Jelly's Cab Adventures

it depends on how the plant is finishing, but we will see in the pics, but it could be a little too cold for the plant currently thus the stumble and quickly finishing ?

Ok time for pics. The close-ups are of ā€œterry.ā€ @99PerCent From my observation, 75% cloudy/25% clear. Should be ambering up here in a week or so. Iā€™m gonna give it one more rez change then chop it.

Day 40F

If anything, itā€™s been a touch on the warm side. Cab temps have been a steady 80-85 even at night because weā€™ve been having to run our kerosene heater to keep warm during this cold snap outside.

Good to know. :slight_smile: I think itā€™ll be ok one more week. I have good airflow and my RH even in the cab is like 15% right now.

On a side note, Iā€™m ordering one of those USB microscopes or clip on macro lens, holding my little carson and the phone at the same time sucks ass.

4 Likes

Ah, give em a few, theyā€™re not all bad looking yet.

Unless of course, if its time for research.

Well then, in the name of progress, you may have to sample one early, right?

99%

1 Like

There doing fine, they will make it to the end no problem. Still say about week and half or more out, as its still throwing plenty of new pistils

2 Likes

Gotta agree with @Mr.Sparkle.
Iā€™d estimate those to be approx 1-2 weeks out still.
Watch for botrytis (in the main colas especially) like the guys said. But if thereā€™s no big swings in temp, or high humidity, you should be safe.

2 Likes

Right on, Thank you guys for all the words of encouragement.

An encouraging sign, Terry is beginning to not be able to support her own weight lol. The outside branches are starting to sag closer to the floor of the cab.

Just changed my rez, lighter feed this time, only 15g per 5 gallons. Should be somewhere around 600-750 ppm I didnā€™t check it this time lol. After this grow is finished, iā€™ll need to order more MegaCrop.

Needless to say Iā€™m sold on the MegaCrop. I do wonder though if I should have been adding supplemental cal-mag. Iā€™ll trust the vendor when it says it is an ā€œall in oneā€ for now, but when I start new plants the seedlings wonā€™t lie.

@ReikoX I think I will run the auto fem mix next run. Since I know they will for sure be females, Iā€™m only gonna start two seeds, and use 3 gallon smart pots this time around. I want to get some distribution drippers for my blumats so the watering is more even, but iā€™m telling you, Blumats are amazing for someone who canā€™t tend to their plants every night. (and/or lazy like me)

I may have severely stunted my autoā€¦ I forgot to water it lol. We will see if it comes back, if notā€¦ Guess I could always chop it up for extracts.

3 Likes

Seeing your grow and a few others mentioning it, im curious to give it a go just to see, but shipping will probably cost more than the amount iā€™ll grab lol.

Edit: Noticed they had a 100% discount on the 230g bags, so just ordered in a bag, guess we will see.

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s what Iā€™m using the free 230g bag. My shipping was only 2.77 usd lol.

Iā€™m about to order the big bag, if you end up liking it, I can ship you some.

2.5x that for me for shipping, but to give it a go, im game make sense from marketing perspective and its something id do

Sweet, I was thinking of popping a couple of them to throw in veg. 3 gal is perfect for an auto IME.

Basically day 45F

Overall view, The nugs are so big and dense. I seem to be getting much better results than I did with my 400HPS.

Kind of a higher angled shot.

You can see ā€œterryā€ is well into consuming herself. I would say I was suffering from deficiencies but the other two SSH in the cab look good. (Some leaves have some signs of deficiencies but remember I cut my PPM way down in anticipation of chopping soon)

The biggest nug on ā€œTerryā€ Lighter for scale.

Not even the biggest nug on the SSH plants, and itā€™s bigger than the lighter in all dimensions.

A close up of one of ā€œterryā€™sā€ buds. Fuckin cat hair lol.

And the auto never recovered, it pretty much dried/died in place. I cut all the stems and have it in a large sealed tote to try and equalize the moisture/slow down the full drying process. That means my little cab is free to start more seeds. :slight_smile:

16 Likes

plus your holding the lighter infront of the bud so defintely bigger due to the perspective shift.

Looking good, and yeah you can tell terry ran into some issues, but they are gonna all happily finish out over the next couple of weeks.

Good job.

1 Like

Yeah, I realize holding the lighter in front makes it ā€œbiggerā€ lol. I need a third hand for photo ops.

Terry could have just been a picky girl, the other two are fed with the same mix, and arenā€™t showing anywhere near the damage.

Iā€™m pleased to say that I anticipate having enough smoke to probably do another complete run before I run out what comes outta this harvest.

3 Likes

i ment the bud will be bigger than pictured as once you go side by side then you get to see true perspective. :wink: lol

2 Likes

Totally with you. Once dried and trimmed iā€™ll post some ā€œbeautyā€ shots with the same lighter for scale.

I never got around to installing my carbon filter, and I can smell the plants from outside when I get home from work lol. Once iā€™m home for about an hour, I canā€™t smell it anymore! The nose is a funny thing lol.

5 Likes

Yeah the mind just blocks it out as normal. My filters are just enough that if i had a really pungent strain going that i would only smell it in the last couple weeks of flower, and even then its minor that a standard air purifier can deal with it. When the carbon runs old though thatā€™s different, the misses usually notices first and ā€œcommentsā€ about the smell lol

3 Likes

congratulations jelly all that hard work is really showing

1 Like

47F 1 down, 2 to go.

Chopped Terry. Kinda early I know, but by the time the drying is done, Wifey can start using it and we wonā€™t have to buy any. Iā€™ll let hang till stems get stiff/snappy then cut buds off stems, weigh, and jar it up.

Overall iā€™m pretty pleased! About a week ago I took a small nug off Terry and let it dry, told the wife to try it a couple days ago, she reported back (I was on the road) that it had a nice mix of body/mind high for her, and it tasted fine. So I knew worst came to worst I could chop it at any time. Itā€™ll only get better with cure. I use 62% boveda packs in a large mason jar. Burp for an hourish a day at first, then less and less as the smell gets better. (Seems to me mine always start out smelling like wellā€¦ wet plant? I donā€™t smart smelling the good stuff until itā€™s good and dry)

My trim method is kinda lazy, I cut off all the fans I can easily get to at the stem, then just kinda chop everything flat with the bud. Basically anything that isnā€™t covered in frost, goes. My fingers smell like a mix of citrus and pine right now lol.

The other plants will get plain phā€™d water for 2 weeks or until I get impatient and chop them too. Havenā€™t even looked at their trichomes yet though, not in a hurry now that I know I wonā€™t have to buy any.

Edit: Random note: Even the small bottom nugs were dense. Didnā€™t see this when I was using 400w HPS.

Second high edit: LMFAO Iā€™m not gonna crop it out, but do you guys like the wifes Condom Wreath sheā€™s making for her mom lol. Good times.

11 Likes

Is that what the kids are doing these days? Condom wreaths! :joy:

Is it like mistletoe, if the wreath is above your head and your under it, you get to f*ā€¦nevermind lol

In all seriousness tho Jelly, nice happy looking buds. Iā€™m agreeing with you that its quite early for a chop, but completely understand being done buying from outside sources. Looking forward to the smoke report :+1:

3 Likes

Told you already, but that little green dot next to your thread title gets me every time. Fantastic show @Jellypowered.

Condom wreathā€¦lolā€¦Iā€™ll let everyone else have at that one.
Going to be a sad and happy day when that cab is empty.

Cheers

1 Like