Jelly's Cab Adventures

I thought I had smoked all my harvest, but found a Jabba´s stash small plant hanged in a closet and forgotten. Apparently it still works :smiley:

4 Likes

Physical Like!

Still in Like Prison.

99%

2 Likes

I got you covered bro lol

Sounds like it’s your stash now! :grin:

1 Like

Those SSH colas are getting HUGE @Jellypowered!

2 Likes

Day 55F

Holy shit guys. The smell on these SSH is fantastic. I see them starting to fade, Won’t be long :slight_smile: Probably a week or so imo.

The “from above” angle shows you the state of the leaves.

@Scissor-Hanz Yeah, They are so huge I have never seen buds look this chunky from a my own personal grow.

Can’t wait to get these jarred up :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Are those Mr.Nice or Greenhouse SSH? Looking good Brother! Why wouldn’t you flush your plants? I would highly recommend! I smoked some unflushed Haze yesterday and needed to throw it away after taking one joint, my throat felt rough like swalloing an hedgehog. Why poison yourself with breakoffs of minerals ?

2 Likes

and they still have a ways to go your gonna be looking at a nice harvest

2 Likes

Sorry about the quote being all chopped up,

I’m unsure of the breeder they were a friend of a friends pollen chucked SSh and the original breeder wasn’t passed on to me.

As for flushing I basically am just slowly lowering their ppm each time I refill the res. I don’t wanna starve them while they are still putting on weight. Imo flushing is a personal preference but I do like to taper off ppm levels closer to harvest date.

@Mr.Sparkle yeah these could easily go 9 weeks or more the pistils are still mostly white lol.

3 Likes

So did a quick little search, most SSH’s I’ve seen on the web claim 9-11 weeks for flowering.

This puts my harvest date at 63 days, or 70 Days. I’m unwilling to wait the extra week to make it 77 days. >.< I don’t know why but I just don’t wanna lol.

So, Either Feb 11th, or Feb 18th!

The other thing… How long does it take for jarred weed to start smelling like the weed I buy in bags? What’s the difference and why can my plants smell SO good in the growing process only to smell like wet grass/ hay while curing. (Note, I know it’s not molding and the smell it slowly maturing, I’m venting the jar daily to relieve excess humidity) I guess maybe i’m getting impatient?

1 Like

There are a lot of things in there that are not in your final product, that only time will remove.

Chlorophyll is one for sure.

99%

6 Likes

Usually a couple of weeks once you get it to the right moisture. Is it crispy when you open the jars to burp the jar or spongy?

1 Like

I guess I never gave that aspect much thought. I’m sure by the time I get a bag from my guy it’s had plenty of time to do it’s thing. I don’t care if it smells good tbh I just wondered why purchased vs my homegrown smells so different. The effect isn’t diminished by it not smelling “cured” so it’s just a minor thing lol.

Just checked, the very outside of the buds are crispy but not to the point of falling apart, and a little squeeze and they yield but not break… so maybe still a bit spongy?

2 Likes

Let em dry, don’t give mold a footing.

99%

2 Likes

@Jellypowered you’ve done an amazing job on everything you’ve touched in this process. From the cab build to the monsters lurking in it. Give those babies the cure they need. FMP you’ll thank yourself later. I’m not patronizing you. Your homegrown, cured weed will taste and work :100: times better than what you previously once purchased simply because you grew it. I’ve heard people say that growing is only one part of the process…

…you’ve already nailed that first part!

5 Likes

what’s FMP? lol. I’m super bad abreviations.

Thank you all for the help, that’s why I’m here. What I learn I will always pass on when I can.

From my perspective.

I’ve used your thread for info. More than once. :wink:

2 Likes

DUDE! Thank you for telling me that. Both things. I always wondered if I was helping people out there or just rambling like a madman… or both >.< lol.

Much appreciated!

4 Likes

Doesn’t sound like you’re too far off from where you should be. I try to leave some open space in my jars so I can roll things around… if they seem a little too “clumpy,” I might leave the jar open for an hour or two. If things are detect-ably moist, I’ll probably spread the buds on a plate for an hour or two and re-pack. If everything is just right, I’ll just give the jar a good whiff and close.

That said, I lean towards “too dry,” as losing a jar to mold would make me a sad panda. Any other curing outcome will give you something in the “excellent” to “jaw-droppingly excellent” range, based on the pics :grin:

I’m always surprised at the smells that come out in curing. The grass/hay should subside, but smell might change a lot over the next few weeks. I’m still trying out how lemongrass turned to cedar with one of the plants I’m curing :laughing:

4 Likes

With our RH being in the 10’s right now, I’d burn my house down if mold somehow took hold in my jar, cuz that’d have to be one resilient strain of mold. lol.

4 Likes