Jelly's Cab Adventures

Thanks for the info!

I’ll be buying a bag next week.

Go to Greenleaf site now and get a bag for free, using promo code MEGACROPpromo

2 Likes

Its like 50% off right now for larger bags, the 21lb is like $55 and its like 3.3 cents a gallon cost. Not bad at all

1 Like

Day 8f

One plant has some spots, it’s only on a few of the leaves. Any ideas?

4 Likes

Sorry, not entirely keeping up. You are in hydro?

Interested in what you find. I have had a similar feature on some organic soil plants. Nothing major. A couple of spots. I attribute mine to human error. ???

1 Like

Growing in coco, hand watering for now.
Following recommended dosages of emerald harvest, and using a cap-mag supplement as well.

Ph going in is between 5.8-6.2.

It may be human error in my case as well, I’m not too concerned about it was just curious what everyone thought.

All the other plants don’t have these spots, and there’s no evidence of predators or pests.

1 Like

One out of the crowd for me too. Maybe phenotype issue.

1 Like

were you foliar spraying with lights on? looks similar to the burns i got after spraying method 1 under my lamps. maybe early bleaching? or nutrient related, maybe a salt build up in the medium?

I haven’t foliared at all during this run, and the affected leaves are too high up for it to be drips from watering.

I water on the edge of the container and gently lift leaves up.

1 Like

i’m not sure if water would be too bad, i think it was more from the oils i was spraying.

are you feeding with every watering in coco? maybe test the ph/ppm of some run off to check

2 Likes

I’m watering tonight so I’ll check some runoff :slight_smile:

1 Like

The plants with the spots was suffering from ph lockout. The bold move I took might be frowned upon but it was kind of an accident.

Mixing up nutes as normal, everything going to plan. I slipped when pouring the ph down, and it poured way too much.

Well I went with it anyways, watered the plants and achieved runoff. Measuring all the plants, the one with spots had a runoff PH of 6.2 and the runoff was quite high in ppm. so that tells me the ph was too high. All the other plants the ph of the runoff was 5.8. I’m gonna feed at half strength next feeding because frankly I’m wasting nutes with how high the ppm was.

I’m really surprised they aren’t showing signs of burn lol.

3 Likes

The best bold move one can take.

2 Likes

Did some more defoliation tonight too on everything but the auto. I think the girls are about done getting their hair cut so to speak, I’ve left enough fans that growth shouldn’t be hindered once they recover from their haircut.

Also, looked at the undersides of the bad leaves under a microscope, no mites, bugs, or any other pests. I’m always so interested by microscopes, I could see little hairs on the underside of the leaf. Also what looked like mini trichromes already :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I can get lost for hours looking at plants under the microscope. :mag_right:

2 Likes

Well the girls loved having their PH corrected.

Day 10F

9 Likes

Be gettin all hairy soon!

1 Like

They look great Jelly, you will be in Trim Jail before you know it

3 Likes

Sorry @legalcanada I dont get on here much (as you can see lol)
@Jellypowered If you can get it delivered to where you are at a reasonable cost -do it. You wont be disappointed with the results in hydro. Im currently running MC alone with no P-K boosters or anything. Mega Crop, pH adjusted tap water and H2o2 -thats it and its killing it compared to any 3 part Ive ever run & Im no spring chicken.
Feeding for pennies on the dollar, it mixes down like tea with no sediments, low salt buildups, wont plug drippers/emitters etc., simple 1 part nutrient, doesnt need to be agitated or circulated like a lot of dry nutrients in hydro, pH stable. I really have nothing negative to say about it other than it smells like baby shit and burnt vitamins lol.
Even that is gone once you mix it. It doesn’t get any easier than this, but you can always freak the recipe a little if you choose by adding boosters etc. Im running exactly how they recommend on the feeding chart on the website too. If you are waiting on a good report, this is it. Pull the trigger my friend.
Any questions about it, feel free to ask. It’ll give me an excuse to get on here more :grin:

7 Likes

yes, when i was growing with the sample bag i was feeding maybe 1.5x the feeding chart but my plants were extremely over vegged and huge for just starting flower. i imagine normally the recommended dosages would have been fine otherwise. and i actually grew accustomed to the smell, i’d smell the bag every time i fed :upside_down:

i saw someone mention something about ordering a pallet to sell in canada, i sure hope they do!!

2 Likes