Kasper’s Pollen Chucks

Sunflowers and bees

9 Likes

48 days of 12/12 on the sugar belts crosses. Still pretty clear on the trichs.

17 Likes

Big ass horse fly on the sunflower.

10 Likes

Have a mite problem in the greenhouse so moved the plants to the garden where we will see if they get wiped. It’s about flowering time outside here so the solar chicken is deactivated. :crossed_fingers:

We will see how the reveg went on these. The diesel never did reveg and is eating some leaves.

9 Likes

Dream Blush 3 tho lookin good minus the mites.

And this is Dream Blush 2

11 Likes

Do you plan to apply anything for the mites?

2 Likes

Covered them with neem pretty good so the rest should be handled I’m hoping :crossed_fingers:in the garden.

2 Likes

Didn’t realize my marigold was dying because of mites. Once it was gone they went for the cannabis. Now I notice the webbing on the marigold. Live and learn. You can see that marigold in the bottom left of the DB#3 pot.
Only DB 2 and 3 had significant signs. The diesel seems untouched and the two DB #1 have been outside and no signs of mites.
Will be a nice expirament anyways. Can the garden clean the plants or will the mites take over the garden?

5 Likes

My garden life seems to keep mites in check very well. Things I bring in are likely to then get a bad spider mite outbreak, so I know they’re out there, but anything I put out covered in mites quickly improves. I’ve never tried it with the cannabis though, I’m not allowed to have those outside. Hope it works well for you!

3 Likes

More pics of the damage.

6 Likes

I’d imagine these Dolichopodidae alone would take care of them.

Was trying to get one in the light. They are shiny and beautiful

3 Likes

Is there anything, like lady bugs for instance, you can “release” in your greenhouse that’d help out?

That horse fly could carry off that massive sunflower, lol

3 Likes

Should be plenty of predators in the garden all ready. When that fly took off it sounded like an airplane. :rofl:

Oh sorry @luxton ya greenhouse has no predators but I’m not really sure about releasing them in there as it’s really hot currently.

2 Likes

Also the greenhouse is a problem for me as it’s still pretty much a shed with junk and weeds growing in it. That is the next household project tho. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Also cute little lizard.

Probably will be a chicken snack before long

8 Likes

That’s what I was hoping :+1:. I agree it’s super risky to bring outside plants into the house. I got really lucky with the sugar belts but I wouldn’t dream now of trying to flower one of these in the tent. It would absolutely probably most likely be a disaster. :rofl:

3 Likes

This is the only way I’ve seen it. Once you see significant presence, nothing passive will stop them.

2 Likes

Taking a real hard stance there, eh? :rofl:

That lil lizard is cool :blush::ok_hand:… We have invasive ones here, but they’re not nearly that cute, lol

2 Likes

Those sugar belts are looking so tasty really wish I was close to some you guys so I could see in person

2 Likes

Sunflower seeds.

11 Likes