Kraven the Bunker

I love cooking brother and love homemade bread even more but can’t bake for shit lol. Nothing better than fresh bread or biscuits and tea in the morn. But have to wait for my mother in law to bake to get it lol I can make Indian frybread tho not as good and only once in a while since its fried and not as healthy. your bread looks amazing bro…ndn

5 Likes

Thanks for dropping by NDN, I appreciate the kind words… it was one of the things my mom passed on to me before she died…funny she taught me how to grow things and cook them…important life lessons imho :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yes very important bro I cook every meal here at home can cook bout everything that walks , crawls or swims but cannot bake a lick lol. It just takes my mind off of everything when I am cooking like getting in a zone ya know very relaxing for me. I live in an area where you grew up hunting, trapping and fishing for most of your food so you had to learn how to cook it or go hungry . Gathering wild rice and processing it the old way to get it ready to cook is another thing I love to do just putting the time in to gather alot of your food and preparing it is so much fun and rewarding and just makes it taste a lil bit better haha…ndn

8 Likes

I agree, hurts my feelings not to be able to grow something I like, baking and cooking were just a staple…mom was a good cook and I like to eat good food, so made myself a promise to learn…wife of 24 years loves the fact I garden and cook…she is livin the life now…if it isn’t fresh canned or picked out the garden we usually don’t have it on the table…and most of the cooking I do in the summer is on the grill and we have 10 months of summer and 2 months of winter here. :slight_smile:

I would love to collect wild rice, thats sounds really good…only thing wild we got thats remotely fun to hunt for is the mushrooms [well swamp cabbage and a few other southern delicacies] …boy howdy we got lots of active mushrooms here, wish we had more good edibles…would love fresh morels personally. I grow lions mane and shiitake, gonna start a colony of king oysters this fall when it cools.

Hope you and your family are well ndn, peace.

9 Likes

When i fire the lab back up i can hook you up with morel cultures if you wanna play around with them…

3 Likes

Thanks that would be awesome @funguy …just too hot for them here man.

Smoked pork shoulder medium with a rue made from pan drippins as the meat rested…garden beans and wife crispy cheesy bacon taters to go with it…peace.

12 Likes

Bhut jolokia [ghost pepper] dehydrating - these mofo’s are super hot. Great fruity taste but man alive…these pods need to mixed with something, they are NOT single serve…about took my breath. The good news is the first batch of sauce came off and its just as hot but easier to dose out lol…

8 Likes

Looking at that pork shoulder is making me feel hungry :thumbsup:

2 Likes

:fearful: you’re not f*cking around there brother. that’s weaponized chile’s right there…reminds me of Homer Simpson using the pepper spray on his food…probably Peter Griffin too.

:evergreen_tree: i have carnitas AND bear spray :thinking:

3 Likes

Ghost peppers are about where I get to the too hot level for me. Great when used sparingly. I would love to try your salsa one day. :+1: :hot_pepper:

6 Likes

The Hippy Slayer has a good start and both the SSDD and Timewreck are about ready to come down… Peace

10 Likes

The girls in flower are starting to put on a show.

Veg is full and clones need to be taken and few flipped into flower…hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Harvest is down and hanging, lots of meds to make for my veteran group this month…

17 Likes

You are after my own heart. This is my other hobby next to my first hobby.

10 Likes

very nice, I’m still hand kneading but I am doing enough now its time for a good large cap mixer.

4 Likes

At first we bought a nice kitchenaid, but very quickly learned that it’s not up to par. I was buying worm follower gears by the 1/2 dozen and rebuilding the gearbox monthly.
This thing came from a failed coffee shop, and does 5 loaves of most glutinous hearth bread with no issues. 20qt, highly recommend.

3 Likes

enjoyed reading this. great setup

3 Likes

Meet the newest member of the family…She thinks I’m the mama cat…took me two trips and a lot of coaxing to get close enough to snag her…then after i fed her eggs from a fast food restaurant on the way home and gave her some love she has not left my side. She is weak and sickly, will be going to the vet Monday after I have had the weekend to love on her and start forming a life bond…breaks my heart to watch a kitten struggle and die…don’t want or need another kitty right now, still really hurtin over Misty’s passing, but it was the right time for the kitten and it happened today and I have no regrets…as much love as she has piled on me today, it makes my heart feel good to know I brought some sorta comfort to a sick / starving / scared animal. She is gonna make a good friend.

22 Likes

Good on you bro! I hope your new friend has a healthy and happy life with you. We adopted two wee abandoned cats about 12 years ago and i now have a mrs and 2 furry spinster aunts :grin: they even nag me just like the real thing :joy:

8 Likes

even my dog is saying awwww… :thumbsup: :cat2:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Thanks man, that made my day :sweat_smile:

3 Likes