Kasper’s Pollen Chucks

Not sure but I believe they are a shallow root

Captured a pic of a soldier fly adult. Their larvae eat kitchen scraps as fast as we can produce it.

They have no mouths, their only job is mating and laying more eggs. They live only a couple days.

4 Likes

The big thing with indoor strawberries is getting them to produce. And yeah, like @Kasper0909 said, mine are all shallow, mainly fibrous root systems with often a small tap root. I doubt they’d compete, but I read up a bit a while back and decided it was going to be way too much trouble. Basil and lettuce could be really easy and economically worthwhile crops to add.

2 Likes

Too much trouble? Manually pollenating? Or is there something I’m not thinking of?

1 Like

Proper conditions to induce flowering for whichever kind, and perfect nutrition to make the berries, and proper temp to ripen them, plus yeah some need manual pollination. Too much work, too much space taken for too long vs the amount of potential produce. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hmm, I have a LOT to learn, lol

Thank you :blush::blush::blush::metal::metal::metal:

2 Likes

Ya also when your cannabis plant is done you still have strawberries growing.

2 Likes

In my setup, that’d be ok… As long as the strawberries would be happy in 12/12… Yet more for me to learn, lol

1 Like

I don’t think they are photo like sunflowers and cannabis.

1 Like

Actually they are photo period so 12/12 wouldn’t work

2 Likes

Oh… Crap… Maybe in my auto zone then, lol

1 Like

I have 5 laying boxes for the 7 chickens yet they all lay in the same box. :man_shrugging:

This was the only day I’ve seen 7 usually 6,5, or 4

11 Likes

Easy collecting though!

3 Likes

Sugar belts crosses by @Ottafish 55 days of 12/12

Thinking it’s chop time.

25 Likes

Looks soooo good man!!! Very nicely done :metal::metal:

2 Likes

Yeah man they look great! I wish I could smell the finished product. I look foreward to hearing how they turn out.

4 Likes

Always looking :eyes: good bro :sunglasses:, I got some of those sugar belts from @Ottafish and really need to run them. I just put my 2 new HLG blackbird fixtures up and need to get something going on inside. :ok_hand::wink::facepunch::+1::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Just stopping in bro hope all is well !

3 Likes

Don’t sleep on those! Those Blackbirds are badass. I have a few Rspecs I’ve been very happy with. I believe they all have the Samsung diodes in the lights which are supposed to be the best.

1 Like

Apparently they are pretty stinky. My tent is in my room so I am probably nose blind, but people in the house keeps commenting on their smells. My fave is the back left. It has a super rotten funky smell. Upfront is like sweet tarts sweetness candy. Back right is more mellow fruity. My hands and arms are so sticky pre trimming. Tried to take some good pics but came out blurry on some…

Final pics.

15 Likes