Jelly's Cab Adventures

That’s about an hour to the west of me.

2 Likes

Ditto…bout the same for me.:blush:

1 Like

Haha only because the ozarks are so big

My dad grew up in and we used to visit Fetus mo, though I haven’t been there in nearly 50 years… my grandad had a farm there, actually it was probably in the family several generations before. My dad came to California during the great depression so that’s where I was born.

2 Likes

Well it’s a good thing I can’t leave my plants alone lol. I checked this morning on lights on, water was fine in all three pots. I just checked and the middle pot had water up to the drip tray, so I’d say it’s wet enough. I adjusted the flow to just hold a drop now. At this point it will maintain this moisture level. I’m loving these blumats!

3 Likes

23F
So everything is on track. Buds are bulking up. Lighting is running at 320w, no bleaching or burns and the tops are only 6" or so away.

Now, for something interesting.
In my last grow, with a 400w HPS I vegged a lot longer and had very rough start in flower. PH issues, Salt buildup, no runoff, etc etc.

The closest pics i have are roughly 10 days apart and I just wanna show ya’ll the difference between the two.

The 400w HPS was in day 31f versus mine today of 23F.

I know it looks like the HPS is kicking the LEDs ass, but there are a lot of factors to consider here.
With the HPS, I vegged almost 2 months, buds were forming and I had a LOT of training already done on the plant. This gave an unfair advantage to the HPS grow.

I’m using almost 100w Less light with the LEDs for comparable results.
Frost is building up faster with the LEDs based on memory.
Less heat. The HPS room always had heat issues.
(Hps)Soil Vs (Led)Coco

All in all, I like the results of the LEDs much better.

16 Likes

My dad came out to cali from ok during the dust bowl

So, my 5 gallon reservoir lasts about 6-7 days!

Today I pulled the res off to see just how much was left (it was getting light) and there was only about 1/2 gallon left.

I mixed up a new batch, increased to 25g of Megacrop to 5 gallons,

This gave me a ppm of 950ish, and 1.9ish ec. Ph’d down till it was 5.8 (roughly 20ml of ph down again)

I’m loving this setup, wouldn’t change a thing except maybe having fancier plumbing. Lifting the bucket full of nutes 5 foot off the ground is kind of a pain in the ass but so Is bending over to check on plants. No regrets!

Today is day 24.5F and I’m setting a tentative deadline of 30 more days until I even think about harvesting. that will make almost 8 weeks/(56 days or so) I have a feeling the Auto will probably for sure be ready to chop by then, it’s gonna be airy bud for sure because that driverless cob sucks haha but it’ll still be smoke.

Since everyone was talking about where they grew up,
I grew up in Kansas, close to Wichita, in 1999 we moved to the ozarks and I don’t regret it one bit. I was in high school and i’ll say the culture shock of going from a big city life to rural farm life was a lot to adapt too.

7 Likes

Small water pump and second bucket, or a pulley mounted to the roof if really hindered physically would make things easier.

3 Likes

I’m not willing to admit just how much easier that would make things… For now I can manage, I just have a lot of crap around my “res” corner, so lifting a full bucket takes some gymnastics lol.

3 Likes

So 25F

My little clone is a male! I’m gonna knock up a branch on each plant so I have some seeds to play with. I can’t remember for sure but I’m pretty sure this is a SSH male so I’ll have SSH seeds and SSH x Random Bagseed.

10 Likes

We’re you given the clone or did you take from another grow you have? I’m completely confused by the exclamation mark. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hahahaha, this little guy came from one of the original 6 plants I started with, I took a cutting from each plant before flower and this guy took forever to root but he survived. I wasn’t intentionally planning on keeping any males at first but I want to make a couple seeds ya know?

4 Likes

That got me good. I couldn’t imagine the actual scenario. Lol. The canopy is looking great. I had to keep scrolling up and back down a few posts to compare the last pics.

1 Like

26F
Temp: 84F at lights 82F overall cab.
RH: 21%
Feed: Maxicrop @ 950 ppm 1.9ish EC.

Overall View:

Overhead Canopy Shot:

Bud Closeup:

Male:

Some questions as I’ve never “chucked” pollen before. How much longer until I need to worry about getting that male out of the cab? Can I pluck pollen sacks and open them manually to get the pollen? From there it should be just a simple matter of painting pollen on a bud to start the process of making seeds correct? Can I store pollen in a freezer after i’ve collected it?

Thanks guys!

8 Likes

I would not have that in my room. I am assuming it is dropping pollen now. That would scare the sh!t out of me if i saw that and i was trying for sinsemilla. Ha! Ha!

Edit: I am in no way a seed maker. I don’t breed plants ever so my knowledge is lacking severely in that department.

3 Likes

None of the sacks are open yet, I have been monitoring closely. Based on the appearance of the male,

Can I open the pollen sacks and get viable pollen? If so, I’ll pull it today and gather pollen. I’m going for mostly sensimilla but I want to have some more seeds to work with :slight_smile:

Edit: Tagging @99PerCent and @ReikoX because I know they have experience making seeds. lol

3 Likes

I will let more knowledgeable people give you advice so i don’t confuse you with my ignorance. :grin:

2 Likes

Hi @Jellypowered :wave:
Did you get this male from bagseeds? That would be odd.
Also, it looks like he is about to bukakke your whole crop any second now to me. I would move it to another room asap (unless you want seeds in every bud).

3 Likes