Lake of stars day 21

I like the one gallon for SOG 4 or 5 clones in each pot then right to flower…i have discovered boot mats work great for 8 could push to 10 i like the 3 pop bottles…hope you enjoyed the look waiting on the clones!!

Taking forever…NL is quick to root!

Got some Tappy genes going like almost every seed i had got mixed up…winter should be fun!:slight_smile:

Couple 3 Malawi in there…nice stuff!

17 Likes

Do you find them drying out very fast and increasing humidity? Then again, the more often you need to water, the more often you can feed, as said by the guy at the hydro store lol.

4 Likes

I have a problem with mine drying out, but everytime ive flowered in them I vegged too long for the size pot. Was just thinking today I really like the fabric pots, but 3 gal and up. For 1 gals I really would rather use standard nursery pots.

4 Likes

One gallon would be fine for just one week or so of veg, I use to do it in 6” square pots. but for a fabric pot, a gallon has a lot of surface area vs volume and would dry out quick regardless.

2 Likes

works good for a guy who over waters…

4 Likes

True :rofl: :laughing: …pretty hard to over water!
I’ve been working down from 7’s to 5’s and now fiddling with 3’s.

Hey @bandit306 pulling up a chair for this Brother. :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

1 gallon pots you say? Hm. I’ve been growing in 3 gallon pots for decades. The black 3 gallons.

You can see them there. I always thought any smaller would be hard. Any reason your using the cloth bags?
Edit: now that I think about it, maybe those are 2 gallon pots…hm, I need to figure that out.:hushed:

8 Likes

In coco, with automated multi-feeds per day, 1 or 2 gallon fabrics work very well.

Poor mans hydro. :laughing:

12 Likes

Interesting, all these years I have been using 2 gallon pots, and I thought they were 3 gallon.

6 Likes

@bandit306, there is no 1 size fits all, the ideal pot is highly dependant on how much space you are giving to each plant. From personal experience 1 gallon pot is enough for a plant to fill either 1 or 2 sq ft of grow space.

This is a plant in a 1 gallon fabric pot in a space of 2,27 sq ft.

Same plant just before harvest

In a more recent run I had that same 1 gallon pot filling half that space.
Either way it does not constitute SOG, which is using more than 1 plant per sq ft. I’ve done 2 plants per sq ft like this:

4 auto plants before flower stage

Same plants just before harvest (2 colas per plant)

Now, fabric pots are great, but they do rise humidity quite a bit and I’ve noticed no difference yield wise. Currently I’m trying 12 plants in square plastic pots in that same space in (I hope) true SOG single cola style.

10 Likes

I CAN DO BETTER…WAY BETTER! THE GENETICS I GOT HERE…THANK YOU! SOME VERY NICE STUFF…

3 Likes

the last batch of “soil” i mixed up had one cubic foot (small) pete moss a large bag of worm castings five gallon pail of soil from the last run mixed together with couple hand fulls of lime…drop the PH. Im thinking i need some vermiculite due to buds falling over. Also after listening to that talk on NL…great talk i highly recommend it! Based off what that old timer said…my NL is #1 he said height is the indicator for NL…make sense plus he’d know!
I did at one point and time have “elite” clones of the real hash plant and buggle gum…2 very wicked strains when crossed! People would not smoke it…serious!! They said it was to potent and hang-over weed…maybe it was the AVID!
NO LIES…these were die hard smokers!! Stunk everything up and the hybrid vigor was there…amazing!
I remember when the real AK-47…dripping in resin! Fan leaves the whole plant…everyone wanting to steal it!
fuck…someone needs to do that again…collect “elite” clones and do some breeding!

oh i forgot i added some bokoshi…stunk everything up…kinda sour…not bad!

1 Like

this is what i was thinking…the seeds with the green label came from tappy (JOTI) so they should be pretty good…im not sure which ones they are he sent a few anyway…the other seeds are Purple Killer Malwia f2/f3? (not stable) some nice plants thou. Im think 8 seeds of each plus a couple others (NL #1) i have and do an open pollination…fk if i get a male?
Now “if” there is more than one male do i do the selection and keep pollen or let it go and pass on all the genes…all the males?

https://jordanoftheislands.ca/product/blue-lights/

2 Likes

How are you doing Brother?
Yeah, Tappy’s Afghani x Blue Lights are going to be grade ‘A’ pyrotechnics, Solid on the indica. Same with the NL, one of the early historic indica/sativa crosses.
Not familiar with the Purple Killer.

I’d be really rooting for a male or two from the JOTI stock (arguably the best Canadian breeder) to preggo your harem of fems.
That would be an interesting run to follow.
:+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

i found this interesting…hermie equal hermie

1 Like

someone gifted me some of this so i should use it…next round!
there are 3 dif pheno of PKM NL #1(pollen) gods bud or og18…some nice stuff 6 or 7 strains all FEM NL #1 crosses…save the other one for later…i need weed more than seeds right now!
I’ll try it…be some nice crosses…stay tuned

2 Likes

Interesting abstract, great photos and scans.
Thanks for posting that.

Cheers
G

1 Like

I bought 20 x 1 gallon fabric pots for $9.99 on aliexpress. Pretty happy with them. I do 12/12 from seed in limited space, so I try to do a SOG’ish type grow. Luckily with the cool weather and humidity not being a bitch, I’ve got my 6 site dwc tote going again (6 Afghani JOTI) :pray:

4 Likes

i am so disorganization all the seeds got mixed up except the ones with the green line…i named them blue bomber…know why??
haha I decided last night ill hit the NL with sliver when i flower them out on the 30 they go to flower…so ill spray one them…need to keep better track of seeds and clones

1 Like

Those look similar in size to some pots i use that say 2.2 gallon on bottom, maybe similar? That way, you’re really not that far from 3, hehe!

1 Like