Kids in the grow

So I’m curious on how many let there children help out in there grow. My kids are still young they know there a grow room in the house and I let them help mix up soil but they couldn’t tell you the difference between a cannabis plant and a cactus. my oldest shows a lot of interest in gardening and wants to help me “grow things” as she says. It has had me thinking and I don’t see anything wrong with it. I’d rather them to think of it as a plant then as a drug if that makes sense. With more states going recreational and the pot stigma fading I’m curious of other opinion on this topic

19 Likes

Not at all. He can come into the room and stuff when I’m working for work or we are 3d printing something and the tents are closed up. He’s come in a few times but seeing plants in the house is no big deal, we have plants everywhere. Once legalized that’d be a different story. He does help us out in the vegetable and flower gardens.

9 Likes

So I mean I dont have kids but to me Id view anything beyond basically initially planting in the same vein as asking a kid to make a cocktail or get you a beer.

5 Likes

I think we are all too biased to answer this question.

6 Likes

That’s the point, the get a bunch of different perspectives. Even though we all grow, I’m sure we all have different parenting styles, legalities, etc etc.

6 Likes

Yyes. and the bulk majority of us will have the same perspective.
just my assumption. i could be wrong i very often am.
edit- all im saying is he is not asking the folks at https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/#b

3 Likes

Funny story…. My dad taught me to make margaritas at 10 years old so he didn’t have to anymore. Every day at 4:45 I’d make a batch for when dad got home at 5.

15 Likes

Yea I mean its not necessarily a no but id say it heavily depends.

3 Likes

I would help my dad in the grow room when I was a kid.

19 Likes

Out of likes.

3 Likes

That was back in the 80’s, it was a different time then. Use to go into stores for his smokes too.

5 Likes

Do you remember at what age you started? I’m not opposed to it, just not at his current age.

4 Likes

My dad would always tell me to grab him one of his waters outta the fridge… Tecate. haha I loved those days. All us kids even the neighbor kids would race to the fridge to get our dad’s their beers. Different times… awesome times haha

I don’t see any problem with kids in the garden. I think them showing interest in growing is awesome.

13 Likes

I was around 5.
He gave me some cool sunglasses to wear in the room. :laughing:
I thought it was so cool, it was like a jungle.
I loved getting to water the plants.

9 Likes

That’s awesome. My sons a little younger than that right now. That’s an awesome memory to have.

2 Likes

He has a fine taste in water. :wink:

3 Likes

If you’re in a non-legal country I’d think about them talking about it in school.
You can tell them not to tell anyone but still they’re kids…
In a moment of enthousiasm they can let things slip.

15 Likes

And that’s why you tell them you grow flowers. It’s technically correct, and technically correct is the best form of correct. :smiley:

5 Likes

I mean… gonna be honest if someone told me they were growing flowers when there is 4 feet of snow outside id probably get pretty suspicious still just something to think about

5 Likes

If the kids come check it out I’m good with that. I explain to them what it is and once it get to a certain point they can’t be handling them. I like to talk and the plants with them, get them to smell them and to share my excitement for the plants. I also do this with out gardens as well ans get them to pick a area that can plant anything they want and it’s there’s.

Just something so we can spend more time together as they arnt getting any younger and these times will disappear so make the most of time with them now

6 Likes