Joe’s odd grows

Let me get right to all the details…
2 x 2 grow tent
250 watt LED (California lightworks)
Small humidifier
tent fan ( clips to poles)
4” INLINE DUCT FAN With TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY CONTROLLER
Soil- short wide pot has roots organics and ewc. The tall pot has black gold compost, seed starter and ewc. 3 - 2.5 gal fabric pots will be joining the party mixed with roots organic, happy frog and living organic soil.

My first issue I have run into is maintaining a proper VPD. Right now temps range from high 60’s (Light off) to high 80’s (Light on). The in-line fan seems to have a difficult time regulating the humidity levels. My question is do I need a stand alone humidifier controller?? Something that will turn on and off my humidifier??
I think I found what would help me https://inkbird.shop/products/itc-608t?variant=13640047099967&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_campaign=gs-2019-10-14&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign
Is this recommended or what other options do I have that require me not having to spend money on such equipment?
I will be able to post pics of lay out when 6:00 rolls around as that is when my light comes on!
I appreciate all and any help!!!

7 Likes

What are your humidity levels?

2 Likes

Nice set up.grow on

Peace out and stay safe

1 Like

8 Likes

Well so far I seem to manage my humidity in the range of 55-75% and temp now at night with the light stays around 84-87 f

Plants look ok considering the shift of environments.
So back up!!!LOL! I had these healthy bag seeds and I applied for my medical personal production license which I got approved for!!! In the meantime I planted the seeds at a friends house who has his license. Well now I got my license and I took my plants from being grown indoors in an abandoned but not dilapidated trailer, So from that environment with no humidity and temp control no wonder why they are so small being that they broke ground 3 weeks ago but now I hope to bring them back to full life!! I’ll take plants pics after my meal!

2 Likes

so the second pic is definitely something different. The other banana punch seedlings I left with my friend looked like the first pic.
So this means that the second pic is most likely one of two other strains. It’s either rks bx or a grasshopper haze.

6 Likes

IMHO, no need to spend a lot of money to get low your humidity level.

Are you ventilating 24/24? If not, do it.
If you already do that, so add a fan.
More ventilation you have, less humidity you’ll have :wink:

What is about the humidity in the room where are located your box (outside grow room)? If it’s too high, it’s here your troubles…

And be careful to not put your fan directly to the plants. With seeds, if you have hermies, it’s the baddest thing to do.

1 Like

I’ll get some pics of the set up.

6 Likes

When light is off it gets to 69-75 degrees with humidity at around 55-63%.

When on the temp reaches 82-87 with humidity staying the same.
When the light is off I turn my fan on a few times to move air but I don’t leave it on the whole time or it drys out the tent to fast. I leave my humidifier running on low when light is off. When light is on I have it cranked.
Thanks for feedback !!! Still learning but every enthused about growing my own medicine!!!

3 Likes

According to these numbers and what i see the plants are good. Theyre in a bit large of pot for babies so theyll do some underground work before you see them take off. The babies i saw are currently happy. Dont overwater em
make roots search for it. Theyll jump to attention soon. You numbers are all within range. Run em on the drier side n theyll take off.

3 Likes

Oh and its a banana strain. Not sure but im running sweet chiquitas now n they took off slow but got thier feet now. They were drinking slow. Real easy to get tooo wet. I spray bottled the soil.

4 Likes

Yeah I bought an ounce of banana punch and ended up with 9 beans, all big and mature.
The other plant is a burning love and unfortunately I didn’t take a screen shot of the genetics and the guy who sold em seemed to suddenly disappear, he was based outta South Africa. Any how I do know the burning love had a mix of Malawi, NL, Thai and Swazi. For being a baby plant, stem rub is Stanky!!!
And thanks for the watering tip!! I am following that because I don’t wanna repeat mistakes.
I may be in over my head though, I had some freebie fem seeds and I had them for a while and didn’t store them the correct way. Anyhow I threw them in water just to see and they popped!!! In total 2 fem seeds. Dinafem OG Kush, Ripper seeds Toxic and 20Twenty Mendocino Island Fever was a freebie from last year so that one should be good but hasn’t popped just yet. Oh and I’m running everything from 12/12. Looking for harvest ASAP before doing an 18/6. Hoping for the best.

4 Likes

So I didn’t do anything different last night but the temps shot to 90 and humidity dipped to 30’s - I have no idea why it happened. I woke up just a few minutes before the light goes out and I wasn’t able to grab a pic but the plants looked not to happy. More so the smaller plant. Hopefully it wasn’t too much of a shock. I’ll post pics but unfortunately not until 6 mountain time.
I have my inline fan connected and also have a small fan inside the tent. I have played with position a little bit of the small fan in the tent but not sure if there is a certain spot I should have it to help in keeping temps down. Pics at top of my post show fan placement. Humidifier has been moved outside the tent.

1 Like

I’m agree with rooted. No trouble with this rates and temp.

But now 90 is a little too hot. You have to try to get down the temp at max. 87 like you had before.

Don’t you have a problem with the humidifier last days? Never had 30% before, right?

Is the in-line fan powerful enough for your temps? (excuse my English)

2 Likes

Yeah I’m not sure what variable is at play here for the humidity to have dipped before going to bed. The only thing different last night was that I had only left my window cracked as opposed to an inch or so.
My inline fan should be strong enough, it’s an ac infinity 4”. Now here are something to note, it’s attached to a carbon filter n as I think of it I don’t need that at the moment since no stank Is apparent yet. But if I disconnect it the ducting would be in the tent Still pulling out air, just not through the carbon filter, make a difference hopefully!!
Also should I have my tent fan (small white 1) aimed at a certain position to help with the temp??

Got it figured out. The subsonic element in the humidifier was a little dirty. Had to use some vinegar to clean it and now got a strong steady stream of humid air flowing out. Plants looking good. Post a pic later when Light comes on and if anything needs attention share your knowledge. Thank you!

Uploading: 6CFF6342-A630-43AD-BA04-B84D63CB3890.jpeg…

5 Likes

Just a little update of what’s goin on. So far so good I suppose for running 12/12 from the get go. But I suppose growth would be slow for plants under 12/12 from seed??

6 Likes

Small update overall pic of the little tent that could! :joy: . This 2nd pic is of developing flowers of my burning Love which looks like it might stretch a little for being a small plant. Next is banana punch flower coming along but plant stayed very squat, might have been stunted while at a friends house And last is a “RKS” seedling that seems happy and ready to grow! Red stem from the start and fuzzy too! For 3rd day popping surface I’m thinking she’ll be vigorously growing until flower!
Seem to have most things under control so far but I always welcome input and helpful advice. Cheers all!!

3 Likes