Jelly's Cab Adventures

Alright guys, a friday night update on the two female Grass Monkeys.

Overview:
So in this pic, we have the non-topped GM2 on the left, and the topped GM5 on the right.

Overhead:
I only take these overhead shots to show the leaves and their condition. Looking pretty good imo.

Tomorrow I’ll probably do some LST on the non-topped one, they are almost finished stretching from what I can tell, and loving life.

Feed is still 20g Megacrop per 5 gallons of tap water, PH’d to 5.7 now instead of 5.5

Environment varies, temps are now stable between 70-75F (min/max) and humidity fluctuates between 25% and 40%

I’ll do a formal update in the Grass Monkey Thread this weekend after I do some training.

Jelly

19 Likes

Looking good doll… Mechelle x :blush:

4 Likes

Yah they are looking great bro… I’m interested in seeing the side by side progression. Did you top just once on the GM5?

3 Likes

Yes sir, Gm5 only once. No training on either of them at the moment.

2 Likes

@Jellypowered So you got lucky and got 4 new growth tips from the topping?

2 Likes

Technically they weren’t new. They just became more dominant :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Reinstall of the Blumats!

Since my plant count is down again, and I’m lazy… I went ahead and cleaned/sterilized the blumat lines/connectors/drippers.

I mixed 5 gallons of soup in the following strength.
24.4g Megacrop to 5 Gallons of Water
2ml dripclean,
PH down
Ending PPM was 950. (I’m about to order a Hannah TDS meter, tired of the guessing what the hell my meter wants to tell me) It “Claims” this is 1.9 EC but I’m not sure about that.

So now for the pics!

This time, I’m not going to have to worry about flooding my cabinet. The black tray will hold 5 gallons easily, I might drown my plants but i’ll be damned if any will make it to the floor haha.

GM2 an her blumat. Notice the little drop of water hanging on the line? :smiley:

GM5 an her blumat. Again, The little drop of water HANGING on the line.

The view from above. The plants have already begun to orientate themselves towards the light. The valve at the end of the orangeish hose is so I can bleed the lines when I do a res change. It’s worked well for me in the past.

In preparation for this today they were saturated very well after training was complete. They still had water standing in their pie dishes when I moved them to the black tray. Not shown is the two glue sticks under the rear of the tray to level the tray out. I didn’t want too much standing water sitting on one side of the tray, mosquitos get pretty bad here… I suppose if I need to I can throw some Gnatrol around the tray to ensure I don’t get any fungus Gnats or Mosquitos.

This should allow me to go a week at a time between res changes… and with my AC now controlled by the Inkbird ITC-1000 I know my res shouldn’t get above 70 degrees. As a precautionary measure i’ve been washing the res with hot soapy water every change now. Thank you all for checkin in, leave your comments below!

Jelly

16 Likes

Very nice harvest from the first grow. Can’t wait to see how this one turns out. Definitely sticking around.

7 Likes

I’m pleased to announce the blumats are working properly,

I have not had to adjust them at all since the install, When lights came on today I checked, no runoff in the pan, moisture levels good in the pots. An occasional drip here and there, Thumbs up!

Overview:

Overhead:

Digging it. Nothing much else to say. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Looking lush there bro. I’ll be watching this one :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Doing good ,looks really lovley.c.f. Mechelle

A little Friday the 13th update:
18 days in Flower. 57 Days from Seed. 39 days of Veg.
Megacrop at 24g per 5 gallon. Nothing else.

Overview:

Overhead:

GM2:

GM5:

Not much to say like usual. The weed usually grows itself in my cab :wink: lol

15 Likes

some of those colas are/ will be some awesome stacks.

6 Likes

@Jellypowered you’re growing some perfection in that cab! I really want to say
“holy fuck amazeballs buds you’ve got growing there” but want to keep your thread clean.:wink: Wow jelly. WOW! Happy Saturday to you and yours. Cheers

6 Likes

Hey thank you brother. Your kind words always brighten the day. I REALLY am not doing anything special. I have a good light, the megacrop test has been going very well, and the royal gold tupur is a very stable coco. To be honest I always feel like I mess with the plants too much, they should be free to just do their own thing :smiley:

4 Likes

Whatever “messing” you’re doing is definitely working. I love messing with mine too. More like gawk/stare/admire. It’s love not messing. Lol. Cheers!

6 Likes

this is why your buds are smelling like hay and drying so fast. let it dry with all the fan leaves and everything and it’ll slow the cure and won’t be getting fresh chlorophyll all over your bud

4 Likes

hey jelly do blumats require a pump to operate or is it a similar principle to this thing, with one end of the tube going in a container of water and a vacuum effect causing it to continue drawing water through? im wondering how many of these things i’d need to put in a 5g pot to make sure the whole thing gets saturated… i’d like to get automated watering set up and this seems really easy lol

5 Likes

My blumats are gravity fed. You can pressurize them up to 8 psi and they do sell pump kits too, but I like gravity it’s free :wink:

I have no experience with the ones that you linked or any style like it. @DavesNotHere is testing some of the blumat Bonsai ones soon, so there will be that added experience.

I have read the “blumat JR” which operates off the suction principal like it seems you’re linking to, doesn’t work all that well.

2 Likes

yes youre right blumat jr is the same thing. do you only have 1 blumat spike thing in each pot? would you recommend more for a 5g pot?

3 Likes