Landrace Expansion & Trade

Well I’m happy to report that I successfully received an order from RSC. I had to give it another go, because I really wanted to acquire their Congolese and some more Nanda Devi. I also got a very generous set of freebies – Rasoli and Kuamoni.

The Nanda Devi is interesting… These seeds are small in size. When I compare them to an older accession from RSC, the old ones are much larger (supposedly with poor germ rates).

10 Likes

The Nanda devi is a good one, yes.

Mango spicy smell and nice amount of resin in the buds. Clear, happy and calm sativa high.

The good thing with the North Indian is that you can start to chop some buds at say 9 weeks and then let the others mature as long as you want, I tried up to 12 weeks, it gives a stronger high more on the hash side.

I must say that the second generation seeds also had poor germ rates indoor. Their best germ rate was obtained in harsh condtions outdoor, they can wait more than 3 weeks to sprout and suddenly, you see them out of soil just when you had forgotten them.

The Kumaoni is also a great one. Very strong citrus / lime smell . More energetic high than the Nanda devi one.

9 Likes

Snagged a pack of these yesterday. Ill f2 em someday here haha

17 Likes

Sure like the description on that. Irie Mon.

5 Likes

From the pictures, that one looks crazy to attempt indoors. Is it as lanky and wild as it looks in the pictures?

Nice! Wheretf did you find those?? Sounds amazing. Jamaican is very memorable ganja for me.

6 Likes

Guy on IG with a crazy collection. He has some older ones up for grabs finally. He was trying to sell the whole
Lot at one point then I guess he sold all the super rare ones a bit ago. Not sure what The guy paid but it must have been insane.

3 Likes

Your friend must of really loved the thunder fuck lol to buy 50 of them

1 Like

Sorry I have few experience with the Kumaoni as I didn’t grow it myself (I have only grown a (Kumaoni x Hawaian) x Kumaoni indoor which was really sativa and smelled citrus / incense )

I saw a pure Kumaoni outdoor , it was very similar to a Thai except the flowering time. Maybe like a pure Thai that would be feasible outside the tropics if you see what I mean :slight_smile:

In the same outdoor garden this year, there was also a Nanda devi female and it was a bit more stockier but can’t say if it was individual specific or not.

3 Likes

Is Australia Bastard Cannabis a Landrace?
does anyone have seeds?

4 Likes

Hit me up this fall. I’m going to do a seed run of the Beldia. Nothing fancy. 7 inch spacing as recommended in Morocco. Probably all in one or two containers at most.

4 Likes

It seems that it might be… I’ve seen pics of it growing wild. Interesting plants. You would think Australia would have many landraces. Apparently not though.

1 Like

just put a few of the Beldia in water yesterday. Along with
3- Panama Red
3 - MTF
3 - ??? (mixed bag, WW, BP, GTxMalawi

3 Likes

I just received an order from Indian heirloom Seed Company. Customs opened it up. They left the seeds! Times are changing!

13 Likes

Whoa no way… In the US right?

5 Likes

There’s nothing more special than receiving a package with green tape on it!

6 Likes

Yup. In the US!!! All contents left in place. Maybe they thought they were different seeds? Doubt it though. There is an Indian heirloom seeds…that sells rare and exotic plant seeds. Perhaps I was lucky, but there’s gotta be some customs guys that see the light these days regarding pot laws. EDIT EDIT EDIT!!! I stand corrected… There was no green tape on it… I feel like a moron. My wife was home when the package came and told me customs had opened it and left a detail of what they found inside. I didn’t want to alarm her so I acted like it was no big deal and when she asked if I wanted to see it I said no. Then @ Desertgrown mentions green tape. So I ask her where it is a couple minutes ago. She showed me the form the guy from India had to fill out for customs saying what was inside. Just a customs declaration. Bdbdbd that’s all folks! I feel like a maroon! Sorry @ Lefthandseeds! We can still dream, right? Lol! So sorry it isn’t true!

9 Likes

See my edit below yr post. I’m a jackass!

1 Like

Ah bummer. I figured they wouldn’t allow it. I might be wrong, but when you normally go through customs at the airport, you can’t bring back any fruits or food or agricultural propagative material (seeds) of any kind. So I’d assume postal customs operates with the same rules, not just for cannabis.

6 Likes

This is correct. Customs doesn’t look for just cannabis seeds… they look for any and all contraband that is not allowed to enter the US for whatever reason.

4 Likes

Both Beldia already popped, along with 2 of the bag seed. MTF is looking ready to go also. Reds showing nothing yet.

I have a bag seed purple Thai at 3 weeks in soil. Have found two references for it one saying it’s a Mexican gold x highland Thai Also know as Oregon Purple Thai. Other is from a seed company and is Thai x purple pheno Afghan Kush. Looks of the plant make me think it’s the indica hybrid.
What do you guys think??

5 Likes