Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 9)

Did he leon redbone do shine on harvest moon?

1 Like

Answered my own question.

Is anyone cooler than that guy???

3 Likes

I think my favorite song of his is “Lazy Bones”. I dang near got into a fight with a slacker that got hired on. Every time I walked past I was quietly singing that tune. lol
He didn’t last long.

3 Likes

This is my choice of vinyl this evening.

4 Likes

Funny. There was another engineer where i used to work who always tried his ass off to make me look bad and or get me fired. I used to piss him off by singing “I’m Still Standing, yeah, yeah, yeah” like Elton John. He hated that. I played his silly game for years. As far as i know hes still there.

1 Like

I’m gonna be so happy come Tuesday morning, lol Doc appt, I wanna go in there and toss the whole bottle of Hydrocodone in his lap and say no thnx, don’t need em - I took care of pain with my rosin!
Been hitting this stuff and it dies do the trick better! lol
Better potency, longer lasting, less harmful!

11 Likes

It’s been too long since listening to that. :slight_smile:

Love me some Savoy Brown. They had a song back in the day that ended up being mine and Zee’s song. It “Run To Me”. Great song. Good acoustic strumming in that one.
Always have liked them tho. Really like that style of rock and roll, boogie type stuff. I know. Im weird.
This one

4 Likes

I’ve listened to and liked, all three over the years. But really don’t have any one channel for the music I like.
Leon redbone, Leon Russel, & Savoy Brown

2 Likes

Laff at us old folks, but we had all the great music. And got to see many of them live.

4 Likes

Legends were born and grew to become, and played in them days!

TFF lol that still don’t look or sound right on ‘playback’!

Legends played, Free even, back in them days.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s just me loosing my hearing but I have a hell of a time understanding the lyrics of music today.
Those old crooners were, and still are when I listen to them, completely understandable and the songs were sung with feeling.
I’m not talking genre either. From blues to rock to country to hill music to friggin jazz, the lyrics came through clear.
I think modern music has shifted to where the beat and synth is more important than lyrics… / songs with a message…
Rambling stoner…

3 Likes

I guess there’s plenty of the new stuff that ya can understand, and can be good, but I agree with you in the overall picture. Lots of the new music is hard to understand the lyrics.

3 Likes

I’m closing it down here, folks. I’ll cyas tomorrow.

Good Night OG!

10 Likes

I was just about to say the same.
Good night brother. And to all OG as well.
:pray:

7 Likes

I love to read your guys conversations, you all are admirable. You all have and had better music growing up than I did, my opinion anyways. Goodnight everyone.

3 Likes

Just like that, I’m up again! lol
Can’t get past that 2hr mark, dammit

1 Like

Here is one that is easy to understand the words:

5 Likes

Good Morning OG!

8 Likes

Dammit You woke me up Johnny !!!
Thank you.
Not even 5am yet.

4 Likes