Jelly's Cab Adventures

They can’t stand the fact that I love my plants. I need to find one that isn’t jealous.

All is good.

99%

4 Likes

I even had a few bits of jealousy from mine. But she’s as much a smoker as I am. So as much as she don’t like the progress she does like the potent

2 Likes

So today is a “short” trip, so I’ll be able to get some shit done tonight.

My 21lbs of GLN megacrop came in, along with new smart pots, drip clean, and my 3" net pots with collars.

I also picked up a 12 pack of 8oz jelly (lol) jars last night on my way home for the SSH, which by the way is drying nicely, I’ll jar up the one I already chopped and then chop the last one. Then it’ll be time to make adjustments and clean my cab to get it ready for the next round!

Stay tuned for more updates this evening!

Jelly

5 Likes

Awsome job jelly…been reading and watching from the thread start…congrats…great great from start to finnish.

3 Likes

Thanks brother!

If you ever need anything just hit me up via pm, I’m in your area quite often as you know lol

Ok, I have some conflicting dates in my records vs what I have in my thread, so for this round, I’m gonna stick with the information in my thread because it makes it look better lol.

So 8oz jars suck. lol. I used 10 jars for what I trimmed today. To be completely honest, these hung for 4 days and they are REALLY fucking dry. I probably got more than what I’m going to report here but the number I list is what the scale read.

Side note: I need a shadow box now.

So, Hard Data:

Harvest of SSH Plant 1

Total Dry Weight

• 140g / 5oz

Notes:
For those of you who want to know which plant 1 was, in all the pictures it was always on the far right side.

SSH (Plant 1) was harvested at 63 days. Wet trimmed and hung for 4 days. It is noted that 4 days makes buds extra crispy and fragile in 10-20% RH, however these precautionary measures were taken due to the density of said buds (The thought that extra drying time = less chance of bud rot/mold/pm)

This puts my running total so far at 7oz for this run so far. I have no doubt with one plant still to harvest tonight, I will hit 10oz total. That’s more than 1/2 a pound!

Smoke Report (third party - Wifey)

Jar appeal (pre-cure)

• Smells fruity with floral tones.

Flavor/Smoke quality/Observations

So, wifey uses a water bong, always grinds her herb, and likes to burn it hot. She said flavor wise it has a slight flowery heavy citrus flavor. Random note: She didn’t have to take a drink after her rip. (Almost always a requirement) and the ash is grey on the edges but white everywhere else. The actual smoke blown out smells to me like incense, it’s a very pleasant smell.

Effect:

Within a minute, very energetic, happy, things are more funny to her, has a slight motivational quality, NO couch lock effect was noticed. Pain relieving and helps her feel hungry (combats nausea/lack of appetite).

Time for trim jail now, i’ll check in later!

Jelly

Edit: They only hung for 4 days based on my thread info lol.

14 Likes

SSH Plant #2 (Far left in all the pics)
Chopped her tonight at 67F.

She didn’t have as many “main” colas, has a crap ton of little branches. Trim Jails gonna take me a while this time.

I like to wet trim everything even with the bud itself and then hang them to dry. once dry I cut the buds off the stems.

Pics.

One thing I noticed, this one seemed to be even stickier. I’m gonna get the gloves out for trimming the smaller ones. Seems to have more frost as well. Overall though, the plants looked the same to me, so i’d say this F2 is pretty stable.

Which brings me to the next bit of good news.

I have 7 Seeds of this SSH left.

I will be making MORE to do it big OG style. The seed run will be my 3rd run in this cab unless I put them out in the shed to make lots of striped babies.

8 Likes

looking good! There’s almost always some more moisture inside the buds that soften them up after you jar them, I’m sure they’re fine.

btw I like the dream catcher and Van Gogh-on-acid print in the background!

2 Likes

Wifey is into the dream catchers,

The “Van Gogh-on-acid” is actually a “pop” culture “Dr Who” reference :slight_smile:

You can check out a relevant clip here,

Also… Got a label maker today, Put it to good use :wink:
@anon58740919 would be proud. :wink:

Another edit:

True already. Now that they are jarred up, The moisture is beginning to equalize. Thus, The cure begins. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

congratulations jelly you’re steadily improving I can’t wait to see your next run

1 Like

I do like the idea of writing the number of days on the jar :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Be careful putting labels on the lids, I’ve mixed up jars more than once that way. :grin: I put them on the jar with the month/year. :thumbsup: :seedling:

5 Likes

I’m sure my labeling system will evolve several times over the next few grows lol :joy:

2 Likes

hey jelly looks like you’re in your groove I was really surprised at how fast my last harvest went sure was a lot of “Holliday cheer” around here last Christmas time

1 Like

So I am getting things prepped for the next run, which now that the thread has been started, I can openly talk about (I’m not sure I couldn’t openly talk about it before, but I liked the mystery)

I’m going to be running 6 Grass Monkey F2’s from @LED_Seedz as part of a group of awesome people testing them out for him. This should be very interesting as I think 6 plants in such a small setting like mine will be a challenge for me. I’m sure someone like @Mr.Sparkle would have no problem running this many in a space the size of mine, but this should really test my skills.

I thought for the hell of it, I should check the wattage on my lights, so I plugged them into the ol Power meter, and I discovered something kind of shocking. My little HLG-320H-24A can push 380w… Ask me how I know… cmon cmon… ok, because that’s what the meter said! So I got the screwdriver out, and adjusted it down to 300w for now, Just to see what max was, I turned it all the way up for a minute, settled in right at 401w before adjusting back down to 300w. Meanwells are impressive drivers!

Vacuumed the cab floor, and began filling up my new 1-gallon smart pots with virgin Royal Gold Tupur. I probably have enough for one more grow after this (3-5 gallons of media left) but i’ll snag some from my favorite hydro store in Columbus next time i’m up that way.

Have my tap water sitting out to dechlorinate and i’m gonna go with 2g of mega crop to precharge my media before I pop the seeds directly into their homes. I’ll post measurements and pics in the Tester thread when I get it done!

5 Likes

Had to work in out area wise just cause i run so much smaller but those 1 gals should work good and fill the area easily so long as things are on point which i have no doubt they will.

2 Likes

This is my space all prepped for the GM Testers. New pots, virgin Royal Gold Tupur.

Just a top view. I got the coco tamped down just a bit so I could get the same amount in each pot. I’m not liking the handles right now, they may get cut. The trays are just disposable aluminum baking tins from Walmart.

Btw, @LED_Seedz I LOVE the packaging. Those stickers are awesome as well. Props!

I chose to direct sow, as these seeds are most likely hot off the proverbial “press” so to speak. I have no doubt they will sprout within a couple days.

Lighting is on 24/7 right now to maintain cab heat for proper germination.

13 Likes

Watch out for the aluminium plates. They might take out too much heat of the soil and roots and might get too cold (shock). Just thinking :smiley: But makes sense… Plastic plates would be the right option :slight_smile:

1 Like

Friends, are not the roots visible?

1 Like

They might be slightly visible once they grow, but the nature of the smart pots, it shouldn’t matter. They will stay mostly away from the edges due to over abundance of oxygen, “Pruning” themselves as they grow. Smart pots I have noticed promote lots of very tiny roots as opposed to bigger thick roots like in soil/plastic containers.

4 Likes