JustBlazin's blumat organic grow

Hello all

I’m new to the OG, been a member at icmag, rollitup for a long time. Got some journals over at rollitup.

Been growing for almost 15 years. Switched to organic about 3-4 years ago and started using blumats almost 2 years ago. I used to use 2 x 600 hps for about 10 years and just switched to a 650 watt LED for flower, I’ve got 1 crop under the LED and I liked it. Having some issues with my plants in veg under LED though.

Got a few keepers I’ve collected over the years mostly from Cannarado that I’ll be running some clones of this round. They just came out of the dome the other day. Also running 3 Cannarado London pound cake 75 S1 for the first time. Hopefully find a nice one.

From Cannarado

One night stand
Sundae driver bx
Doho x pyxy styx
Doho x wedding cake

Ethos gentics

Cherry garseeya

Esos Seeds

Twinkle tarts

I’ll update with some pics soon.

33 Likes

Hey and welcome to OG @Justblazin ! I also love the soil + blumats setup. I run a a couple 300 watt LED’s. Do you run full power for veg? My plants seem to respond well to starting out at ~50% power that I increase up to 100 over the course of veg. I don’t always get that specific depending on what else is going on, but they seem to like it best when I do.

4 Likes

Hey @catapult thanks for the welcome
I think I have it at just under 50%. Seems like my taller older plants are suffering and my 3 newer smaller plants seem to be looking healthy.
But I noticed on the effected plants it was mostly the highest growth closest to the light so I turned the light down a bit. I am probably just going to scrap the older plants anyways, was just waiting for the clones to take root and thrive before I scrap them so I don’t loose any keepers.
Might take some ppf reading with my pulse and just get them in range and hope for the best.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s funny I got a similar thing happening atm. I recently popped a bunch of seeds that are all thrilled, but also have some clones and mothers that I had in stasis under low powered lights for a while 18/6. When I put them under my actual grow lights they got triggered into a re-veg. Which throws off their hormones and now about a month later they’re finally starting to calm down and get back to normal. There’s always something fun to sort out. Happy growingz!

3 Likes

Welcome to OG! Big fan of Blumats myself. They can take a bit to dial in but once you get them going it’s smooth sailing! Especially in soil. I used them last summer with great results and have been experimenting indoors this season.

Anyway, best of luck w your grow. Looking forward to some pics!

2 Likes

Thanks for the welcome
Yes they are a little tricky to dial in sometimes but once you got them set up proper they ROCK!!!
I find piece of mind in having a pond liner big enough to hold my res on the floor of my tent just in case.
I’ve seen alot of people also have good luck with blumats and coco.

2 Likes

Just put my clones in 2 gallon pots and hooked up my blumats yesterday.
Was thinking about putting 3 bigger plants in the back row I have in veg or 4 more clones like these. The bigger plants are looking a little rough in my veg tent so unsure about using them or the clones

15 Likes

Welcome @Justblazin good to have you here :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Didn’t you run Lem’s blueberry bx3 or 4? I’m sure I seen you over at NW47.

1 Like

Yes I ran a whole pack of the bx3, how you remember?
Unfortunately didn’t find a Blueberry keeper out of the 4 females I had. Most plants were super frosty but lacked the Blueberry terps I was looking for.
I saw he released the bx4 recently.
You over on his discord?

3 Likes

I stop by from time to time, I ran 2 packs of the bx3, lucky enough to find 1 with really good blueberry terps, high potency, sativa leaner, I was more than a little disappointed at the frequency of blueberry terps because none of the others had any at all, but the one I found was magnificent. Still sitting on 2 packs for a rainy day :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’m envious to say the least, definitely had a real nice sativa leaner that was super resinous if it had the Blueberry terps it would have been a real winner.

1 Like

I lost that one, but not before I crossed it with an AK bean brains blueberry muffin x vintage blueberry male, those lines have a very high frequency of blueberry, the best I’ve found, I call them Blueberry Quest f1, the first wave is running now, I hope that they are good :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Oh that stinks you lost it, but at least you got to cross with it.
Oh snap that sounds tasty. Hope you find some real winners.
You over at roll it up? I seem to remember a member mentioning this scenario

1 Like

Ya that’s me, before I came here. And I didn’t actually lose it, I had to get rid of it because of plant count x crazy X-wife

5 Likes

this place is much better than roll it up, not a bunch of trolls annoying everyone, over there if you are a really good grower you can be the biggest troll on the site.

I hear you about the plant counts, I’ve had to axe quite a few real nice plants due to the stupid canadian 4 plant count. Now I got my license for almost 100 which is way more than I’ll ever grow but sometimes I like to do pheno hunts with 20-30 plants, plus clones and I figured 100 would be enough.
You in Canada?

5 Likes

Awwww yeah. Organics! What kinda soil and feedings are ya doing?

2 Likes

Not in Canada, U.S., but I did send some of those Blueberry seeds to the Canadian distributor Dougdawson, he may hook you up if you asked him nicely :sunglasses: @DougDawson , hey bud, could you help us out and maybe get @Justblazin a pack of those Blueberry Quest please? :pray: I’d really appreciate it :pray:

3 Likes

I’m pretty lazy so I just mix pro mix with Gaia green 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 , also add some neem meal, crushed oyster shell, ground oyster shell, dolomite lime , malted barley , Insect frass. Let it cook. Then top dress with 444/284 through flower every couple weeks.

Been using same soil for around 2 years, now I just reamend after each round with half original amendments.

I use just tap water and a couple times a grow I’ll give them Neptune fish and seaweed

And that’s about it once I get the blumats set up right it’s just full the res with tap water and top dress every few weeks.

4 Likes

I know Doug is super busy, if he can’t do it, I will, if you’d like them, I’d just like to avoid more international shipping.

1 Like