Kasper’s Pollen Chucks

Mine hasn’t opened yet, it’s getting pretty tall though, that’s a about a 2m/6’ 6"ish edge on the shed it’s leaning up against :grin:

7 Likes

Getting tall!!

2 Likes

When I’m down next I’ll try to get a measurement on it :grin:

2 Likes

Sugar belts crosses wrapping up. Day 52 of 12/12.

19 Likes

Dang! Frosty!

What do they smell like?

4 Likes

Up front is very very sweet like candy and fruit. Back right is very mellow and Mango ever so slightly sweet. Back left is funky fruit but not sweet at all. A little rotten smelling.

7 Likes

Darn mouse!! :rofl:

9 Likes

Maaaan looking sooo good!! How long do you think you’ll take the??

By the way, I got a pic :grin:

The head still hasn’t opened, but I’ve found at least 3… do sunflowers typically have more than 1 big flower??

4 Likes

Oh no!! Hmmm, I may have to back ya up with seeds for a “grow off” next summer, lol… Hopefully we don’t have the same problem (although it’s usually rats here).

2 Likes

At least yours got to bloom! Mine never made it past a foot tall. I gave up on them this year.

4 Likes

Its not my year for sunflowers either :laughing:

7 Likes

I was surprised to see multiple large flowers on one, and one with one large flower and multiple small. Could be a rat I really can’t tell a difference. I know I’ve killed about 4 big ones, this one is small tho so not sure.

3 Likes

Your strawberries lookin good tho. :grin:

2 Likes

I’m thinking around a week and they should be done. Then it’s Deam Blush reversal attempt time. :+1:

2 Likes

Outside garden. There is a big ass beautiful furry bumble bee that just does not like to bee photographed. I’ll get him soon

Last sunflower getting ready to bloom.

12 Likes

It was an awesome year for our june-bearing strawberries! We got an absurd amount. I also put in some new kinds and those gave a few delicious fruits. It’s so funny to see the strawberries deliriously happy in the same soil the sunflowers are super stunted in. If I ever doubted plants need different things, I wouldn’t now :wink:

4 Likes

This is the first year with my strawberries, but they put out massive amounts of runners so next year should be good. Started with 4 each of 2 different kinds. I may keep adding different kinds yearly because why not. :grin: love strawberries.

2 Likes

Me too! I’ve got different types in several places in the yard :smiley:

2 Likes

Laugh it off, and keep going!

2 Likes

So, what about strawberries growing in the same media as canna? Do they compete for nutes too much?

I really want to throw a couple strawberry plants in my tent, but I guess it’d be bad if they’re going to compete…

1 Like