Free Jamaican Lambsbread (Vibes Collective)

Hello broz, sistaz,

The history of this rare precious with us started in the hand of a french rasta called Dan, Growdan. It was early 2000, few years later the Vibes collective was born thanks to Rahan, Kanza and Sillycone for the php work. It was a landrace and heirloom lovers platform dedicated to preservation, selection and shares worldwide. Sadly ten years alive community.

Rahan was the first to explore and reproduce the seeds that Dan collected with the singer Bushman on a backstage concert in Martinique. Many hermi/intersex plants at start, Rahan did the clean selection and F2 and F3, then F4 generation by Volcanik and Upok. Another parallel F4 repro by Jahgreenlabel with Rahan’s F3 too. A lot of those two different F4s were shared for free in Spain, England, North and South America, Africa etc.Then OvergrowDaWorld did F5 with some selected F4 that i had sent him, precisely a special batch from purple fruity mango mother that Upok had reserved and shared with me. So i received back those F5 and did F6 three years ago and now fresh F7. Despite the deselection of intersex/hermie traits from the start the recessive is strong and you can still find some but just a few of course.

I gonna send some to Dr Machel in Jamaica and to few Caribbean friends from spring here North Ouest Europe. I am sure that the kind kingsbread lambsbread is still alive with ital rastas far from towns in the hills but by hoping that our little IBL will help to revive pure sativa in minds and in fields. I will send my new cross with St Vincent too.

So our line is totally free with a true rasta philosophy, that is the condition that Bushman said to Dan, no business from its pure form and we respect it forever. The project also is about sharing widely the free rasta philosophy and its deep Jah roots from Shiva in India, by hoping everybody can have some and as freebees in future. Dream done, irie! :wink:

121 Likes

Rahan’s report

Jamaican lambsbread

This one was gifted to our small collective last year. It comes straight from rasta communities in the Carribean. The history can be tracked back to the 70’s in Jamaica. A true jewell !

Pure sativa with narrow leaves. The seeds are of medium size, with brown colour and black spots/stripes. It is not easy to grow but not impossible. There are some hermaphroditic individuals and few males in the line (1 on 15 in the first attempt, 4 in 35 in the second). The strain has a nice grass smell during vegetative and produce narrow leaves with many leaflets of a light green color. It produces semi-dense buds with nice light aromas, very fruity and spicy (some have smelled banana and apple in it). It takes a good amount of 14 weeks of flowering to obtain the first mature buds, and at least 16 weeks to be sure. The high of the strain is totally cerebral, no ceiling and absolutely positive. The only negative point is it can be heart beating when you harvest it too early.

here are some pics, some are grown under 400W HPS, other under 250W HPS.

48 Likes

Jahgreenlabel’s report

hello all,

jamaican lambsbread line 1960

best vibes

68 Likes

Looking forward to your seeds !!!

7 Likes

Trugarez thank you!

2 Likes

Here’s painting by Dan’s missing brother RIP!

picture

15 Likes
6 Likes

very cool! @Roms

Always heard so much about this legendary strain, excited to see what comes of this preservation!

6 Likes

Yes Lion, forward iver

5 Likes

Just curious but how do you know it’s the true lambs bread from Jamaica instead of just some random bag seed.

7 Likes

Because Bushman given it as oldschool sacred line named lambsbread by them, trenchtown community, Kingston

16 Likes

Volcanik selection of Rahan’s F3s

Upok repro F4 from clones

F4s harvest

54 Likes

40 Likes
11 Likes

@Upstate look at this! @SkunkHunt101 @Panamajock @romanoweed

8 Likes

It definitely looks good, are you gonna do a drop or a giveaway with it. I Love that little sativa plant he’s sitting next too!!

9 Likes

I’m looking forward seeds of this!

2 Likes

You are not the only one. :rofl:

Happy growings.!

3 Likes

Man, I’d love to grow that outside! Beautiful! Thanks, peace

2 Likes

Looks fantastic! I just hit the watch tab for this thread

3 Likes