Johnny's retreat and up coming grow logs

Johnny here, welcome all to my retreat, this will become the place to log/document my up coming grows and get to know this OG community.

First a little about my growing styles and back ground.

Was a member of the old OG for about a year before it was taken down. OG was what got me into growing in the first place, soaked up all I could and eventually built a large cabinet to grow in. Was about 7ft (2100mm) X 4ft (1200mm) X 2ft (600mm) , 600 watt metal halide for flower and 4 ft fluoro for veg and clones. Grew way to much in no time ( was it good?? No way, not compared to what I can grow now days ) and after a few grows shut it down. Sorry no photos, didn’t have digital camera then.

Not long after, circumstances changed, had to move house and dismantled every thing. I smoked what I had, which was quite a lot, and eventually started buying again for a while before thinking about growing again. I finally took refuge over at icmag and started researching different methods and took interest in micro growing. I started in a PC Case for the first couple of grows, then another PC Case for mums and cloning.

A couple of pics

After about 18 months I decided to upgrade the PC grow case into a micro cab to suite the space available.

A couple more pics

These were all compact fluro, organic soil grows. A few years of growing in this cab I built another bigger cab that fitted a new cab for flower ( same size as old cab ) and a similar sized cab for mums and veg, retiring the old veg PC Case. This time I’ve gone with of the shelf led instead of compact fluros, still with organic soil, with just as good, if not better results. When I’ve dialled the plants in, it’s easy to produce 10 to 16 grams every 4 weeks on a perpetual grow cycle ( with the right varieties ).

Picks of new cab.( Sorry about quality, taken with tablet )

Lockable double doors

Doors open

Both open, mum and veg on the left, grow on right

Mum and veg ( with my bubble Cloner )

And the flower cab

I currently have nothing growing, been this way for about 12 months now. I slowly lost all my mums etc due to work away commitments and a few holidays. Was not able to keep the water up to them and lost them. Never mind time to start again. I’ve just received a order and will be starting in about 2 to 4 weeks ( work and then holidays again ). I’ve been trying to get some seeds for the last 9 months. 1st order late last year did turn up but no germination success, packet said about 6 years old sincde packaged. 2nd order a couple of months later did not show up, maybe siezed, then the last order has finnaly turned up a couple of days ago.

10 Northern lights regular ( ordered )
2 AK 48’s. Freebies ( FEM )
2 California haze. Freebies ( Regular )
1 Afghan Kush. Free ( FEM )

I’m thinking of starting 1 AK and the 1 Afghan, all going well both females as I need more bud as I’m getting short again. I’ll try and find a few more pics and upload and then start the grow shortly.

Cheers all, Johnny

( Hope it all looks good, first major post with picks )

26 Likes

Looking forward to your upcoming grow(s). Looking like you got some good stuff coming down the pipe. Welcome to OG again.

2 Likes

Nice and discreet.

Go Johnny Go!

99%

4 Likes

Nice micro grows. Good luck, cant wait to see what you do. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

I’m in too. . .:popcorn::seat: awesome​:+1:

1 Like

Hey there @hewhocoruptz @99PerCent @ReikoX @Hoodini , thanks all for stopping by and the well wishes. I’m looking forward to popping a couple of beens but that will have to wait until I get back. I’m leaving for work tomorrow for about 10 days

A couple of random pics

This one is from the old PC Case, it got a little big so I had to employ a bit of bondage to her

A fresh harvest from the cab from 2 plants

What I like to see, the main bud

I’ll be back again soon with some updates when I get started

Cheers Johnny

19 Likes

Don’t work to hard.

99%

1 Like

Looking great man. I’m definitely pulling up a seat.

What kind of LED’s did you get? I’m assuming the household screw in type right?

2 Likes

Hey there @99PerCent, I’m doing more driving than working, over 1800 klm over the last 4 days with another 1400 or so over the next 3 days to do. Managing to fit in a little work in between driving tho.
@Fewding, bayonet fittings over here in Australia, but yes thee same. Have the covers removed and shining directly down. Have about 10 1\2 inches above the pots to work with.

The veg/mum cab is running cool whites ( 1 X 10 watt, 1 X 5 watt, not sure of exact number rating over about 3/4 of a square foot ) and the flower cab is running 2 X warm whites and 1 cool white ( 3 X 10 watt over about 3/4 of a square foot )
Another couple of pics.
Here is a way I’ve kept some mums in the past, shapped into an “S” shape. It give a lot of vertical growth potential for cuts.

So all going well I’ll soak a couple of seeds in the next day or so and keep my fingers crossed.

