Just an example of the love and brotherhood at OverGrow

Funny i was just thinking about if it was possible to have a cbd dominant auto.

1 Like

@miyagi, the autos are fun plants and I like having the option to run them. For instance, I missed the time frame for getting clones ready for the next round in my perpetual system. So I just popped a few feminized ones to fill that void.

7 Likes

Yeah for sure good call! Oh yeah and how is the smoke?

1 Like

Dont forget the sisters and lady growersā€¦

No doubt about what you are saying. This is definitely the forum for me. Itā€™s like @Mr.Sparkle mentioned, I consolidated my forums down to only a few, and my intentions are to grow with this community and keep it more solidified with the information that i am putting out there.

3 Likes

The smoke was good. Not top shelf, but nobody in my smoking circle ever complained. They do tend to have a spicy or savory flavor rather than sweet and skunky IME.

5 Likes

Right on thank you ReikoX!

1 Like

And back at ya Oh Generous One. Between you and @Jellypowered, I am looking forward to doing seeds again. :sunglasses:

@toastyjakes: You know it. Iā€™ve been a member of many different groups in my nearly 64 years and this one stands out from the rest for that very reason. Most groups breakdown into, ā€œMine is better than yoursā€ crap. Not here, but ya know, stoners are a pretty mellow bunch to start withā€¦ :smile:

@miyagi: That is precisely the attitude that keeps OG growing strong. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

@ReikoX: Do you grow them complete in 12/12 like the Nevilleā€™s Haze?

2 Likes

Most of the time I grow them on a 20/4 light cycle. I have finished one or two on 12/12 before and these next couple will be 12/12 the whole way.

2 Likes

Does this improve the bud size? Seems Like it would.

I grew out some Nevilleā€™s Haze in 2003. Got 4 of 5 seeds to sprout and ran them in 12/12 all the way. I wasnā€™t much impressed, those 4 plants took up a lot of space as they got older. NH is an all sativa, so even though they took up a lot of space, the yield was pretty low because the buds were tall and skinny. I decided not to grow out the remaining 5 seeds at that time. A few years later, I had the space, but none of the 5 remaining beans popped.

Do you find you get seeds to grow faster than clones?

I havenā€™t found that feature yet. Where might I find it? I really hate running out of likes and it is beginning to happen too often. But then, I am not a ā€œregularā€ member yet, so I may not have that option.

Would that be your jersey? I see an autograph, but the photo isnā€™t large enough to read it.

Also, itā€™s a new day, I get to give out more love. I think Iā€™m almost out trying to catch up with the ones I wanted to give yesterday. Seems kind of anti-social to have a limit on the amount of posts I can like. :confused:

2 Likes

Yes, I get better yields with autos on 24/0 than 12/12 IME.

Most autos can go seed to harvest in just nine weeks.

1 Like

Then, out of curiosity, why do the next under 12/12?

Spectacular!

What strains are your autos? Do they all contain ruderalis? I canā€™t recall hearing of that type of weed before.

1 Like

I run a perpetual garden with a 150-watt vertical CMH bulb and six plants around it. Every three weeks I harvest two plants and move two plants from veg over. This round of cones in the cloner went to my brother, so I popped two feminized autoflower seeds so I donā€™t have an empty spot in flower. These ones were a cross of Crystal Candy and Big Devil XL. I have no idea what to expect, but Iā€™m sure it will be fun to watch.

The autos Iā€™m giving away are Lowryder x La Diva. They are not feminized. I also crossed the Lowryder to several other varieties, but this cross is the most tested.

I have a few untested feminized seeds I made including the seeds I just popped.

All auto flowers have the recessive trait for auto flowering. This trait is derived from ruderalis but breeders have been able to isolate that trait while still being able to select for potency and flavor/aroma. Breeding autos has come a long way.

7 Likes

Mine works the same way. What is a CMH, compact metal halide?

What kind of high do they make?

1 Like

CMH is Ceramic Metal Halide sometimes also called Light Emitting Ceramic IIRC.

3 Likes

ā€¦I wish! :hockey:

1 Like

Manual entry of a like along with thumbs up emoji = Manual Like Override.

1 Like

They are a THC variety. I would guess in the 15% THC range. A mellow high, typical of a polyhybrid.

1 Like

@ReikoX: When you are ready to give some of those seeds away, Iā€™d be very interested in receiving some. :smiley:

@Jellypowered answered the question of what a CMH is, how is it for heat?

:

Arenā€™t all ā€œlikesā€ a manual entry?

Edit: My smiley was missing a colon.

2 Likes

In a manner of speaking, but when you are out, you are out.

:wink:

1 Like