Reinstall of the Blumats!
Since my plant count is down again, and I'm lazy... I went ahead and cleaned/sterilized the blumat lines/connectors/drippers.
I mixed 5 gallons of soup in the following strength.
24.4g Megacrop to 5 Gallons of Water
Ending PPM was 950. (I'm about to order a Hannah TDS meter, tired of the guessing what the hell my meter wants to tell me) It "Claims" this is 1.9 EC but I'm not sure about that.
So now for the pics!
This time, I'm not going to have to worry about flooding my cabinet. The black tray will hold 5 gallons easily, I might drown my plants but i'll be damned if any will make it to the floor haha.
GM2 an her blumat. Notice the little drop of water hanging on the line?
GM5 an her blumat. Again, The little drop of water HANGING on the line.
The view from above. The plants have already begun to orientate themselves towards the light. The valve at the end of the orangeish hose is so I can bleed the lines when I do a res change. It's worked well for me in the past.
In preparation for this today they were saturated very well after training was complete. They still had water standing in their pie dishes when I moved them to the black tray. Not shown is the two glue sticks under the rear of the tray to level the tray out. I didn't want too much standing water sitting on one side of the tray, mosquitos get pretty bad here... I suppose if I need to I can throw some Gnatrol around the tray to ensure I don't get any fungus Gnats or Mosquitos.
This should allow me to go a week at a time between res changes... and with my AC now controlled by the Inkbird ITC-1000 I know my res shouldn't get above 70 degrees. As a precautionary measure i've been washing the res with hot soapy water every change now. Thank you all for checkin in, leave your comments below!