Jelly's Cab Adventures

@Roux

I think that is great! After all, it’s the way nature does it. The sun isn’t bluer in the winter/spring, redder in the summer/fall. I figured some genius would figure out how eventually. I wouldn’t matter to me anyway as I have a veg room and a flower room, but it is a good thing nonetheless. If I ever get tired of keeping track of everything involved in a continuous harvest, it’s nice to know I could do it with a single light source. Normally I’d have just used an hps in that situation. This is a superior solution!

Thanks for the good wishes. Frankly I need money more than luck tough. :wink:

And thanks for the very informative post. :smiley:

2 Likes

In anticipation of some upcoming awesomeness…

I did some shopping on Amazon.

I ordered the following:

1L H&G Drip Clean.
This product is supposed to prevent the salts from falling out of suspension in slow moving systems like mine. I have read a lot of good reviews and it’s ultra concentrated. I’ll only need to use 1.8ml per 5 gallons so this should last me a LONG time. Should make 555 gallons. That’s 111 res changes. I need to start a spreadsheet to track all my grow activities, if I already had, i’d know approx how many grows I could get outta one bottle, then break it down to cost per grow… ok i’m nerding out, anywho.

10’ of Superflex 8mm tubing for my blumats supply line.
I hated the fucking black 8mm tubing, it’s stiff, doesn’t stay where I put it, and if you noticed in a lot of my pictures I had to use a heavy object to keep it where I wanted it. (Hence, the crescent wrench that’s a permanent fixture in my cab right now)

25x 3" Net pots and Collars combo.
This is going to be for my take on @Roux’s DIY Ziplock tote system. I don’t need 25 but it was the most cost effective solution with prime shipping. I’ve got the extra air pump, stones, and related gear. I’ll probably need to source a submersible heater but that should be easy enough.

6 pack of Fabric “Smart Pots”
Got some new 1 gallon fabric grow bags. They are white which i’m kind of on the fence about because they will look grungy pretty quick, but none of my 1 gallons are the same size, and I need uniformity for an upcoming event that i’ll talk about after it gets started.

The only thing I want to source locally is drip trays. Those will be just as cheap/easy to get locally and I want all the same size/color. I’m also going to install an overflow prevention system that will drain into a overflow bucket under my cab… Just in case ya know?

Things left to get:
Distribution Drippers, 3mm plastic “T’s”, 3mm drip line.

I’m going to set up each of the 6 pots identically, and make my blumats have my version of the “Hydro Halo” so the watering is more even.

I’ll document the process either here, or a new thread. What do you all think?

• Start a new thread, documenting changes and why I wanted to change them?
  • Continue posting regular updates to this thread?
  • GO AWAY YOU POST TOO MUCH!
  • Indifferent lol.

So anyways, the SSH’s are almost to day 63 and they are about done. :ballot_box_with_check: Most the pistils have turned brown and are shriveling up now, they smell fantastic too! I’ll get a few before/during chop pictures for you guys.

3 Likes

My version of the hydro halo…1/4” soaker hose on a “T”.

9 Likes

I dig it. I wonder if I can get 3mm soaker hose :rofl:

Only about 4 hours off from 63F.

Guys, I did it! The pics that will follow are only the big branches, this isn’t counting all the little side shoots/lower growth. Oh, and this is just ONE plant. I’m fucking blown away at how well this harvest went. The most Trichomes i’ve ever seen on my own harvest as well. Like, I knew they were frosty but DAMN didn’t realize just HOW covered they were.

MASSIVE DENSE BUDS!

Gonna have to dry these for a good while that’s for sure.

For reference, this is the lid from a 15 gallon tote, like @Roux uses for his Hydroponics.

17 Likes

As for the smell, well, i’m never very good at describing it, but right now, it’s got a very perfumy/fruity sweet smell to it.

My fingers smell like i dipped them in the juice from a can of mixed fruit, then started handling potpourri right after.

I took all the lowers and small buds for “extracts” :slight_smile: I’m gonna let the other plant finish the res cuz I hate wasting water lol.

6 Likes

@Jellypowered Congrats on the harvest, you did a great job.

2 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle
This means a lot coming from the micro Sensi guru. I realize i’m using more space but I’ve always looked up to your skills and knowledge. For you to congratulate me on a harvest, that’s somethin to me.

And I know it’s late so I’m gonna thank the other guys in advance.

@Baudelaire for his amazing SolStrips.
@99PerCent for being an all around awesome dude and dropping knowledge and encouragement to all us “youngins” Also, special thanks to 99% and @ReikoX for helping me expand my genetic diversity seed wise. (there are a couple more who helped me, but they are tagged below ya know who you are!) @ryasco my silent supporter.
@Scissor-Hanz for confirming my many suspicions throughout the grow lol.
@Kalgrae for probably being my number one fan, The green dots lit up brother!
@LemonadeJoe and his staff for providing a chill home for me to ramble.

A special thanks to an honorary member who isn’t on the site yet, he’s the one who shipped me the SSH seeds when I had nothing to run but unknown bagseeds, Of course a lot of you guys helped me out with my collection too, I promise I will get to growing each and every one of them in due time. I have a special project coming up that will be announced when everything’s ready. That’s partially why I decided to chop one of them tonight, i’ll catch the other one mid-week and still have time to clean/reset/sterlize my setup (Carbon filter is gonna be a must next round, I know I don’t have neighbors but I bet the water/power meter guys could smell this even tho the meters are 150ft from my door)

There’s tons more and don’t feel left out… When you get around to posting up in here i’ll thank you too lol.

And I just realized I’m typing out this long ass post sounding like I just won an academy award or the freakin superbowl. Sorry bout that! lol.

12 Likes

I appreciate you giving me the joy of letting me follow along! You have some nice cola’s for all that hard work, good job! :grin:

6 Likes

Congrats on a successful harvest. Should be plenty of meds for the wife and even some for you. Can’t wait to see what you have coming up next. :thumbsup: :seedling:

5 Likes

Second that!

Really good looking harvest my friend.

I’ll keep a seat here, for you next run.

99%

3 Likes

Man, your friend made some NICE f-2’s of SSH.
…and you did him proud with some BIG colas, @Jellypowered
Nice set-up. :+1:
Hope you and your fam never have to buy a bud again in your long and prosperous life.

3 Likes

usually quite unstable ssh but don’t think these turned out too bad. Wish I would have kept one or 2 to hand now. Literally just joined after jelly requesting my presence for some months. Not currently running anything myself. Neighbours are far too interfering after moving house. Seeing all these colas making me want to run again though

7 Likes

A very warm welcome to @anon58740919 my buddy that gifted me the ssh:) glad you made it bro!

I got 3 or 4 left, after my next special run I’ll do a seed grow and try to do it up OG style for everyone !

4 Likes

Hope you can get your neighbors to but out and get up a grow soon.

99%

2 Likes

I’m working on it. I’ll be ordering 100 x leylandii as soon as the snow fucks off to hedge off my perimeter. Fastest growing and evergreen. Should do the job nicely. And cost effective. Even mirror tinted my kitchen window. Fuck em

2 Likes

Looks like winter just rolled over Europe. Keep warm bro.

2 Likes

Definitely glad I’m no longer an attic grower bro. You say keep warm. My mrs says clean the windows. So looks like I’ll have to be cold for a while :joy: sub zero temps for the next couple weeks then hopefully spring shows it’s face

2 Likes

If I had a Mrs, she would have left me too, lol.

2 Likes

Don’t know whether to laugh or be sad on your behalf here mate lol

2 Likes