Jelly's Cab Adventures

So, They are happy again. Here’s an update.

I also topped two of them that i’m pretty sure are girls, One I topped just below a node, the other I topped even with a node. (Experimenting is fun!)
Here’s a half assed attempt to root it lol.

Overall view of my experiments lol. :slight_smile:

I can already tell next grow will be limited to less plants, space management is gonna be a nightmare haha.

Also, What do you guys think about my tall one? I still think its too early to tell for sure.

Edit:
I thought what I’d do was, I’d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. Said Every single person who uses likes instead of commenting lmao :smile:

18 Likes

See no sign of sex yet dude. The longer it takes, the more likely its a girl.

99%

4 Likes

Got a “oil heater” for the room yesterday, it’s been real cold here and the temps were falling down into the 60’s indoor. (no central heat/ac :frowning: ) room is a steady 75 even at night now.
He/she’s gonna be a tall one. Must be sativa dominant. :smiley:

So far i’ve topped the 2 SSH, and one of the BagSeeds. The tallest (one without a gender identity lol) bagseed will probably get topped today, it’s only about 10 inches away from the lights already lol.

3 Likes

Day 23 (sorry bad math)

My idea of stretching!

5 Likes

I barely talk to people in public (unless it is about cannabis) so be happy with my likes. Ha! Ha! :grin:

9 Likes

Moved my fan to the wall (Im lookin at you @Manfromthenorth) it’s blocking about 10 diodes but i’m not all that concerned as I have a surplus of them. This is evening the temp in the cab out, and giving all the plants gentle breeze.

So the clone in the solo cup doesn’t like me, not concerned, there’s a lot of leafy matter there and it’s probably going to die :dagger: The cut in the white cup is doing well, i think because it has less leaf mass. The one in the makeshift humidity dome is doing fine, it’s actually growing new growth still. I just have it sitting in a glass of water.

Topped the tall one, so now all of them are even again. I think i’m going to flip in a couple days.

Today is 38V days from seed.

Haha, your green dots say otherwise my friend! But I hear ya. :smiley:

Yeah, got a little goin on there!

8 Likes

Hey Jelly, this is my first post here on overgrow, I was doing research on those Solstrips and it lead me to your cabinet build thread. I read it thru and after a little more search I got here. Wishing you some green mojo for your grow. I have a 5 sf cabinet lit up like your previous box with the led bulbs (globes removed) and am ready to step it up. I really like the dispersion of the Solstrips and will probably pull that trigger soon. Anyway, just following along while you grow your girls…

8 Likes

Well welcome to Overgrow @2RedEyes and thanks for the kind words!

1 Like

Welcome @2RedEyes! :grin:

2 Likes

Today is Day 1 of flower. Last night I adjusted the timer to 12/12 so lights don’t come on until noon now.

They are looking good, it’s interesting to me that the potential bud sites have a lighter color already. It’s like they immediately got the hint and wanna show their parts off lol. I’ll be doing some LST (maybe?) if they get too unruly but I am for sure gonna have to clip some of the big fans once I see more bud sites pop up.

They are all starting to drink more water too, each pot is getting approx 1/4 gallon every couple of days. Can’t wait for my blumats to get here.

14 Likes

Your plants are looking very nice Jelly. I just ordered 5 solstrips, 5 sinks and the 185w driver. I’m planning to run the lights at about 10” to 12” from the canopy so 35 to 40 watts per sq ft should be good and will be maybe more efficient use than running at a full tilt 240 watts the strips are capable of. I have 2 girls in my cabinet right now that we’re just switched over to 12/12 so I’m anxious to get this set up and see if I can improve my yield a bit. They should be here in a couple days.

6 Likes

Be sure to start a thread so I can follow along. I’m running right at 50w per square feet right now. I honestly don’t think I need to go above 30w/sqft so I may end up turning mine down lol!

3 Likes

I will be sure to start one after I get my parts. You should have extremely even coverage with 10 bars of LEDs. I’m actually thinking of remodeling my cabinet to a slightly smaller size to make it fit in my very small shop a little better as I have very little space. Thanks for posting your light build, for me it was very timely and probably saved me a bunch of money…

4 Likes

Day 3F.
And the stretch has begun!

Overall plants are looking good. I got my Blumats in today so I will be building the system out soon. I hear to not leave them unattended during the first couple of days so I may have to wait until this weekend to install them.

Edit: I took closer pics of each plant, but I don’t think anyone’s worried about those so I’ll continue to post a general shot unless specifically requested.

Jelly

11 Likes

i like how clean your sticky traps are!! :thumbsup:

4 Likes

I constantly fight with fungus gnats/fruit flies because we like to keep fresh fruit around, This was my way of monitoring the problem in my space lol.

Other than a few thumbprints and some coco (I don’t even know how that happened haha) they are spotless lol.

Unrelated… but felt like sharing lol.
My dryers 4" hose has a few holes in it thanks to the kitties and I need to get around to changing it, but every time we run the dryer it gives us a temporary boost of RH (up to almost 50% lol)

2 Likes

There may be more efficient ways. Maybe not!

3 Likes

DAYUM! They are stretching lol.
Day 5F

A lot of them are starting to develop parts… still kinda early to tell on some, but some I can see pistils for sure.

Edit:
The White Widow Auto is rushing along, she’s already showing tons of pistils. I have always heard to transplant auto’s early (they say if the taproot hits bottom all vertical growth stops), but i’m kinda glad I left her in the solo cup for what perhaps may have been too long by mosts standards. Her Taproot was swirling along the bottom almost reached around on itself. I think by leaving her bound up per-say she won’t get as tall as an early transplant.

Since this run is dialing everything in, I’m only gonna LST them when I have to keep them from bleaching themselves. I wanna see what’s possible just letting the plants do their thing. (Minus the defoliation for airflow/preventing diseases etc) I think I’ll leave the lower bud sites to test the lights penetration power, unless everyone thinks it’d be a better idea to chop the lower growth.
End edit.

I thought this was kinda neat. The journey so far lol.

20 Likes

hey jelly love the progression pic! what distance is your light from the canopy atm and those are 3500k boards correct?

4 Likes

Yep, 3500k and I’m bad at guessing distance so I’m gonna say they are between 12-16 inches above the canopy. I’ll measure it in a bit with an actual tape measure!

3 Likes