Just wanted to show off my new toy

Holy shit ! I thought I was cool flying my little drone a mile and half. Thought I was so cool taking her up to 1300 feet above launch point. But damn, you smashed those numbers !

4 Likes

Did the prop snap at the end, or is it designed to do that? It looks like thereā€™s a hinge there, and obviously vulnerable during landings, so Iā€™m hoping it was meant to do that.

1 Like

Yes, designed that way. Itā€™s a folding prop. :+1:
Allows me to power off at altitude also, without the drag of the prop.

3 Likes

Offtopic removed.
Please this topic is not for anyone to judge OP based on some internet ā€œevidenceā€. Thanks.

4 Likes

I would get nice and toasted and rip some crazy little planeā€¦do a bunch of loops and all thisā€¦very cool!!!

2 Likes

That looks like so much fun awesome video

1 Like

@Tappy Here ya go. :+1:. This was my maiden flight with this.
https://youtu.be/dPrzZwo3O3o

4 Likes

Bahahahahahahaaaaa!!! Totally, right!!! Awesome!!!

2 Likes

A guerrilla growers dream. Need night vision. Very Kool man!

:cowboy_hat_face::mask::chile:

2 Likes

Thats wY cool now it gets me to thinking a im in florida kinda live in a swampy tropical like area a great nig bag of reg mexican brown seeds dropped in my area and they would prolly.be leftb alone mother nature would take her course

3 Likes

Thats awesome :grin: I was always to scared to try planes stuck with the cars. Been meaning to get them back out soon( though probably not till spring now) though I have been trying to find out more on a copter that a friend gave me a while back.

1 Like

You have some mad skills! Do you have a preference for electric or fuel aircraft?

1 Like

This should give some people a heart attack.

3 Likes

Back in the day it was all nitro fuel. Now a days, I prefer electric. Way more power. Though flying my bigger 2 stroke gas stuff ranks right up thereā€¦hahaha

2 Likes

An entire LR flight.

4 Likes

That landing gave me a rush just watching it!

3 Likes

This is awesome! I thought you were scooping stuff outta the train car! Lol

3 Likes

Didnt watch the full 3 and a half hours, skipped around a bit but watched the last 30 minutes uninterrupted. Took me a bit to figure out your telemetry setup. Very cool video and toy. Did you say your homemade drone has a 8 foot wingspan ?! WTF ! I am guessing your are not in the US, the FAA has a 400 ft (above takeoff) elevation limit for most UAV. Not that I havent broke that many times. lol. We also are not legally supposed to fly beyond line of sight, which I find a bit of a joke, especially for me since my drone is not much larger than the size of the palm of my hand and it can fly about 2 miles away. Manufacturer has a limit of 1500 ft above launch point elevation. It wont go higher without being modded.

1 Like

Asking if this is in the US because of the laws is a bit odd. Thatā€™s like asking if anyone who grows in here is in the US, because of the lawā€¦you know, the federal law everyone is breaking?

I fly all open source hardware. No limitations.

3 Likes

Looks great from up there. love the horse grounds crew lol

1 Like