Kraven the Bunker

Very sad, Mr. Buh cares about them

3 Likes

Well fuggin A -

Did the microscope check on veg and flower and fuggin A I confirmed under 200X that these little fuggers move fast - yes Hemp Broad Mite -

Suiting up for rounds of Avid / Forbid cycles …fun.

Spotted one in flower so he will be spared…they come down in a week…veg is covered in them…all my keeper moms are in danger now.

8 Likes

When it rains it pours. :frowning2: :thunder_cloud_rain: :umbrella:

4 Likes

sux bro go get em! keep the head up.

2 Likes

WOW. Your eyes are REALLY good! :wink: Makes me realize I probably have those around…damn.

3 Likes

just read these:

@#%$^&*(

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Unless they have tail pipes, they are something else.

Also broad mites have 8 legs.

Beneficial mite

Root aphid

Broad Mite

7 Likes

This is what they look like when they hit the right numbers and you get a population explosion…gonna loose some mighty fine genetics I’m afraid. It frustrates me as I’ll never ever be able to get these cuts again. Between the loss of my kitty and this huge mess that took 2 weeks to figure out, I’m just beat up tbh. I’ll get through this, just dunno what I’ll be running when all is said and done.

Can’t upload the video to show how they move… :angry:

7 Likes

Brother, I am heart sick for you.

Maybe it is time for a new kitty and all new genetics?

Any way I can help make it happen?

99%

7 Likes

If those are your pics yes that is broadmite damage. The good news they are very easy to eradicate.

You need Avid. Three applications 5 days apart.

I would start by cutting all your plants in flower back to around a foot, go 24/7 lighting dimmed down and go medium veg nutes.

The plants will suffer until the new growth starts but you won’t lose any strains and you can take fresh cuts as they become available.

You’ll lose a couple months of harvesting but better than everything.

14 Likes

Not that I am in need, but what is, and where does one procure Avid?

Ah Ha

Abamectin works by targeting the transmissions in the neural and neuromuscular systems of insects. The avermectins (nerve poisons) that are contained within the insecticide stimulate a neural transmitter which causes the break-down of nerve to nerve and nerve to muscle communication. The insect will then become paralyzed, stop eating, and die within 3 to 4 days. Abamectin is a delayed-action insecticide, meaning it is not instant. The benefit of a delayed-action insecticide is it gives the affected insect time to return to the colony and spread the poison through contact or food sharing (ingestion) with the other insects.

6 Likes
7 Likes

that is a tough blow, sorry, everyone’s worst nightmare. I’d probably just cut down. There are so many great strains to try.

4 Likes

Yup thats them man they [moms] went to shit very fast over the last 2 weeks. The plan is to hit them with Avid like you suggested, … Remember way back when when the Bunker was first conceived I got the needed chems for a pest control kit based on your suggestions for just this kind of issue … sadly it took me a minute to figure this out as it looked like random deficiencies and then they just when to shit very quickly.

4 Likes

Any idea how they got into the grow area?

4 Likes

My general guess is that a few ants brought in aphids and that when I treated for them in March that it weakened some of the plants in veg [ Moms] which drew other bugs because the plants were not as healthy and weakened. Also I reuse my coco chunk medium so I am sure that I helped spread them around a bit too. They are really tiny and not super easy to Dx until they get numbers enough to damage the plants enough to sort out whats really going on, by then you have a good sized infestation.

8 Likes

thanks for the documentation/photos–very helpful for us all.

interesting to me, it seems like a very small amount of damage could look like light-burn & wind damage, maybe easy to overlook at first in a hot outdoor grow.

sincere condolences-- i equate canines & felines as family & sympathize. distractions help a bit if you can find them. :four_leaf_clover:

:evergreen_tree:
c.s

8 Likes

Are the leaves drying and falling off too?

2 Likes

I’m not sure I understand your question? The leaf damage progresses till the leaf dies, sometimes it falls off but most of the time it gets a plastic look to it and its hard and brittle. They like to hide / lay eggs inside of buds, and other internal structures, most of the time you wont see them, just the damage. I hope that answered your question.

I dont mind posting my troubles along side my successes, it is important to realize we all are just growers, some with a bit more knowledge and experience than others, but we all face the same challenges. This will pass after a few weeks of work and then my garden will get back where it was.

14 Likes

Of this, we have no doubt. :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting your grow!

6 Likes