KingGhidora's 2x4x5ft tent grow/5x solstrips (now 8x). From scratch!

I have heard of it but I haven’t really dug into it. Can you explain/point me to some good resources?

1 Like

Of course buddy . . . This is where I read about it. . . Unfortunate author but it’s a good read!

2 Likes

Interesting, the higher thc if true and measured credibly as its wouldn’t be producing any more once cut i would say is due to thca conversion possibly but don’t know if that’s possible under fermentation. Smell and taste would definitely be changed.

Something to try i guess if you have wrappers and a food vac on hand.

4 Likes

I cannot explain why my results came out the way they did, but the difference is larger than the measurement accuracy. Yes those are MY results. I haven’t done any other COBs since then. Maybe a retest is in order. :thinking:

6 Likes

@ReikoX That’s pretty funny the dude posts up your results hahaha but I don’t even think that should be a focus on the cob cure really it’s more for the change in favor and smoothness imo . . .that’s why I’m going to try it at least. . .increase in thc wouldn’t be right it would be more “least degradation” I believe

3 Likes

I tried the cob curing last year on my Super lemon Haze… I still can’t bring myself into chewing it though smoking it is a game changer! Somehow the fermenting process does a chemical change many equal to tobacco fermenting which I didn’t believe until I had 1st hand experience with it.

The regular jar cure gave a solid heady high that tasted like lemons on the inhale and sweet exhale
Cob Curing gave the euphoric affects I was seeking when I bought the seeds that tasted like oranges on the inhale and earthy on the exhale
Jar ferment gave a mix of both techniques on the high and taste…very interesting for sure

Now all of my plants with Sativa in it gets a treatment of all 3 to compare tastes and potential affects though I have to admit that the regular jar cured ones are the last to go but are nice to have for a less intense high

6 Likes

Almost there! Day 62F

It’s been a week or so, I figured it was time for an update. Here are a few pics from the past week…

Flush and chop

4 days ago I started a “taper down flush”. I filled the rez with half strength on the Mega Crop, and then last night I went to pH’d water only. I plan on chopping the Tangie this weekend and I am playing it by ear with the Blueberry, it looks like it could go just a bit longer into next week maybe. We’ll see!

11 Likes

All those look like they could go at least another week bro :grin: just keep it :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yah some of these pics are from up to a week ago.

3 Likes

Cool. I was going to say they look like they might make it to 77 days.

3 Likes

I know right! Takin’ their sweet time for sure. Especially the 2 Blueberries. Can’t rush perfection though, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

So I went on vacation and the buds have been drying and curing… final tally is right about 540 grams. At 325W of sweet SolStrip LED and using MegaCrop nutes with Blumats that puts me in the 1.6g per watt territory. I must say I am quite pleased and looking forward to outdoing that on the next grow which will be commencing soon.

As far as drying/curing goes… i cut the plants into individual branches and trimmed, then dried on several makeshift drying racks. Curing in wide mouth 1 quart mason jars with Boveda (62%) packs.

I plan on running the trim, which includes a decent amount of bottom airy buds, through “bubble bags”, which I have yet to do but I will report yield from that as well.

Big shout out to @Jellypowered, @ReikoX, @Mr.Sparkle, and the other folks on the Discord. You all helped make this possible. Thank you!

12 Likes

Damn brother! You should take many vacations if this is the results! Great Growin’ my man. A testimonial for Blumats for sure! :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Nicely done bro! Enjoy the spoils of your labor. :+1::seedling:

6 Likes

Awesome thread grow this is just what I needed as I would like to start doing a same size tent grow been lookin at solstrips for a potential light source your buds look spectacular!

2 Likes

Here’s what the tent looks like now… Under 240W of the bridgelux strips…

It’s a little out of control at the moment. Just recently started with TheBucketCompany 3 gallon buckets and 3 plant perpetual cycle. Will be starting and vegging in the 2x4 2 plants and finishing one at a time in a 32x32in. tent under the solsheet. I started this cycle though with the 2x4 and a 2x2 and started the plants out in the 2x2 and moved them over to finish veg/flower in the 2x4 but im finding it’s really not enough room which is why I just picked up the 32x32" tent. :man_shrugging: Drop by the discord I frequently drop pics and talk shop there with several of the guys. I really do need to do a new thread though :thinking: :thinking:

Discord invite: https://discord.gg/5tp2uh

4 Likes

You running solstrips as well then? Some where else? You have some fat girls there!

Edit didn’t catch the solsheet comment earlier both great lights?

Definitely both great lights and you won’t go wrong with either.

1 Like

Love the sight tube on the water res! Genius! Damn near ready to pull the trigger on some Sols! Looking great @KingGhidora!

Nice :+1:

@ReikoX is selling nutrients now?!?
Fuck I’ve been away too long

EDIT: Oh cool, dead thread…my bad I’ll see myself out