Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 6)

Oh, may bad. Musta missed that part, lol.:crazy_face:
Yeah, I dont think I’ve ever taken an auto past 100 days. Well, thats a lie…the EFOG that’s making seeds right now is on day 106. But yeah, usually 75-95 days is where they land for me.

4 Likes

Those were some of the best ribs I’ve ever smoked. But I say that every single time.
All I do is peel the membrane from the bone side, mix up my rub and apply. Leave it in the fridge overnight.
Start the coals or wood and get the smoker up to a consistent 200 to 250. Place the racks bone side up for an hour or so keep flipping about every hour. About five hours of cooking time. You know they are done when the meat pulls away from the ends of the bone and take your tongs and try the wiggle test if you can wiggle the meat with your tongs, that means there’s still too much fat that hash not dissolved yet. Leave them another half hour and retest. Make sure to keep enuff wood in the fire box to keep the heat up. That’s it.
Oh yeah. And my home made BBQ sauce.

8 Likes

Kinda figgered you just missed it. Hehe. Nice flowers on those plants tho.

2 Likes

Go ahead… rub it in, why don’t ya! Pardon the pun, couldn’t resist! :crazy_face: :+1:
Glad you’re enjoying your new toy though!

4 Likes

Hell yeah man. Yesterday was special at dinner time. Those were some fine ribs. Zee made some of her homemade potato salad. Incredible, if I must say so. Some doctored up baked beans with brown sugar, apple pie filling and bacon strips. Add that to a six pack of beer and a couple bong bowls of Frankenstein. That, my friend, is a recipe for a nice time.

6 Likes

Sounds delicious @BigMike55
You say apple pie filling in the beans……hmmmmm, we just may have to try that next time.

Afternoon y’all, it’s been a busy day for sure

2 Likes

ThE best BBQ place I’ve ever been to! The guy was a buddy of mine. Best baked beans ever. He would not tell me the secret. A few years ago I guess I aggravated him enuff that he told me. Mix in apple pie filling in the beans. Like a can for a big pot of baked beans. Delish.

5 Likes

New one to me but next bbq which is next weekend will b trying. Thanks for the pro tip :+1: getting that nice time to sit on the porch kinda weather

3 Likes

Everyone in the family that has brought baked beans to functions make them the same, bacon and brown sugar. I’ll change it up next get together. The wife makes killer coleslaw and if I can be in charge of baked beans from now on sounds like a winner! Anxious to try them. Thanks for sharing bigmike

5 Likes

I sent @MoBilly some BlueBerry CBD 15:1 It helps a lot with pain and sleep issues.

4 Likes

You’re a good brother, Brother.

4 Likes

I like how you think, LOL

3 Likes

Gonna call it, folks!

Good Night OG!

5 Likes

Good morning @JohnnyPotseed and friends!
Have a great Wednesday everyone

5 Likes

Good morning @buck90 @JohnnyPotseed & OG!

9 Likes

I tried to sleep in but 5:30 is my limit, good morning Johnny, @buck90, @CanuckistanPete, let’s slow down a little bit. It’s Wednesday already and my week off is going too fast. Have a nice day OG’s.:wink:

8 Likes

Good morning Johnny!
Good morning! @buck90 @CanuckistanPete @Greenfingers
Good morning Circus dwellers and OG! :green_heart::heart:
Have a great day!
@Greenfingers Time seems to slow when I smoke more! :wink: Unless I fall asleep then it goes really fast! :joy: Enjoy the rest of your week off! :sunglasses::facepunch:t3:

10 Likes

Morning all in the 3-Ring Circus.
Gonna be another hot and humid day here today, and have to trudge thru the damn big ass Ford doors, they aren’t agreeing and they are pushing my brain to almost the frazzle point. I’ll get ‘em dialed in today though, a lot of smoke, and time to relax and chill last night has given me a new perspective on how to adjust them.
The knee and ankle are not liking the hot weather, and crawling around on the floor, it’s been a bitch and pretty painful, one reason I’m glad I don’t have to do field work anymore.
Hope all have a great day, stay safe, HYDRATED and cool!!!
Off to the craziness at my shop.

12 Likes

Morning y’all.:slightly_smiling_face:
Not your typical hump day!

10 Likes

Good morning OG :coffee:
Back into the heat n humidity :sunglasses:

9 Likes