Kailash (Chem D x Snow Lotus) Bodhi Seeds

That sounds even better! I like letting my stuff get a little dry before I water again. And this sounds like you could go slightly longer by waiting for the reservoir to dry out. My concern is the long winded Oaxaca I’ve got going outside that I wanted to plant into something large. We get strong drying winds plus 110+ degree summers and don’t wanna be a slave to my water hose or rain buckets. Thanks again :man_dancing: :+1:

3 Likes

Probably worth noting that the overall plant size and different genetics will drink at different rates. When I had two gigantic tomato plants in one of these on the patio last summer I was having to fill the res every 2-3 days. It probably goes without saying, but I just figured I should reiterate, a week in between waterings might not be the normal average depending on all that

2 Likes

Well, I was just in fabric pots so I know this is gonna extend my watering times no matter what which is a major plus for me. I guess I shouldn’t complain since I work from home right now and can just go outside and water. But when the pressure starts to mount while working, it feels like an eternity spending any amount of time away from my desk and outside watering.

4 Likes

I know the feeling. I’m WFH too and it’s too hard to not try to slip garden chores into your day

3 Likes

Just be aware, SIPs are so badass that your plant will RAGE in them. I’d think twice about large sativas. I put a metal haze in an Earthbox and it outgrew my tent by a lot. Like A LOT. I finally culled it like 6 weeks into flower because it kept stretching and wouldn’t stop.

5 Likes

Aewsome, welcome to the SIP squad @HumblePie420! Everything @LegsMahoney has said above I will secondeded. If you haven’t already, check out our boy @CrunchBerries thread here

lots to digest in there so grab some coffee and a pinch off a temple ball

4 Likes

Naw keep that temple ball around. Gonna need more than a pinch for that thread. It’s a great one!

3 Likes

I use a piece of bamboo marked at the max fill line to check water level. Super quick and accurate.

Welcome to club bub @HumblePie420 SIPs are the way, the truth, and the light! Ha!

5 Likes

So simple and friggin smart! Thank you @CrunchBerries ! Can’t wait to get these things going.

2 Likes

I’m about to start to read this thread. Big time thanks @BeagleZ !
Damn, temple ball?!! Someday I’ll make one of those bad boys

2 Likes

These bad boys and girls are growing outside in the California sun my man so all good! I want a huge tree of weed

4 Likes

Grip it and rip it brotha!!!

I’m chopping my sips tonight. Day 67f. 4x8 with only 4 Earthboxes.

12 Likes

I’m reading the other thread about making your own SIP. A whole new world has just opened up to me!

3 Likes

I’m running some diy 10 gal sips for the second time now. Love them! I can only really access the door and maybe one other side of my tent. EBs get heavy, so these 10gals make it easy to pick them up and out of the tent to inspect.

If your OD you could make some 30gals or there is a company that makes premade 31gals that I just found and there are links to toward the bottom of the thread.

4 Likes

I found it! Damn, I just might have to grab one of those big bad boys…but I’ll run my 2 Earthboxes first to get the hang of 'em.

3 Likes

I’ve been perfectly happy with mine indoors. I will be trying an auto outdoors maybe, and really want to put sungold tomatoes in one.

Ok I feel like we are teetering on hijacking this thread with our SIP talk.

3 Likes

No hijacking at all, love the banter!

5 Likes

Pulled the bags this morning off the pollinated branches:

I was unsure as to the success of the pollination when I pulled the bags as the pistils didn’t really look too receded, but over the course of the day the color on them has gotten darker, so I’m hopeful that we have successful pollination. I’ll update at some point this weekend to hopefully confirm or deny. :heart::heart::v:t2:

12 Likes

Morning my friends. Back on the boil here in the green mountains! Gonna be a beautiful day here, hope you’re all well :heart::v:t2:

13 Likes

Also, I don’t know if it translates in the photos but I’m pretty sure that the pollen took, the branches that got hit are noticeably more brown than the other branches, albeit not really shriveled or receded yet:

pollinated:

Unpollinated:

Edit: the color looks the same in those photos, but take my word that it’s more brown :joy: 🤷🏻

12 Likes