KingGhidora's 2x4x5ft tent grow/5x solstrips (now 8x). From scratch!

Day 39F (approx) … 9-10 week flowering time on both strains from what I’ve read on the strains so I am a bit over half way there! I am definitely lovin’ the Sol Strips. If you are putting together a cabinet or tent or whatever today then they are what I’d go with - or some other board using LM561C’s.

5 Likes

Day 43F - Or close to it!

Starting to get into later part of flowering and it has me starting to count days! :grin:

Tangie

… and a lower Tangie - the frost came out pretty well in this pic. My phone’s camera doesn’t do them justice!

Anyone recommend a decent DSLR camera that isn’t super expensive?

Garden shot

And here is the smaller Blueberry that hasn’t had as much love…

She didn’t stretch like the other one and has been slower developing for some reason? She is starting to come along though at her pace.

:dragon_face: :v:

11 Likes

Depends what you consider expensive! This isn’t a bad little dslr for the money, but is definitely starter tier

1 Like

Yes that definitely qualifies… I’m thinking < $300.

1 Like

Oh word okay, for below $300 you could definitely get a nice starter camera. I would research local electronic stores like, Best Buy usually has some good deals last I checked. A lot of places you can get last years model on sale through their website and get a better camera for a lower price. Main suggestions would be Nikon, Canon, and Sony first off because there’s a reason they are well known brands. Upper tier if you ever get that into it, would be like Olympus and nicer models of Nikon etc. Not an expert so hopefully others chime in, but had a lot of friends major in photography so I have a general idea

1 Like

Fujifilm Finepix

http://a.co/fpxCFCW

Takes plenty of good shots and will give you that DSLR feel.

4 Likes

I second fuji, sod sony they are pretty much bankrupt and trading on past success
they have more incentives to cut corners IMO

2 Likes

Ahh yes, I forgot about Fuji! They are a great company as well. For all of these cameras the big thing in my opinion is really knowing how to use it. Once you figure out all the extra features, editing, and a good shooting style. Any camera can be that camera you know? Just a matter of practice and patience

1 Like

I’ll probably get a DSLR camera one day, but for now the Samsung S9+ camera with a few tweaks in photoshop is working out for me right now.

3 Likes

Still smokin’

So here we are…

So round about day 50F.

Everything is running a long quite nicely. I’ve been having great success with the LITFA! Only the name brand stuff though from @ReikoX!

Wanna see some pics?

That Tangie girl for your viewing pleasure…

Starting to get a good bit of orange hairs on the lowers, and just a few on the mains…

The Blueberry girls… the colas on the back one are about 20oz bottle size and getting bigger still.

I think the Blueberries are a bit behind the Tangie. Especially the smaller Blueberry. I expect they may stay up a bit longer than the Tangie.

And of course, the post wouldn’t be complete without the entire garden shot!

Watermarks

For those of you who noticed - I figured out how to batch process images to add watermarks in Photoshop. Fun!

Misc.

So I am getting closer and closer to harvest time… I have been considering different drying and curing methods - I’d like to hear what everyone’s preferred method is.

That’s all for now - cya next time!

12 Likes

I forgot to tell you, those blueberry seeds came with a 10% tax on your harvest

6 Likes

Sure! There is just a small S&H fee. Oh and trim fee, and …processing. Can’t forget that! Oh also …:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

^^^^^ manual like override for @KingGhidora And @ReikoX that made me laugh so loud my old lady gave me the stink eye, she watching her shows. . . @KingGhidora I don’t know why the hell your thread wasn’t changed to watching but I’ve got that fixed now bro. . . Looking spec-fucking-tacular! My 5x7 friend :wink:

1 Like

Just some pics (Day 52F or so)

Decided to take some pics with the SolStrips off.

What a difference turning out the light makes for pics!

15 Likes

That is amazing man. Looking great!

1 Like

DAMN! My padawan will soon best the master… Dude i’m so glad ya came in the discord and let us help ya get up and going. Looking FANTASTIC and you going to have some trim jail sooner than you want.

Lookin good in there for sure!

RE: the watermarks… I use a program called FastStone Photo Resizer. I also use it to downsize my images to 1600x1200 (batch mode too)

Works pretty good.

4 Likes

have to agree with jelly your killing it.

as for resizing photos i use a hand shell program called “image resizer for windows”

https://www.bricelam.net/ImageResizer/

Should be adding watermarks though as we know some sites “growweedeasy” likes to steal

3 Likes

Lets just call it unanimous that you are killing it, watching this grow re-affirms why I am a proud member of Overgrow.

From advice and camaraderie, exchanges in experience and team spirit, it is all in this grow.

Very Happy Days

10 Likes

Awww shucks guys, now you’re making me blush! :blush:

I’ve got a batch action set up in Adobe Photoshop to add the watermark. Batch resizing is going to be a little more of a problem because I have pics done in portrait and landscape. I’ll have to separate them first I reckon. Although, … why are we resizing?

Thanks for all your guys help! @Jellypowered @Mr.Sparkle @Pedro_Bann and the rest of the Discord gang!

7 Likes

Have you looked into cob curing?

1 Like