Jungle Love - Testing Durban crosses from LEDSeedz

Almost there, good thing the walls hold them up. Keep an eye out for bud rot with those huge buds!

5 Likes

Day 70F update.

Chopped one, the rest will go on saturday except one, itā€™s going as long as it takes to get lots of amber. I canā€™t place the smell, but itā€™s creamy, fruity, sweet when handling, if you get up close thereā€™s a some kind of chemical smell to it, very dank.

For sure would recommend this cross to be continued based on ease of growing and smell aloneā€¦ Holy crap @LED_Seedz

14 Likes

To continue: Everything remaining got the axe on Day 72 Flower.

plant 2

plant 3

plant 4

Plants 2-4 had 4 branches each. You can tell there is litterally buds stacked on buds. Iā€™m going to have to chop these up into smaller sections so I donā€™t get any kind of rot. Frost covered monsters! Fruity/creamy/solvent smell to them! Absolutely no evidence of inter-sexing nor even late stage reproductive efforts!

So thatā€™s it! Iā€™ll get a weigh in and smoke report when they are dry. Thanks again @LED_Seedz for allowing me to run your fantastic gear. If you ever need more testers ran, you know where to get me :wink:

Jelly

13 Likes

Keep them hung with air moving. Should be fine.

Bud rot attacks live plants, I believe.

6 Likes

I had a spot in the Bambiā€™s testers but Ilost power for 4 days in the cane so iā€™m gonna blame that and not my set-upā€¦the effin potency is off the charts.

Great job on the Durban cross, it looks massive. Looking forward to hearing a good smoke report.

8 Likes

Excellent grow @Jellypowered How do I buy that strain @LED_Seedz? Holy shit! That looks epic!

4 Likes

https://grow-legal.com/breeder/led-seedz/

6 Likes

Iā€™ve not released any of the Durban crosses as of yet but I do have every one of them either drying or in jars so soon.

8 Likes

The Results of Plant 1 are IN!

TLDR Version:

They are a bit crispy dry, but iā€™m sure as dense as they are there is still moisture inside. I weighed and jared anyways.

Bodeva packs inā€¦
This plant had the most popcorn, so the rest of the plants will have bigger dense nugs. I will attempt to break these down into smaller buds, simply to fit them in jars. (I need more jars lol)

If 4.25 (.34 gpw) is any indication of whatā€™s to comeā€¦ I had 4 plants. Iā€™ll get ā€¦ Wait for itā€¦

About a lb.

Lol.

Anywaysā€¦ smell has faded from fruity/creamy to straight up some kind of mean smelling solvent. Hope the cure brings more of the fruity back out. Smells great as is, but iā€™d like some of the fruit to come out.

13 Likes

I got about 7 ounces off of 3 plants.

10 Likes

The results are in! I finally got around to trimming the last one up. So dry that I finally got that ā€œclean break snapā€ level of dryness on the stems.

I imagine once there is a bit of moisture back in it plant 4 will be right around 3oz. Lovin it :slight_smile:

9 Likes

You guys smashed it! Need to clean my keyboard now.

6 Likes

Sorry posted this in the wrong tester thread.

if stretch is effectively zero on all crosses, the durban poison parent is the dutch hybrid and not the pure durban?

3 Likes

I got modest stretch and heard it was Pure Durban.

2 Likes

Would you say the stretch from these matched that of Baudelaires durban cross?

2 Likes

I got ridiculous stretchā€¦ 16" at flip to 52" at chopā€¦and yea pure durbanā€¦ I dont question @LED_Seedz genesā€¦ I just grow them and say thank you lol

4 Likes
3 Likes

The Cross I had of Baudelaireā€™s was that of California Orange x Durban.

Cali-O is notorious for being a monster, so, your point?

2 Likes

I thought my point was clear based on the first question. :innocent: :smiling_imp: :joy:

Is it not reasonable to ask how much stretch should be expected of an F1 of a pure sativa hybrid?

1 Like

Well, I didnā€™t do the breeding, so I really donā€™t know the answer. I guess when our friend gets around here, maybe weā€™ll get the good word.

1 Like