Cheers Johnny

11 Likes

Hi all

So Im up and running again, Ive gotten back from my work trip, soaked a couple of seeds and have had 1 emerge

This one is an AK48 fem that I received as a freebie with my last order. the other one which is still to show is an Afghani Kush fem. I soaked both overnight in a glass of water on Friday night (note to my self 10/8/18), into the paper towel on Saturday morning and by Sunday lunch both had cracked and where showing tails.

They are both sitting under there little humidity domes

Ill keep things updated as they progress

Cheers Johhny

5 Likes

So the second seed is now up and running as well

Afghani Kush

The AK48

The group shot

These are both supposed to be Fem seeds, so time will tell

Cheers Johhny

10 Likes

Ok 1 week update

Together shot (as of 21/8/18 )
Afghan Kush left, AK48 right

Afghan Kush 7 days

AK 48, 8 days

Slowly coming along
Cheers Johnny

12 Likes

Weekly update as of 27/8, just over 2 weeks old now

Together shot

AK48

Afghan Kush

So it looks like the soil may still be a little hot, its more than 12 months old now, never mind they will recover.

Cheers Johnny

10 Likes

Update time

Sorry its been 2 weeks since last update, just got back yesterday from a 10 day holiday over at beautiful Moreton Island campind on the beach and 4WDing. I didnt get a chance to update before I left.

4 Week update 10 Sep 2018

The group shot

So the Afghan is growing a lot slower and is about 80mm high now ( about 3 inch’s ) and the AK is about 140mm (just over 4 inch’s ).

Afghan Kush

AK48

So they are both sprouting growth at each of the nodes. The plan is to top each at some stage and make a clone out of the cut, and put the plants into flower. It looks like the AK will be getting the cut shortly, but Ill have to wait a bit for the Afghan to grow a little taller first.

Cheers Johnny

11 Likes

Mid week update 13 sep 2018

So I have topped the AK48 to take a clone and to promote the side branching to develop

The cutting sitting in the bubble clonner

So the plan is to create a mum from the cut, and to form 4 main stems on the main plant and put into flower.

I will do exactly the same to the Afghan Kush when it gets a little taller.

Cheers Johnny

6 Likes

Very cool micro grow you got going here. Looks like you are very comfortable with the setup you got. Suck to start over, but looks like your on your way! :thumbsup:

If I could offer anything is that your plants are indicating somethings up with the soil, may want to check the PH of your soil (could explain some yellowing on leaf tips)

All in all, Great work! Glad you are here at OG!

3 Likes

Update time again
6 1/2 weeks old

First up, hey there @Roux, thanks for stopping by, I took your advice and checked the Ph levels. The water I have been using was sitting at around 8, way to high so I gave them both a good flushing with some rain water which is sitting at around 6.2 at this has stopped the problem after follow up waterings so thank you.

Today, 27 Sep, I have put them into the flower chamber. Now the fun should start.
Ive trimmed them and left 4 branches to flower with, this has actually given me 3 cuts of each to form new plants. 1 of each for a mum and the left over will be flowered out.

AK48

Afghan Kush

Untill next time
Cheers Johnny

11 Likes

Up date time

Sorry for not updating sooner to those that are following, have been battling with the flu over the last few weeks. It’s not been a high priority.

Ok note to my self ( and those who choose to follow)

Both plants in flower now for 4 weeks as of 25/10/18, photos to follow.

Soaked another 2 seeds 4 days ago. 1 California haze and the last AK 48.
The haze cracked after 24 hour soak, planted at 36 hours and pushed its head up 12 hours later, going well so far
The AK48 seems to have cracked but nothing else has happened. Was put into paper towel after 36 hours.

Have had 2 Afghan Kush cuts produce roots, 1 planted 22/10, the othe today 25/10

Ok some photos

Afghan Kush 4 weeks flower

A close up of 1 of the buds

And back into the flower chamber

The AK 48 4 weeks flower

The 2 Afghan Kush cuts planted

And the California Haze at 36 hours above ground

Until next time
Johnny

9 Likes

Up date time again

5 1/5 week flower
Afghan Kush

And the AK, not doing much at all

Now the cuts have started to put on growth which is good

And together

And the California Haze seedling which seems to have stalled but still alive

Cheers
Johnny

10 Likes

Update time 16/11 flowering 7 weeks

So the AK has been culled didn’t do anything and started dieing. I think a big part of the problem is my soil. I don’t think it’s “alive” any more and the plants are not taking up nutrients as they should be.

I’ve got some nice fresh worm castings so I’ll amend the soil and also make up some tea and breathe some life back into it. In the meantime I’ve top dressed the other pots with the castings

Afghan Kush at 7 weeks

The 2 cuts/clones of the Afghan

One of these I will put into flower and the other to make a new mum.

And the California haze seedling

Until next time
Cheers Johnny

6 Likes