Just re potted my clones

Just moved a set over into my new 2 gallon planters. I think i made the right choice going with them, over the 3 gallon ones. Got 100 today, should last awhile. Ill give them a few days to adjust, then off to flower.

2 Likes

Anybody care to guess what else is in there? (-:

Enough to fill the rest of the pots??? lol

1 Like

About half of them, yes…lol but staggering this out. 6 a week right now. 6 harvest a week, 6 go in. Atleast thats the goal, hoping to get up to 9.

The egg cartons are assorted garden veggies, the item in the back though…mammoth sunflowers, giant watermelon, giant onion, giant maters.

1 Like

Wonderful… Just an idea, if you’ve got the possibility it may be better to re-pot to smaller pots first (they are pretty small for pot this large).

2 Likes

Nice set-up.
I use the same styro egg containers to start lots of flowers and veggies. Super easy to transplant from.
I enjoy growing sunflowers…they are very easy, and they grow very fast.

2 Likes

@HydroPower no need in my situation. Those are their final pots, from cloner to those. Wack the top off, vegg one week, put in flower chamber. Though, still undecided on which way to keep cloning with. I have now cloned so many ways, it all works, so now balancing ease, with speed and space. Just not settled on a way yet.

This is how they end up. I also take clones when the stretch sets in.

2 Likes

@Calyxander have you grown these mammoth sunflowers? Supposedly 16-20 ft tall, centers size of a kitchen table? Ill believe it when i see it, but have 20 going. About to move them into 2 gallon pots untill i can put them in the ground.

You should take cuts in veg. Its just easier and better. Hormones arnt having to swith back and forth. Are the 2l jugs for clones? What is on your walls? Looks like its causing a lot of uneven light and heat distribution.

1 Like

Don’t take this as a criticism, but now looking at your photo from finish I’m pretty sure you could benefit from longer vegging. Area could be way more crowded and pots of your size allow much bigger plants. You could increase yield very effectively and it would just cost your few additional days of 18/6.

2 Likes

I know, and used to do it in veg. I find it better, atleast for me, to do it the end of week two of flowering. They still root within a week, and then supercrop themselves. All i do, is wack them once when i put them in soil, veg 1 week, flower.

Nope, just expanded that room…and added 2 lights…lol im adding plants, not vegging longer. Its all good.

You may be right, but there is easy way to check if pots are bigger than necessary. Just look if the pot is crowded by roots when you harvest the plant.

My walls are mix mash right now. Going to get it all painted, when i decide its how i actually want it for some time…lol

I am using 2 gallon pots? I think the plant size is about right at end of flowering. And i had a huge debate withmyself on pot size. 1,2, or 3 gallon. Settled on the 2.

1 Like

@HydroPower the pots you see in flowering are larger, my bad. Thats why i stepped my pot size down to 2 gallon, and adding plants. Still learning and refining…lol

1 Like

And guys, i welcome the critism (-: its all good, this is a learning process.

Yes that confused me little bit… those 2 gallons should be optimal for soil. With coco they could be even smaller. I’m considering plants of size you’ve shown in finish.

2 Likes