Kashmir Crowdsource Testing

Yeah, that plant is fucking awesome.

7 Likes

All 3 of mine were like that. I want to grow it again inside maybe, or in the ground next time if I do it outside. Mine got root bound fast.

5 Likes

I agree on the rootbound issue.

17 Likes

48F. Buds are fattening up, pistils are getting darker. Just started adding soapnut powder as a wetting agent to my water. Be curious to see if it makes any difference in water retention, plant health. Its been smooth sailing with these girls. Glad I have clones of these both and the boy that got the chop, along with the rest of the pack to go through.

AK#3

AK#4

22 Likes

Its been a little while . been a lil busy. They are really fattening up tho.
Cheers

20 Likes

They look so big and happy outside.

3 Likes

forced us to bring it all in Sunday

16 Likes

I hate those motherf**kers

8 Likes

Is that a kashmir?

3 Likes

No afraid not a couple of elaquamista

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:…. Lol. :sweat_smile:

Sucks to hear about the caterpillars. Looks like a decent harvest, despite. They went to town on one of my collard greens. Stripped it down to the veins

4 Likes

@khaoohs what kind of dollies are your plants on? That looks like good idea easier to move to inspect and trim.

2 Likes

I have the fabric pots on a plant saucer, that sits on top of this.

May not be this exact set, but i’m sure it’s from the same factory in China, they look identical.

They make it very easy to roll my 3-to-7 gallon pots on a concrete floor. Any bigger than 7, i think you’d need a bigger caddy. These are around 10-11" across.

6 Likes

Nice thanks plus it’ll get me up off the concrete I can get rid of the pallet I’m currently using maybe paint me floor white should be a lot cleaner

2 Likes

You guys grow collards way up there? Man, that’s soul food down south. I’m about ready to cook some of those up. I have some canned collards that actually are good. Too bad the worms ate yours.

3 Likes

They only got one of them. The shaded one, who never really hit her stride. I’ve a few.

The thing that boggles me is they survive the cold, no problem. If it’s a particularly uneventful winter, the leaves won’t even die.

I think Kale would be a little more traditional, but it’s a big Cape Verdean thing. Caldo Verde, specifically. It’s Kale Soup, using Portuguese sausage called Linguica, and then a ton of garlic, and whole potatoes. When it’s done you half-ass mash the potatoes, so it helps thicken the soup almost to a stew consistency. Omg.
https://www.oliviascuisine.com/caldo-verde/
The bacon and chicken broth is not really traditional, but this recipe is on point. Personally, I’d add a couple Tabasco peppers, and triple the Garlic.

8 Likes

That looks good, recipe saved.

2 Likes

Update of tangential interest on the AsKashXGMO I mentioned a while back.

So the fasciated stem divided into two stems each branching like a main, almost like it was topped.

Another odd growth - a pair of branches and fans emerging from basically the same spot.

She’ll have to veg for an additional month-ish until another project finishes, so I’ll just let her do her thing for the time being (fun to watch, I have to say). A lot will have to be pruned when it comes to flowering though, if she packs on the bud anything like her mom does I’d end up with a soccer ball-sized cola on top that’s bound to rot.

…and just realizing I didn’t take a pic of the whole top - I’ll add one later.

11 Likes

Clone of the faster flowering azad roughly 4 weeks in .

17 Likes

56F. It’s like they’re on auto-pilot.

20 Likes