Jelly's Cab Adventures

I looked back at mine to see how long I had thrip damage before noticing. Right after I got the Skywalker OG cuttings…

2 Likes

A little update with pics on the Grass Monkey.

Think i’ve finally got the blumats dialed in, one pot has formed algae and I’ve never had this happen with my black fabric pots.

It’s for sure gonna be time to flip soon, the other plants are catching up with #1 and #4.

Number 2 looks to be a different geno or something, it doesn’t look like the others at all.

I think i’ve got the deficiencies covered now, the spots you see are on the same leaves they started on, it doesn’t appear to be getting any worse.

Alright time to go earn that paycheck. :fire:

8 Likes

You can’t be too careful as to which genetics ( :bug: ) make it to your grow room.

99%

3 Likes

the algae wouldn’t be due to the pot, just happens if things aren’t sterile and the pots are running a tad too wet, if the surface dries out more the algae doesn’t form.

Having the same issue with the current plants in my pc case just ere running a bit too wet for too long.

3 Likes

Yeah, 6 pots was a little more difficult to get dialed in moisture wise, I think it’s good now.

I still don’t like the white pots, they look grungy :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m almost too ashamed to even post these shots. Makes me think the last grow was just a fluke >.<

I’ll figure it out, but right now insomnia is kicking my ass. Happens after I get back from a fast run like the last two days.

8 Likes

Maybe too moist?

I am having a more than shit run too mate so you aren’t alone. ( yours look way better than mine could ever recover to ).

3 Likes

Well you can always try one sure thing :slight_smile: less Light less water and less nutrients.

They are very dark Green but I can also see some nute problems. Probably lockout :-/

They are very bushy and Haveshort nodes which may suggest too much Light too early on grow.

And their leafes are very curly and curled down which may suggest too much water. Try to dry them out and Check you outake pH. It might be too high ot low :-/

So in conclusion… I would dry them out, lowered Light intensity and flush them after that :slight_smile: good luck :slight_smile:

Edit: I would also remove lower set of leaves to get more air to the top of the soil. They might be suffocateing a bit :-/

5 Likes

Over water came to my mind too. The Blumats are working too well for these smaller plants. The Megacrop may be a tad high this young. I would dial back the Blumats a tad and skip the next scheduled feeding. Give them a dose of LITFA and they should turn around. :thumbsup: :seedling:

6 Likes

They HAD lockout, That issue was corrected. New growth is healthy, just real scrunched up.

I adjusted my lights down some, they should be happier

lol. I LOVE PRUNING I JUST GOT PERMISSION TO MUTILATE MY PLANTS! @Fisch said so!

bbbbut Fisch said I could prune :wink:

This explains a lot right now, After a good nights sleep of 4 hours this makes perfect sense. I didn’t install my blumats on the last grow until the plants were almost 12" tall. It’s a case of being too successful.

Thanks guys i’ll make the required adjustments tonight :smiley:

9 Likes

Great smoke . :seedling::slight_smile:hope its as good as it looks lol . Mechelle x

2 Likes

Mechelle,

It for sure is! There’s a smoke report buried in there somewhere. You’re almost there!

2 Likes

Ya’ll were right. My blumats are all fucked up. The ones closest to the supply line are TOO wet, (Monkeys 1 and 4) and the other 4 are too dry. (stunted obviously) and I think having distribution drippers in 1 gallon pots is a bad idea. There’s too much water coming out before the sensor can tell it needs to stop the flow.

I’m gonna fix up something different this weekend, not sure which way i’ma go yet, I’m probably gonna fit that concrete tub into the floor of my cab and order the Flood and drain fittings.

Probably gonna custom make some light proof vents (dark room style) because of fitting the tub in the floor i’ll lose my elbows.

Looks like Saturday will be a busy day doing a mini-rebuild of the cab.

3 Likes

Hey why dont you do somethink like I got? The watering system…It would be great in your box beacause you can easily drill some holes on the bottom for exhaust tubes.

All of my plants sit on the rack that is in acrylic sheet on some screews (work like legs) the sheet is slightly tilted and the water flows down to the pipes and to the resorvoar under my box.

In conclusion…I have hose connected to the pump in my reservoir and I water every plant individualy by hand as long as I want. Usually I water every plant for about 25 seconds. Plants are in 2 galon pots and I water them with 2-3 galons of water so I basicly “flush” everytime and get rid of any exces feeding and lot of air is sucked in. All the water that flows through the plants goes back to the reservoiar and so on and on…

I personaly think that it is the best way to water plants. Lot of air, washing out used nutrients and no wasting. Only thing I do is that I refill the reservoar with new water and nutrients every time to my requiered Ec and pH :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A dose of @ReikoX’s LITFA and they already look better. Still redoing my watering system.

I shut off the blumats 22 hours ago, and they’re already bouncing back.

6 Likes

They are definitely starting to perk up.

1 Like

So now I know why my blumats weren’t working right…
I was in the middle of removing them when brown goo came out of the lines.
Looks like i had a terrible algae bloom.

EDIT:

Overview after the monkeys got their haircut.

GM1 had some kind of red spots on one node, so I “topped” it again. Oddly enough, this node grew right next to the last top, and seemed to still carry apical dominance.

A pic of the weird spots.

8 Likes

Good to see you found the issue. After seeing how well you plants were doing with the blumat drippers you inspired me to get some and see if it could help me with my soil moisture issues. I think I got them dialed in, finally, after three days lol.

Any ideas as to how you got an algae bloom?
Do you think adding some H2O2 to the rez will solve it?

3 Likes

There must be a light leak to to the res somewhere. What’s the opacity like on the blumats feed lines? I know it’s semi black but if you hold it to the light can you see through it? Did you say you were in soil bro? I wouldn’t wanna run h202 through that. Especially if I had built up mycos in my soil

5 Likes

Cannabis plants in soil need a proper wet dry cycle but i cant see how to properly achieve this with blumats/drippers etc so i don’t use em. With big pots i go by weight to tell me when they need watered cos it’s the only way i can know for certain.

2 Likes