Jelly's Cab Adventures

The wet/dry cycle thing is not critical IMO. As long as the roots get oxygen, they will be fine. The fabric pots help with that a lot.

With a living soil, you never want it to dry out completely because you will kill off the microbes and the worms will leave the pots.

7 Likes

Algae??!!! oh no, hydroponics worst enemy. If I noticed my reservoir starting to become ā€œgrungyā€

I do 1 tsp of H202 3% per 3 gallons straight into the reservoir with all the other nutrients.The reservoir stays very clean even after 2 week after adding the H202. I have never seen my plants negatively affected by the H202 when used sparingly. Keep in mind, Iā€™m using a DWC unit, the roots are constantly submerged into the nutrient solution.

However I do not like to add the H202, and would rather promote healthy microbs in the reservoir. But have to treat it from time to time.

3 Likes

Yep, User Error my friend. I stated in the grass monkey tester thread, I belive that my transfer bucket wasnā€™t clean enough. I had spent coco in it and thought I had rinsed it out enough, but I should have gone full ham on cleaning it, I think I got contams due to not fully washing everything. That coupled with the fact itā€™s been warm the past few days here and my res is/was too close to the window/wall I think it got too hot.

Nah, the tubing is light proof. Got a pretty strong LED flashlight and checked this just to be sure, no light passes through the bucket, nor the tubing. :slight_smile:

And iā€™m running coco mate :slight_smile:

@Roux Thanks! I bought a buncha 3% H202 at a bargain store because it was only $.25 a bottle. (16oz bottle) Now I have a good starting dosage to use.

4 Likes

Sometimes a little LITFA is all you need. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I washed the hell out of my bucket, with bleach and soap water. DIE ALGAE!

The monkeys got a good watering (Drenching?) tonight, I made my res into a ā€œsprinklerā€ per say, Just used a new section of tube and evenly watered all the coco, let the drip tray get almost full before I switched to another plant. I let them dry out so the roots could recover a bit, they werenā€™t drooping yet but the top 1" or so of the coco was completely dry.

they got 700 ppm 1.2ec 5.7PH food tonight. Iā€™m not gonna go over this level of food anymore. Itā€™s raining tonight so RH is 50% in the cab, should be good for them.

Leaving tomorrow for a two day trip, showed the wifey how to use the ā€œsprinklerā€ and she looked apprehensive. I may fill up a gallon or two so she can use the solo cup to water cuz she likes that better.

Edit: Pics added.

14 Likes

Oh, @DavesNotHere I havenā€™t given up on the blumats completly Iā€™m gonna use them on something eventually, I really like them but Iā€™ve always wanted to try flood and drain!

3 Likes

Loving the thread @Jellypowered. Havenā€™t gotten too deep into yet but itā€™s late and wanted to drop by a line saying I like what youā€™re doing. Keep up the awesome work!

4 Likes

Hey thanks for the kind words. Iā€™m still figuring everything out, and I like to ramble my thoughts out loud. I canā€™t tell anyone in person, so it all comes out here lol.

Grab some popcorn and your favorite strain and enjoy!

5 Likes

Hey jelly, just stopping in to say hi

1 Like

Peace and love brother! Glad to hear from you!

Howā€™s life?

2 Likes

Iā€™m still breathing and Iā€™m not behind bars (yet lol) so life could be worse. No complaints lol

Took a few snaps and posted them on my thread.

3 Likes

I have lots of new toys on the wayā€¦

Decided I needed a quantum par meter so I can give difinitive readings and Iā€™ll need it for future projects :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Looks like my Amazon wish list. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

Does that meter come with the micromole sensor?

1 Like

Yup itā€™s that version.

@DavesNotHere
Why arenā€™t you hangin out on discord with us lol

And while Iā€™m at it @99PerCent too

5 Likes

I still struggle with my toaster oven.

I am not a technical person and time is too short these days.

I am glad you are building these friendships.

Drink your cherry juice.

5 Likes

Your toaster isnt connected to wifi? How will you know its done?

4 Likes

Just remembered I have a whole bottle minus a shot or two waiting on me when I get home!

Gonna have a shot of green dragon cherry :cherries: and a glass of cherry :cherries: juice

1 Like

I donā€™t want it getting hacked and someone else burning my toast.

3 Likes

Ok ok I wonā€™t hack your toaster haha

1 Like