bear with me. i’m no breeder i’m a pothead with an idea and a community that assisted me to get it off the ground. every generation bred a pack will be sent to each member who helped in any way with the original TARDIS project. (as nice an idea as it was its not big enough to breed in. i learned the hard way) so i stuck one of the police call box signs from @MomOnTheRun on my shed door suddenly the grow got bigger on the inside :imp:

41 Likes

This should be fun to watch happen in real time… TARDIS was a community project? I grew one outdoors this year

5 Likes

The tardis that is mate. not the strain.

this project has had so many setbacks but ive got a determination in me thats not gonna be stopped until i succeed lol

10 Likes

My brother and sister in-law are big Dr who fans they have a TARDIS cookie jar

5 Likes

That’s the TARDIS :grin:
I did a step by step build in the other thread. But that’s for there. This one’s for breeding data :wink:

32 Likes

That’s slick as grease

4 Likes

no ideas as to why theres a hint of chem and blues from the Rainbow kush either. i would expect that from the tangie kush with the lineage. not getting any hints of pine as it stands but it still smells dynamite.

tangie kush females from the same seed batch all have a mellow but distinct citrussy smell. dont ask me to name which variety of fruit.

all cuts from this mother have probably maintained a 50% stretch after flip to finish on average.
the male tangie kush although not the shortest there produced the largest flowers the soonest with aesthetically pleasing sac formation (like fuck i thought id ever say that in my life). plus as a kind of stress and mold resistance test i left it in the cellar tent in the dark, no circulation. no heat source and he was still stood 10 days later no mold present.
not sure how relevant the mold test is on a male but a previous flowered cut of the rainbow kush ended up with botrytis. (thats 120% grower error. my fan dropped off and i didn’t notice. nor did i kick my heater on and temps dropped way below safe levels with humidity probably around the 100% mark)

8 Likes

That is a work of art.

7 Likes

Of course I have to follow along. Good lick this time!

8 Likes

if you got a few minutes scroll through the tardis thread. theres plenty of pics of the build/light build and the controller from the automation station is what ran it. thanks for the compliment though im quite proud of my work there. its just not a suitable size to work in properly, single plant micro ish is what its doing for a mate now.

11 Likes

its an absolute pleasure to have you on board. i can actually see the seeds forming from the first batch. so id say were definitely on this round. be awesome to see you grow a few out should you wish to. theres a pack of each generation with your name on anyway. i will make a legit list of people soon

10 Likes

Yes!!! Yes!!!

Definitely watching the doctor navigate through rainbows

6 Likes

through time and space. I wish I could jump ahead to the next round already :sunglasses:

That’s a pic from 2 days ago. They’re on a very much bloom oriented feed at the moment. Flowering plants look happy. Seeded plants don’t. So I may try her with a veg feed. See if a bit more nitrogen helps

Front right is the rainbow kush. Others are all tangie kush females lights out shot this evening

17 Likes

I will revisit your thread. I do remember when you were originally working on it.

Everytime I see it though, it’s still a work of art :+1:

7 Likes

I have to follow along.

4 Likes

LMAO :joy::joy::joy: Yes. I am easily amused

5 Likes

I did promise the theme was staying :wink:

Just need to order a load of them. the bottom clips on and off.

You get the idea :sunglasses: may need slightly smaller ones to fit in but that’s the general idea so far

Welcome aboard.

I have noticed on occasion :joy::joy::joy:

10 Likes

Pulling up a chair and grabbing the popcorn

Cheers Johnny

7 Likes

After speaking with @mr.sparkle in PM. He managed to explain the difference between the meanwell HLG and XLG drivers in a way I could finally figure them for a bridgelux eb gen 2 strip light build.

Bill of materials for this build which will be used in my 2x4ft tent for breeding purposes. It is effectively 2 lights on one panel.

Aluminum sheet cut to size 1140x600x1mm ÂŁ31.14 incl. Delivery.

8 x 4000k 1120mm eb gen 2. digikey uk ÂŁ52.24

8 x 3500k 1120mm eb gen 2. digikey uk ÂŁ52.24

2 x meanwell xlg240-L-AB. Digikey uk ÂŁ70.66

4 x m6 lifting eye bolts. eBay ÂŁ6.60

2 x 100k ohm resistance potentiometers. eBay (10 pack) ÂŁ3.41

Mounting screws (I expect to need 64, 100 pack) ÂŁ4.70

That’s a total of £220.99 for 436.8w of light. Drivers run 93% efficiency so that takes the actual power including driver loss to 406.2w if my maths are correct.

A gap of 10mm top and bottom of the strips has been accounted for to allow the lifting eye bolts to be fastened in.
Each strip will have a gap of 13.5mm between them and that takes us perfectly across the aluminum sheet.

Strips will be mounted in an alternating pattern
3500/4000/3500/4000 and so on. And both sections will be individually wired in series. Considering adding a 240v rocker switch for each driver to make life a little easier should I only want to run half. Also maybe working an ammeter in so can keep an eye on the actual draw

18 Likes

Seed pack idea 1…I’ll be posting them here cos it’s kinda relevant

23 Likes