Jelly's Cab Adventures

I have to put a fire wall on my toilet, :laughing:

2 Likes

Let’s keep this G rated.

PS, Your comment was totally cool, dude. No offense intended.

2 Likes

Good morning friends!

Last night after I arrived safely home and reloaded the van for my fathers trip tomorrow, I partook in 2ml of green dragon in Tart Cherry Juice, washed down with the rest of a solo cup (minus a shot) of cherry juice. Have the foot wrapped today and gonna try to get my errands/farm things done early enough I can relax today.

Checked on the monkeys last night, looking good as ever.

I’m not sure how much cab/space stuff I will get done this weekend, as i’d really like to give my foot a chance to heal up.

Thanks for hanging with me!

Jelly

11 Likes

You win the internet today 99

2 Likes

Good god they grow fast.
Tallest plant is 16" from floor of cab,
From the rims GM4 wins the biggest plant , at 9" tall.
GM6 wins the shortest, at 6" tall.

14 Likes

So I won this auction for 3 (hopefully) 8"x8" dark room light proof vents. I hear these don’t flow good CFM so I figured 3 would make up for it.

New, these cost 30$ each for the cheapest one I could find.

I won the auction for 30.99 for 3 of them.

10 Likes

Damn I can’t like it more!! :+1: As a huge star trek fan, the time lapse picture is superb, made it pop with Kirk and the Dr. :wink:

Looking forward to seeing giant monkey buds! :monkey_face:

btw, great find on those vents

5 Likes

I really hope they are the 8"x8" variety. The seller is a camera/developer lab gear seller, typically I haven’t seen a size in the square vents less than 8"x8" so I hope I lucked out.

And I really don’t like wasted space so I felt the need to distract from the giant black blank area.

2 Likes

38 Days old, 1F

It’d help if I took pics from the same spot every time… but the Monkeys got what I hope to be their last mandatory trim.

I can see the coco and they can breathe again.

They were too dry when i started, Fixed by feeding/watering them, now they happy.

12 Likes

Looking good bro! What are the yellow sheets on the walls of the cabinet?

They are gnat/fly/bug/sticky traps.

3 Likes

So I got these cameras in. Zmodo 2pack from amazon.

Setup was easy, the app isn’t terrible, but lacks a timelapse feature. Pics will have to be taken manually and stitched together.

Low quality:

High Quality:

@ReikoX you wanted me to tag you.

I’ll post a night vision shot when lights go out.

Anyone know if i should tape over the blue status LED?

11 Likes

I’m unsure if the IR will effect the plants, but that blue LED will IME. Tape it up, or as I like to do, drill that fucker out.

5 Likes

I would for sure. :relaxed:

4 Likes

I’m really liking this cam. For a single ir diode it does the trick. I read somewhere that a single ir diode isn’t going to affect the plants, if they were that sensitive the moon would make herms outta all outdoor grows.

And I played with the quantum par meter last night.

305w at the wall, (286w accounting for driver overhead of 6%) 12" from the lights 1200 umol meter/squared.

I don’t know jack about this measurement, is that good?

I just wanted to swag around with my fancy light meter. @anon58740919 :wink:

8 Likes

sure its good, work out what umol/m2/s would be for a 600 HPS.

I pilfered this from some www.internetty.site :slight_smile:

Roughly these are a few examples of recommendations for a high light recipe of around 700 µmol m-2 s-1. Calculations made with 10% reflector / wall losses:

400W a) – 1 x 1 m – 1 m2 at a ppfd of ~ 650 µmol m-2 s-1
600W b) – 1,2 x 1,2 m – 1,44 m2 at a ppfd of ~ 690 µmol m-2 s-1
1000W c) – 1,5 x 1,5 m – 2,25 m2 at a ppfd of ~800 µmol m-2 s-1
In practice levels can be lower with different reflectors (open reflectors will have more stray light), older reflectors and a lot of wall influences. Other lamps may result in different densities.

a) – Philips GreenPower 400W 230V – ppf 725 µmol
b) – Philips GreenPower 600W 230V – ppf 1100 µmol
c) – Philips GreenPower 1000W 400V Electronic – ppf 2000 µmol

3 Likes

Those are great numbers honestly. Any higher and you’d need supplemental co2.

science stuff

4 Likes

My camera has a setting to turn off the status indicator led, you may want to check the settings on yours it may have it too.

2 Likes

Your cameras looking good , and your plants are looking really good… Lovely. Mechelle x

3 Likes

Dark Room Vents came in, I was not expecting such a good return on an ebay gamble. I’ll need to go find CFM numbers and see what these 14"x14" vents cost new, but I’m SUPER happy. I was only expecting 8"x8"

Edit: looks like these were 65$ each, new.

These apparently are capable of 400CFM… Looks like i’ll only need one per cab :smiley:

13 Likes