Kalgrae grows stuff from Overgrow and others

Hey @Kalgrae that’s a good germ ratio so far , I’ll be following this thread mate… :popcorn:
Speak soon bro ,
Gaz

1 Like

@TropicalBiophile we won’t discount them yet. I have high hopes for them. Probably just slow to start like @GreenCaciqueHawaii says. Actually they need to do something because they have a really nice sunny plot outside where they can reach for the sun. Only they will be allowed to grow there. Maybe a Neville’s skunk if nothing happens.

4 Likes

I’ll have to crack some just to check them out, I’m just wondering the seeds came in two different containers and I was wondering if they were from different batches perhaps? I did notice that when I counted the seeds in container 1 that some seemed to be cracked when I rolled them in my fingers but those in container 2 did not seem to have as many like that… Was one container from a different batch that was maybe bricked? And therefore crushed some of the seeds? Just asking because I did notice that container 2 seemed to have no seeds that would crack while rolling in my fingers…:slight_smile:

Couple were cracked and others, solid. The 5 that went in were healthy looking. It’s not unheard of for seeds to take extra long to sprout. Staying positive with no doubt these will do something.

4 Likes

I’m gonna go ahead and drop 5 in some paper towels just to see if mine sprout… They looked healthy though I hope they were not irradiated… I will post back in the next couple days as to the outcome…

4 Likes

Attention OG: Space Available

9 Likes

That would crack a seed for sure…

2 Likes

Had to scramble yesterday and re-set up the ol cabinet. Hadn’t transplanted the Hurkle or C99xRomberry. Freaked me out because I’m realy looking forward to having more Hurkle around. It’s now a lil veg chamber. Will connect the fan and put a real door back on it today/night. So two are outside now that didn’t have space to stay. One Neville’s Skunk and a original BC MangoXNightNurse will meet the sun this morning for their first time.

Cheers

11 Likes

I am definitely going to enjoy watching this, that is a sweet little nursery with all the different strains lined up and labeled. :+1:

3 Likes

Hey @Kalgrae, Have none of your ‘the black’ seeds germed… Has any one else germed any , do you know.?
Nice big selection there and hopefully you’ll have my seeds soon mate…
how many plants are you allowed outdoors in Cali .?

Talk soon mate
Gaz

3 Likes

Hey @Gaz29 you’re right. None of the Columbian popped. One did start but it dried out in the rock wool cube. I was going to start some more but not until I’m back home. Two of the blue lotus didn’t pop either. Then lost two to damping off but forget which ones. Then moved the two that went outside back in.

The box has great airflow but the garage it’s in gets really hot without the back door open so for the last few nights I’m nervous that everything is dead. Basically I overwatered everything and closed the door. Still won’t be home for another 12-13 hours. They’re weeds so they should be fine. :crossed_fingers:

Took this before I left so I’d have something to get emotional about beside wedding love.

I add a clover mix into the soil when repotting to help with oxygen in the root zone. The issue is the clover mix will drink up a lot of the water so trimming them is necessary.

12 Likes

Pick cha time. Loosing a Hurkle but the remaining are doing their thing.

Up potted then put this one outside. No bad attitudes in the box.

Cheers OG

11 Likes

Hi OG. Hope everyone is having a nice week. I am.
Life has been busy and hectic last month or so. Yesterday, I loaded 35 of 37 babies into my backseat and drove them to Northern California where I’ll be spending the next several months…indefinitely.

Due to timing and not being home I moved everything outside. Weather was forecast to be cloudy and overcast. I left early that morning and returned to full blazing sun. Here’s some sunburned/bleached examples.

This little guy is horny. Diesel moonshine.

Lemon tree clones. Even though the mom herm’d I’m giving her a second chance.

Thanks for stopping in. Cheers

14 Likes

Good luck with the indoor to outdoor & potential life transitions.

My volunteer tomato is still having a devil of a time with sunburn after 3+ weeks outside.

Never trust a weatherman, lol.

4 Likes

I’m watching a lot of my store-bought ornamental plants struggling with shock from going outside. I think a lot of it is UV-shock, in most greenhouses & indoors there is no UV light and then they go to 100% outdoors & freak out. Just a theory.

hope the move to Northern CA works out

5 Likes

It is real.

The plants veg with the light amounts “calculated” in.

Sunscreen is expensive to make, and they don’t over-produce.

3 Likes

We have a grip of commercial nurseries in surrounding towns that sell to Home Depot’s and the likes. When you drive by the smell of fertilizer is definitely present. Seems like all the ornamentals/potted plants we’ve ever gotten from those big box stores are extremely happy until a couple weeks later when the fertilizer has been washed away then they start dying. Last couple plants we got we repotted instantly, placed in broken sun/shade and they’re still hanging on.

I’m pretty sure they were completely shocked going from a consistent 75-80F under six 2’ t5s to full sun with same temps. This morning they are all happy. Luckily my parents are taking care of them until I get settled in up here and have a space ready. Most likely let them sex and veg outdoors, than pull mom clones in a couple months. It will work out.

:scorpion:

6 Likes

Nor cal, congratulations on the move.
A lot closer to my stomping grounds.
Are you staying permanently?
Looks like everyone survived the trip.
Good hunting.

2 Likes

That’s exactly right the fertilizer doesn’t hold in the soil matrix very well has to do with charges associated with the chemical, ya you can get some with time-release granules and that helps to a certain degree but will eventually give out also! It’s said only a small fraction of ferts people put in their lawns gets to the plant the rest is washed away with rain and irrigation into major waterways causing huge problems in the gulf areas!

1 Like

Sad. After decent rains, news casters suggest staying out of the ocean for at least 72 hours in so cal. The ocean turns a pukey brown/green color and a layer of stinky foam floats on the surface for a couple days. All from run-off. We’re all messed up😜.

2 Likes