Jelly's Cab Adventures

I wait a few hours and then spray down. You’re spraying because there are extra grains of pollen all over the plant you just dusted.

Now that the pistils are fertilized you want to kill off every last grain of pollen on the plant’s leaves and flowers before putting her back in the flowering room.

2 Likes

Yup, what he said.

99%

1 Like
1 Like

quickly scanned the last part, but 4-5 days or more before it would potentially start to drop pollen.

Also as you noticed unripe pollen sacs don’t yield viable pollen. You have to wait till they pretty much open on their own for them to be viable they will start to change color and dry up looking more paper like when about time, but just let it go a day or two then throw it near a window or under a desk lamp to finish out.

Or if you wanted to keep it in the same cab and dont care about the odd random seed that wont be done come harvest of those other plants just turn off your fan and run it till it starts to open and genitally move the plant.

Still have a bit of time left, but you will want to play it safe or take precautions shortly.

3 Likes

30F!
Almost there. Stink has increased, the plants are drinking more as well. Res needs refilled and it’s only been 5 days. Starting to eat the lower leaves. I’ll mix up a new rez before I leave to head back out on the road today.

No pics but the auto is starting to put on frost. Airy dinky buds but eh, it’s all good.

14 Likes

And went ahead and mixed up another batch of nutes.

5 Gallons
30g of megacrop.
73F
2.1 EC
1075ppm
PH 5.6 (30ml PH down added)

I haven’t decided what I’m going to do on my next run. I really like the convenience of the blumats, and I also think if I had one plant, longer veg time, and a screen (Training) i’d be able to get way more out of my setup.

The one thing I do know, I want to try a lot of different strains to find “the one” for me lol.

1 Like

Very timely post my brother @HydroRed. Ordered mine today and plan on giving it a spin around the block with next grow. Sounds promising and yours is the best review I’ve read so far. Good Growin’ Bro!

2 Likes

@oleskool830 @HydroRed

I myself am in agreeance with everything @HydroRed said,

ORDER IT! you won’t be disappointed. This is the easiest time i’ve had with any nutrients. It dissolves easily, It’s fool proof. It holds PH well. It’s stable.

Only down side… It smells like catfish bait.

Oh, and the best part?! Only one ingredient to mix.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m sold and jazzed to get it. Hopefully by the weekend. Do you use any boosters/additives with it? Thanks @Jellypowered!

1 Like

I just harvested a grow with only Mega Crop, tap water, and h2o2.This stuff is killing it in my garden! I just ordered my second bag. Huge difference between this harvest and the last of the exact same strain.
Cab is looking good my friend! So at full feed strength, are you getting any burnt leaf tips?

3 Likes

I’m currently only using Megacrop. :slight_smile: It’s touted as “Complete” so I don’t wanna skew my test results by adding things.

No burnt anything so far. I think I as having a little cal/mag issues but I think my first bucket of nutes wasn’t low enough PH. Not seeing the issue spread so I think it’s under control :slight_smile:

I love this stuff.

4 Likes

looking good and they are definitely starting to bulk up and only half way there should be a nice end result.

Went back through the photos, wouldn’t even guess even 10 days ago that you previously flopped the tops over :wink:

Next round you’ll have to throw five plants in though to maximize the space.

3 Likes

Haha yeah the only reason you can even tell at all is the slight bend and broken spot in the stem lol. Amazing plants.

I’m pretty certain that I’m gonna hit 1gpw easily with these LEDs. My hps grow only hit .35 and I was tickled pink with that so the only place to go from here is up!

5 plants? Nah I’ll go with one or two and train them better next time lol.

2 Likes

My megacrop grow is doing good@ 3 grams per gallon I’m gonna order more because it’s so simple to use

2 Likes

When you order more, use @legalcanada’s referall link so he can get a discount since he’s in Canada and shipping is almost as much as the bag itself.

3 Likes

that’s very kind! but i think unnecessary, i’m most likely waiting to purchase from a canadian distributor, gonna have to check if there’s any update on that… a guy in AB was considering buying a pallet if his test run went well… i wonder if you can get affiliate points off your own orders?? it’s 10% kick-back i think!

So today was hell. I fought with 45mph winds all day while driving. It was fucking cold, windy, and miserable. When you drive a cargo van cold weather seeps in through the walls and the heater can’t keep up. Sorry to complain just had to get that out. I’m home for the week after 3k miles.

33F
The first thing I noticed when I got home was the overwhelming skunk smell. I quickly got re-acclimated to the plant smell, but man i’m glad we NEVER have company, I’d have to install my carbon filter for sure now if I had people over.

The second thing I noticed when checking on the girls, is the amount of frost on these buds. My HPS grow didn’t even have this much frost at finish. Say what you want about the lack of “production” from LEDs, but i’m SOLD. These light strips speak for themselves as far as I’m concerned.

As @Mr.Sparkle stated, the auto has filled the cab up. I’m just gonna let it go, there’s plenty of air space so it isn’t gonna have any PM or rot issues. Despite the COB being a weak chinese Piece of shit, This little White Widow Auto that could is putting on frost as well. Probably only 3-4 Weeks left to go.

Edit: I did edit this post. But it took me more than a minute to get back to it. I’ll edit this post in a min

11 Likes

Well that auto has definitely hit the roof. Whether to tie it down or just let it buck is always the conundrum at this point :grin:.

1 Like

I replied to this when I edited my post above :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, I have had some sleep, and a chance to reflect on the state of my cabinet.

The two SSH’s are definitely heavy sativas. None of the pistils on it are turning brown yet, compared to the bagseed “terry” they are much taller and have longer internode spacing. They have the most trichome count of the plants i’ve been growing so far.

Bagseed “Terry” looks to be a mostly indica to my untrained eye. 1/2 of all the pistils are brown and shrinking, it has short internodal spacing, wide bushy leaves. Terry was the only plant I did not top, and it’s still short and squat.

I trimmed just a FEW fan leaves out of the way of bud sites today after i got back from my errands, I’m pretty happy with this run to date, I’m guessing “terry” only has a couple weeks left (it’s probably a 6-7 week strain (too bad I don’t know what it is lol) ) while the SSH’s are probably 8-9 weeks.

I don’t think i’m going to “flush” per say, but as soon as terry starts showing some amber trichomes, I’m going to cut my ppm down to 600 or so. There’s plenty of buildup in the pots as I can see salt on the fabric of the pots, this will only help to reduce ppm overall, but I don’t want to completely starve the SSH while i’m flushing the faster finisher. A good cure will help with the overall taste but I can tell you already that some of it will be smoked as soon as it’s dry… you know, for … uh research. :wink:

Thanks you guys for hanging out with me, I’m trying to decide what to run next now that I have so many options thanks to the kindness of many here on OG.

Any Suggestions?

2 Likes