Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 1)

We mainly grow for our own personal use/pleasure and sell any excess to the dispensaries and processors. It’s cheaper to have a growers license than what it’d cost to buy at the dispensaries.
Example, we smoke about 2 ounces minimum a week. Multiply that (approx $350 per ounce) times 52 weeks for a grand total of about $18,000 a year. The grower’s license is only $2500/year.

edit…ooops, that price is for only 1 ounce per week double that for what it’d cost us!
Also, there is rarely any excess lol that’s why we’re changing to autos.

6 Likes

I hear that, will have to look at OK. dispensary’s its 20 a gram here highest weight they sell is a 1/4 so oz’s come out to 4 hundred and some . Dont have that option here, they Want 5 or 10k just to apply and then there going to most likely turn yah down. So far they only have two growers here

this is a pic of our ‘medicine cabinet’ at the moment. The second pic is one taken a couple months back.

32 Likes

looks like party at your house!

4 Likes

OUCH!! and here I thought it was bad in Oklahoma!

3 Likes

lol…It’s always a party here. We start smoking when waking up and don’t stop until going to bed. Both retired, and just growing our meds, so that’s no problem lol

sometimes there’s more and sometimes there’s less. but there’s ALWAYS something in there lol

11 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed I like your style,… nice stash! Looks like you have it at the point of everlasting lol…I mean never running out.

6 Likes

Well thnx lol we try to not ever let it get too low!

5 Likes

Damn, I just got through eating some totally home made shrimp alfredo, and it was off the hook! lol No damn wonder I kept this woman… :rofl: :+1: :sunglasses:

edit… she messed up when we first met, lol she cooked a meal for me! I was hooked, for life…
who said’ the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach’?

probably a woman lol

15 Likes

maybe had to be some one with knowledge of the situation

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :+1:

3 Likes

pic of the girls this morning. They’re growing and looking good, except for one that has some yellowing to it’s leaves. There’s a couple I’m in doubt of, and if they don’t perform…out they go!

from left to right, the 3rd on top has a bit of yellow on 2 leaves. There’s also a couple of ‘slowpokes’ that might get tossed…we’ll see how they come along.

13 Likes

Ok, update for day 3 in their permanent home until harvest (10 days after germination) The 3rd from left on top is showing more color and the yellow spot on 2 leaves are going away. The 2 slowpokes at top right and bottom right are starting to come out with 2nd set so they might get to live yet lol. Otherwise, everything is good to go.

11 Likes

Day 4 update, 11days after germination. These 16 seedlings are growing well and seem to like the conditions I’ve arranged for them.

the white spot on the two leaves (3rd from left top row) are greening back up and the 2 stragglers are trying to catch up also, so they get to live… for the moment!

4 Likes

Also, I’m moving on rather quickly into the next phase of this new Auto attempt. I just dropped a batch of new seeds into my favorite germination setup. These are the ‘Mark’s Green Head Band’ I mentioned earlier, somewhere on OG. This is a cross between The Devil’s Head Band and Monster Kush. Mark told me they will grow 40" in the first 40 days! I got the room and the time for this and they’ll just be added into this room when I put the germinated seeds into their final homes of 3gal trade pots. There are 77 beans in this batch.

edit… I’m sure glad nothing ‘naughty’ was going on when i took the pics! I didn’t think about the reflection in the humidity dome! all you can see is some plants behind me. :rofl: :rofl:

10 Likes

Rocking and rolling in the autos nice. What is the medium in your humidity domes for the seeds?

The proof is in the pudding, as the old saying goes. lol

6 Likes

OH WOW! This is a great idea! Your “little” army is coming along quite nicely! Well done! :smiley:

1 Like

Updater for day 5, 12 days after germination. The girls are coming along nicely with good growth, no wilting or dead leaves etc.

Next pic is the 77 seeds of Mark’s ‘Green Head Band’ that I dropped in my favorite germinating process. There was no presoak or anything since these are fresh seeds. They went straight from the vial into the tray. Less than 24 hours, and they’re already popping out root shoots! Actually approximately 20 hours. They’ll be going into their permanent homes of 3gal trade pots when I take them out of the tray.

edit… I count about 25 popped in the first 24 hrs. So a third of em are already coming outta the husk!

14 Likes

I love how badly those seeds want you to grow them into giant beasts! :smiley:

3 Likes