Jungle Spice Dating Game

Ignore the white. It’s DE. I’ll wash it up in a couple days.

This node looks like it’s been bitten or fimmed. Don’t see any bug damage on anyone else. Also, the opposite node is almost an inch longer.

5 Likes

Last uppot.
R2c
G1c
B1c

Others will be used to experiment with 12/12.

4 Likes

Can anybody tell me what’s going on here? Just one plant, both leaves from the same middle node.

5 Likes

Could be burn from dripped run-off though I haven’t poured anything strong on these guys.

1 Like

I’m not really sure. It could be genetic, like a recessive popping out. I’d wait for the next set of leaves to come in, and if it doesn’t happen on those then maybe it’s something environmental.

1 Like

The only other thing I have found on-line that starts at the base of the leaf is a sulphur deficiency.

Starting to contemplate 12/12.
This will be a first for me. I did get boy flowers on girl clones with CS this summer. Took two tries and I didn’t raise them. One doesn’t harvest plants treated with CS. It would suck to turn blue. Anyway, I have not flowered and grown a plant indoors before.

Haven’t made the space yet. Will probably create an 18/6 space and keep the JS where it is, better shrouded, with shorter days. May start migrating them as they hit 12 inches.

How do you decide when to flip? Node count? Secondary, tertiary nodes? Height? Asymmetrical branching? Maybe root a mama clone first.

2 Likes

Front to back: R, B, G

R1b (middle left) was over by the heater. She was way too light when I picked her up. Heater is redirected. Swapped her spot with B1b now Right Middle.

Been bottom feeding these girls to keep the DE dry. They seem to like it.

5 Likes

Appreciating her liquid lunch.

3 Likes

I usually flip at 3-4 weeks. I like to keep them small and grow more of them for selection.

4 Likes

So maybe next week!
Everyone got a neem foliar today and a partial drench. Fruit flies be gone!

@Lefthandseeds (and anyone else who’s interested) is there anything you would like close-up pics of before the flip.

Do folks have procedures for pre flip? I know some take clones. These girls aren’t quite ready for side branch clones and Lefty wants to see structure, so no topping.

2 Likes

Put a note in my calendar to do it again next weekend.

Do I really have to do the hazmat suit the CYA booklet suggests? Did touching rooting powder cause my sudden onset excema? How nasty are these chemicals?

1 Like

Some CGxPR to keep it real.

R1b looks like she will survive her bout with dehidration.

5 Likes

They complain a lot in the beginning, but they’re resilient. They also tend to get less fussy when they get some roots spread in bigger pots. I think they like really high humidity, which is usually hard for me to maintain.

3 Likes

Yeah, the big pot kids are doing best (they’ve been selected for that, so no surprise) and the 3 inch squares are filling out. Solos are doing marginally better than the start pots.

RH is a question atm.

2 Likes

Cut away yellow leaves on these. See how they like getting trimmed.

B1c

R1c

G2c

G2b

7 Likes

Put your hand under a leaf and bounce it on your hand lightly. My guess here is the stem is sturdy but the leaf is limp or has give. Under watered.

If the stems themselves have give or are limp they are over watered.

Old gardener lady wisdom

11 Likes

Mr Blue has some new and innovative ideas about the shape of his/her leaves.

Everyone else seems mostly happy.

Except for these three casualties:

7 Likes

It looks like the reds have consistently narrower leaves from what I can tell. Does that look like the case to you?

1 Like

Red

Blue

Green

4 Likes