Landrace Indicas

I am curious about what a true indica plant looks like.

3 Likes

Short (for the most part), fat and thick buddage. Bulky…

5 Likes

Yeh @OldSSSCGuy I get that. I suppose I should have asked to see some pictures of True Indicas…lol

1 Like

What? You expected proof? (laughing) Sorry about that buddy…

There is some great footage of landrace Afghani in this video:

Affi hash video

1 Like

I don’t have pictures but if you do some digging I’m sure you can find some of these:

Afghani
Mazar
Hindu Kush
Lashkar Gah
Tashkurgan
Sheberghan

This was a shortlist on the Dutch Passion website

Or

Take a look at this:

6 Likes

Here are a few good examples.

Iranian x X18 created by me, and grown by MaineCannaMoma

Iranian x X18 grown by Mainecannamoma (4)

Iranian:
bad6654ae2f71c7aab57d8158604353a01770965_2_471x500

Hindu Kush:

Chitrali:

Turkish:
Turkish-9-24-2-300x300

15 Likes

Thanks for the video, specially enjoyed the last part where they show how they make hash ejem|nullxnull.

Here’s a book in PDF (too heavy to attach) about the Durand line project, beautiful strains and pics :kissing_heart:

“The Durand Line project will focus on the Cannabis hotspots located on the either sides of the Border both in Afghan and Pak.”

It’s a WeTransfer link so it will not last longer:

5 Likes

Nice book
Thanks

2 Likes

You’re welcome, I asked for more info to this people and they kindly sent it to me … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Wow very nice

2 Likes

Thanks George!

2 Likes

A Pakistan male being used for crosses:

12 Likes

awesome, i like to see males giving there place in nature.

2 Likes

Welcome @4TDBundy , we’d like to see you stick around and enjoy OG!

2 Likes

Lets (hopefully) revive this thread with some dissertation.

Who has grown their fair share of Pakistani genetics? I’m dabbling, and have some observations about common effects amongst all of my specimens — are they typically cerebral?? As I slowly smoke through all my specimens (still have 50+% left to try) I’m getting more effects in the head versus what I was hoping for, such as heavy body stoned effects.

Then when listening to Tom Hills Potcast interview, he touched on this — he stated that he prefers cerebral “indicas”, and those were typically the selections he kept. With that being said, I couldn’t discern which if his lines were Paki or Afghan — which is saying something, because I know several are Paki

Idk man, I’m kinda just rambling here.
And while we’re on the subject, has anyone grown Toms PTK &/or ‘79 Xmas bud? I know they’re somewhat similar, although unrelated. But I wonder if more is more ”heady” vs ”stoned”

3 Likes

That’s interesting that it is more cerebral than body effect. What did the trichomes look like when you chopped?

2 Likes

We really should come up with an OG consensus on what is an Afghan etc.
Could get some proper “Afghan of the year” awards going.

1 Like

As expected, 20% amber and mostly cloudy. Still have a couple (two, exactly) that I decided to let ripen longer, by total coincidence

It’s not the a perfect experiment, but I didnt really anticipate this outcome

2 Likes

I grew maple leaf indica, made crosses and f2 of them, mazar-i-sharif and some ‘unknown’ strains which came from Afghanistan some ortegas by other seed makers too. All of them have a similar buzz with a heavy body load more or less. I didn’t experience raciness or something alike but get stupid high, the kind you just stare and drool.land the ceiling is lower. The difference to sativa doms is that I can’t move lol.

3 Likes

Glad someone found this thread, I was wondering if it existed already icon_e_confused|nullxnull. I recently discovered there are afghan sativas:

but when we think about Afghan we use to relate with big fat leaves indicas Pirata|nullxnull, here’s something you may be interested to read:

Some kind fellows from here are sending me Baghlan and the RSC Afghan mix, that will be my next grow, I always look for a good sleep zz|nullxnull so they’re going to be my target from now on …

Have some fresh Oaxacan seeds to trade (or gift), looking for indica landraces … em198|nullxnull

3 Likes