Jenny Kush Day

Today is “Jenny Kush Day”, so spark some if you have some in honor of our fallen Cannabis Warrior Jenny Monson (aka Jenny Kush).

Oddly, Lume Cannabis Company had declared August 31st “Jenny Kush Day” here in Michigan some years back. I would have chosen Jenny’s date of birth (March 7th), but that is neither here nor there. “Jenny Kush” has by far been @LumeCann 's best seller, building it into the nation’s largest Single State Operator, with 38 stores now operational across the state. Furthermore, their #2 seller, “Blueberry Crumble”, is actually just an indica leaning sister (phenotype) of their “Jenny Kush” with a different terpene profile. A true testament to the impressive genetics produced by breeder Scott Reach and @Rare_Dankness_Brand, released to the world in tribute to Jenny Monson (aka Jenny Kush) a decade ago.

It is hard to believe that today marks the 11th year without Jenny, though.

Does anyone know the status of the Jenny Kush Foundation and/or Jenny’s four children?

18 Likes

This is really awesome man. I had a little bit of information about her previously, but I wasn’t aware of a foundation or her children. Terribly sad, but her impact is really incredible to me. I ended up picking up a pack of that Jenny Kush and I have it in storage right now. That is for sure Definitely one of the packs I’m really excited to run. I’ve heard only nothing but good things about it. Rest in peace Jenny

4 Likes

There is a preservation project here that was started last year by @TopShelfTrees1 before his exposure as a con artist.

That project/thread may be dead in the water now.

We have begun a similar Jenny Kush project here in Michigan though. As we progress and organize we hope to open it to the community here. Keep an eye out, maybe you and your seeds can join the party.

6 Likes

I endorse that message ;-)~

We started our day off here with a 2 gram doobie of Lume’s commercial swag “Jenny Kush”. Life could be worse ;-)~

10 Likes

Next up today is another phenotype of Jenny Kush flower (JK2) picked and grown by a fellow Michigan Medical Caregiver @Adam_Dub_710. She is really sativa dominant, even more so than the Jenny Kush Lume has on the market here. She reminds me of the original Jack Herer, as it can get a bit trippy when you smoke too much ;-)~

And finally to close the evening here is Adam’s indica pick/phenotype of Jenny Kush flower he had recently harvested. She is very similar to the second Jenny Kush pheno Lume sells as “Blueberry Crumble”.

9 Likes

I smoked a LOT of Jenny Kush today ;-)~

11 Likes

Very cool tray! :+1: :+1:

So now you have sampled, which way are you leaning? (Sativa or Indica)

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Personally the sativa side, and more specifically the Amnesia Haze terpene profile. All of the Jenny Kush phenotypes I am currently medicating with are crazy powerful (high THC%) and I assume that comes from dad. My Golden Ticket in the Jenny Kush project/phenohunt would likely give up a few points of the THC% to gain a few points (doubling) on the terpene % and that profile experience/entourage. Wish me luck brother ;-)~

5 Likes

Sounds like a great plan. Good luck man.

1 Like

So glad i didnt give that pos my pack of JK.

2 Likes

Stuff looks :fire:. I was blown away the first time i Tried the JK from Lume years ago. Last year when i got it, it still looked and smelled amazing, but was lacking a lot of the terps. I just think they have a hard time growing enough to get out the door.

2 Likes

I totally agree @douggyfresh420

I have been taking pics of my purchases and there has clearly been a gradual decline in quality over the years. The terpenes are definitely the most notable and I cannot recall the last time I picked up Jenny Kush there with over 2% terpenes.

2 Likes