Jungle Spice Dating Game

I like seeing these narrower leaf phenos coming out. I think quite are few are going to resemble the mom.

1 Like

Bro, please go down to home depot and buy some cheap organic fish fert. Your plants are making me sad. They just arenā€™t getting what they need. Theyā€™ll keep growing like that, but would be healthier with proper nutes.

4 Likes

Are you trying to bring out more sativa in the JS? Just curious as the #6 although very indica looking smoked very sativa like

1 Like

Donā€™t be sad, Meesh.
Iā€™m brewing up another tea. Much milder than the last.
What nutes are they missing? Getting plenty of nitrogen I think. Unless itā€™s locked out. Ph was OK. Will check again before tea time tomorrow.

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m trying to get the bud density down to help reduce botrytis. I found a really nice sativa expression in the F2s, and am going to use the seeds from it to make the F4s.

3 Likes

Hmm. I have made some selection FOR branching.

Not trying to dog you, they just donā€™t look healthy to me. They look heavily lacking in Nitrogen to me actually and like they need some cal/mag. Honestly, think they need a balanced fertilizer before they start flowering. Even a good dose of 10-10-10 before you flip to flower formulaā€¦ and a couple doses of kelp. Leave out the neem this time too. Doesnā€™t seem to be helping if you need DE for bugs.

1 Like

Good idea! I called my plant jungle rot. The colas were crazy dense and this plant has very little disease resistance from my experience

1 Like

Dog away! I can take it. And my plants will thank you. I will do two heavy nitrogen fertigations. We will see what THEY can take.

Lefty. Have you gotten the info you want? If I kill them, itā€™s Meeshā€™s fault.

5 Likes

Re DE. The fruit flies are coming out of my worm bin. I did a de dust and new newspaper in there today.

2 Likes

Haha! You got any popcorn? You just flipped right? First and third week hit them with some popcorn sprout tea to increase those cytokinens too. Growers tip from @Sunvalley I did this with all mine and you saw my growth.

Itā€™s like a 1/4 cup of popcorn sprout paste to 5 gallons of water

6 Likes

I have some colorful Oaxacan meal corn I grew myself a few years ago. It might sprout.
Havenā€™t flipped yet. Stepped down to 16/8 yesterday.

4 Likes

Well arenā€™t you fancy? I used some generic 88 cent bag of organic popcorn. :joy:

1 Like

Who wants to swap for 4 year old Oaxacan meal corn?

8 Likes

Getting cold here tonight

4 Likes

I think all of the F1s and most of the F2s had pretty dense buds. Fortunately, I found a really good selection in the F2s that is going to help open them up toward the Congolese side. The lower density phenos are definitely more rare in the F2sā€¦ 80/20 Iā€™d guess. Iā€™m expecting these F3s will be more like 50/50, so I think itā€™s gonna be pretty sativa leaning as F4s.

7 Likes

Too many cooks in the kitchen, and I donā€™t grow organic. @Meesh has better advice than I can give. Sheā€™s on it.

I think itā€™s gonna resolve itself anyway. JS is finicky until itā€™s well established. His mature plants look good, so I think itā€™s probably that the little ones are just locked up by VPD/watering issues. IME for the first few weeks, thereā€™s a narrow window where theyā€™re happy. Depending on how much humidity there is where you live and how well you can do environmental control, might just have to rough it out in the beginning.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s super exciting!

3 Likes

Gave them double the strength of Nitro nutes theyā€™re used to. If they are unburned through tomorrowā€™s tea I will double it again (which is full label strength.)

There is also some nitrogen in the tea. But much less than last time.

3 Likes

Get a blanketā€¦ In fact, get 20 of 'em.

2 Likes