Jungle Love - Testing Durban crosses from LEDSeedz

This will be the official testing thread for the Durban crosses I finished recently. Joining me is @99PerCent @Yarddog @Eddie.saw @MadScientist @Jellypowered and @toastyjakes

The rules of the test have been laid out by PM and we are all happy to be taking a little trip over to the African side of things. Each person has been given one strain to run, and I am running all 6 strains of which two were not handed out.

I know a couple will not receive their testers until tomorrow so join in when you are ready to go.

I have use rapid rooters upside down and created my own little holes to keep them nice and cozy and these were placed under 135 watts of full spectrum LED power. I use RO water and my PPM’s are around 40 currently.

Good luck to everyone and lets go find some dank shall we.

29 Likes

Front row seat! :popcorn:

10 Likes

Well these arrived today and they are set directly into a seedling mix this time. Watered them with some aloe/kelp/fulvic acid juice and they are set under the Ray22 at 18/6. Hoping they like the new lights.

22 Likes

oh here we go!

Mine are on course to be delivered tomorrow… when I get home, all will get dunked overnight, paper towel covered before i leave for Work and put into soil after tap roots show…

also gonna be implementing bluemats and running them start to finish in their final pots…

11 Likes
10 Likes

I can’t believe THIS hasnt happeed yet …no plants will be missing this rain…

11 Likes

Good luck to all. Wishing tons of females for everyone. Peace OG

9 Likes
8 Likes

I will report for duty tomorrow when the seeds arrive good sire!

Sci :robot:

8 Likes

My expected delivery didn’t go as expected… Looks like it’ll be here tomorrow… Super stoked!

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

7 Likes

Greetings everyone! I’m honored to have been selected to run another round of @Led_Seedz excellent genetics. In this first post i’ll detail way too much information and give some of my secrets away. I recently completed upgrades of my cab from using blumat drippers to a custom flood and drain setup built into the floor of the cab. Got rid of the plastidoor(™) and built double doors that I can lock. Usual nerdiness applies, everything can be controlled from my phone, and I have a static mounted camera mounted in the cab for daily shots. @Led_Seedz told me i’ve got more time in my cab than he’s got in his whole flower room… whoops lol.

Hard Data:

I was selected to run Cherry OG X Pure Durban

The following is data that is unlikely to change during the test grow, so I will only include this in the first check in.

More than you wanted to know about my setup

Growing Medium: Grow!t Coco Crutons
Growing Process: Custom Flood and Drain setup
Container: 4" square pots (Very small, I like a challenge. Hoping this will limit overall plant size for my small cab)
Lighting: 300w JellySol

Cab data

Cab Data

• 6sqft (2x3x3)
  • 50 Watts/sqft
  • Flood and Drain built into the cab.
  • Completely automated with Sonoff gadgets.
  • Main ventilation is AC Infinity Cloudline T4 with remote thermostat.
  • Interior air circulation 4" desk fan zip tied to top left of cab.
  • Pics and details of the upgrades can be found Here I linked directly to the start of the upgrades.

Reservoir size and type: 12 Gallon HDX Tough Tote. Will probably only mix 10 gallons of soup at changes.
Reservoir pump: EcoPlus 396 GPH (1500L per hour) 20w Submersible Water Pump

Seed propagation method: I will be using rapid rooter plugs this go around, in a seed starting kit.

Seeds were direct sown into rapid rooter plugs on 6/27/2018 at approx 3:45PM CST.

Current germination status: 0/9

Current age: 0 Days
Notes: Age will not start until all seeds have broke the surface.
Current Flood schedule: None at the moment.
Space Temp and RH: 72F and 42% RH
Res Temp 72F
Nutes and Amount Used: Plain Tap Water at the moment.
PH: 5.7

Observations/Notes:
Next update will be when the first seedling shows itself.

Money Shot(s):

Until I have something to report, tootles!

22 Likes

I have you teamed up with another one of the testers. No idea who has what except you so no idea who that is. I know you will be a bit behind but this is like your third or so grow since we got you dialed in. Pretty sure you’ll catch you partner.
:wink:

This is where we will be camping out for the grow. Pick a spot. We’ll go fishing in the morning for dinner.

17 Likes

I want the tent to the far right, by the old tree! Cheers!

Sci

7 Likes

I see on your labels the Durban mentioned first but in decription the Cherry OG first just curious is the Durban the male??? My bad I looked back and seen it was two diff. growers, sorry.

8 Likes

Good luck with these testers guys…
Happy growing…
Gaz

6 Likes

would you mind if used the template for your hard data, for my own journals? yours is great

5 Likes
10 Likes

Don’t judge me :grin:

7 Likes

By all means go for it! Glad I could inspire you lol

3 Likes

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes