Jamaican bed and bud holiday

Hi guys …now we got a bit of freedom…flights have opened up from Panama …to Jamacia …Whaa I’m ready to have a break…
Any Jamaican growers on here, or advice for my trip.

Home stay with some stoners would suit me.
Kind regards

Donald

10 Likes

Alls I know about Jamaica is you want to visit ORANGE HILL :tangerine:. :mountain:

3 Likes

Orange hill is for all the good weed…

Treasure bay is for some quiet time on the south west near the beach!

Boston bay on the east has alot of nice waterfalls and perfect surfing beaches.

Kingston is a must and st ann if you like to see Bob marley rest place!!

Negril and montego is your typical tourist place but with lovley beaches and alot of night life…

Pick and choose jamaica is a lovley place !!

Visit blue hole and blue lagoon also !!

8 Likes

Oh thanks very much …that’s real helpful.

6 Likes

Did you go? I hear bring your own bud! Lol. The bud on Jamaica is trash 9 times outta 10. I saw how they grow. No fertilizer used… and rubbing hash off fresh plants and still selling the herb. Messed up brada! Lol

1 Like

No I haven’t travelled yet due to COVID …thanks for the advice.

I agree you need a solid connection to get Rasta weed you don’t want the tourist beach weed .
It’s taken 6 trips to find the right connections in Negril stay away from the black oil . If your in Montego Bay Negril or Ocho rio there is a personal driver I can recommend .

5 Likes

never been to Jamaica,but i bet it is as everywhere in the World,whitout a serious connection,you only get the tourist stuff.

1 Like

First year visiting bought from the pool guy at the resort high priced seedy but smokable . Next trip hired a driver made a connection to some excellent bud that is consistently good With few seeds and sparkled right up and not damp unsmokable till it dries .
Buying the first bud you find not a good idea it’s tough getting out of the airport without someone trying to sell you weed even your taxi driver wants to be a dealer on the trip to the resort . Lol

3 Likes

I recommend 2 places ! Drive to orange hill find someone over there maybe to Peter tosh resting place ! Or to st Ann, bob marleys resting place! You will find some good good high grade like the say over there

2 Likes

Ohhh, what’s the black oil? Like rso? That would be crazy, Rasta guys ripping dabs! Hey mon’ where’s me carb cap mon’? ! Lol

Yes rso there trick is to bum a cigarette from you then offer to dip one in oil for giving them a smoke . Happens a lot on the beach where there set up selling souvenirs there’s always a guy dabbling in weed and oil sales amongst the trinkets being sold . Another scam is to watch your shoes till you return from a walk on the beach for a smoke or two in exchange they’ll dip a couple cigs in oil for your stroll on the beach .

Watch out for kids who’ll give you a bracelet while out walking down town supposedly for free to be hassled from his buddy further down the street for cash just give the bracelet back if asked for cash . There all working as a group stay sharp .

Also if staying in a resort that issues wrist bands to identify you hide the band when off the resort it saves you getting hassled .

1 Like

I didn’t have a connection when I went. But if you airbnb up in the mountains, a lot of times the Rastas come through carrying a bunch to sell. That was some of the best weed I’ve had out traveling, and it was like $10 for an ounce. But that was in the Blue Mountain area, which is on the other side of the island from the main resorts around Montego Bay.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t want to smoke ten buck a ounce bud… I’d at least bring a sack of my own nugz! Who wants to have a panic attack on a mountain trying to cop weed in Jamaica for some armed gangsters! F- that! Lol

It’s actually pretty safe finding good herb :herb:. I wouldn’t risk traveling with stuff from home plus the vibe from island weed is tough to recreate .

3 Likes

It’s probably not the Rastas you have to worry about. Their weed is good, and they’re just selling from outdoor grows. They’re not armed, except maybe with a machete that they use to harvest and bushwhack, and Rastas are peaceful in my experience… It’s the shady people hanging out on the streets and alleys in the city, and soliciting on the beaches that are selling shitty product at higher prices.

1 Like

The tourist haunts are out for me…I be flying to Kingston…then take it from there…I be meeting locals, not tourists…some nice hostels and places on Airbnb …

Thanks

I’m just saying what I would do. I’m taking some good bud. And Then hoping i find some good smoke there! There’s so much more cooler stuff to check out! You don’t want to be looking for weed.

The post seems to have come to life thanks.

Ye I checked out most of the places you recommended…exellent advice,

Since legalisation there in Jamacia …there getting there act together, and nice to see loads of home stays ,even in trip advisor. AirbnB

I’m into staying with locals wherever I travel ,have made friends, who are still friends now…in past trips

I will get there…hopefully we all be free from lockdowns and shit ,but international travel the way it used to be…we’ll be a thing off the past.

Ye thanks for the response.

1 Like