Landraces and heirloom (Part 1)

Yes sir, colorado sativa’s 2017 repro :wink:

4 Likes

Heck, while I’m at it…

Nanan bouclou, C.S. repro. Not much aroma but frosty and looking pretty. Look at that shag! The leaves started broad and grew thinner through maturity

c.s. repro of Purple Satellite. Just lovely plants. Superbly early - a male dropped pollen by the second week of july. Strong, sweet berry aromas that you can smell from a distance. Look at that striking, deep plum purple on the stems. Very tall, every plant has gone over 7ft.

48 Likes

Black stem Lolab.

34 Likes

Beautiful! @YoBigdaddy W,ill want to see pictures of Nanan bouclou. Is this one here?

Looks like a very interesting pheno. I bet it’s a strong one. Has those PNG leaves.

15 Likes

Yep! It’s gonna be fun to trim to say the least :joy:

5 Likes

nice :slight_smile: !!!

5 Likes

Rare, delicate, powerful cultivars all around !!!

…get that red and purple stem!!!

1 Like

Those Purple Satellites are looking great. I love the pointy buds. Good stuff!
I just noticed miss “big top” Bouclou in the planter. Nice clunker bud.

7 Likes

Sheberghan Balkh at 3 weeks flower from @Upstate think I spelled that right.

How’s she looking? She seems to be a hungry one.

28 Likes

Looking good to me. I can’t tell if maybe a couple leaves are just a little bit light in color or if it’s the sun. Mine look like that too. maybe they are N pigs. More Likely they just make big flowers quickly and need extra food during mid flower.
Afghanistan soil is high ph. 8-8.5.
They use lots of manure and fertilized water left over from watering the almond orchards.
I’d never thought to ask what the orchards are fertilized with…
@LandraceWarden what do Afghan farmers feed Almond orchards with? Is this only in Southern Afghanistan or is it also done North of the Kush?

7 Likes

Wow that black stemmed one looks awesome! Where’s you get the beans. Does it have interesting terps in the stem rub? Super cool!

1 Like

I put it in the wrong section, sorry! (I still have to figure out how to proceed here), however, this is a Jamaican landrace, called Jamdung Weed, coming from bagseeds. the females were stable, the males were all hermie towards the tips of the branches…!
Also, the flavor is a good mix of flowers, mainly carrots, roots,mint,lemons, it depends also from pheno… Positive and energy high
IMG_20211105_172039|375x500

30 Likes

Burmese landrace 1970s pic

29 Likes

Laos via Mass Medical Strains Party pack… I was expecting a possible hybrid but got a pure Laos it looks. I’ll have to train it or chop it to get into my garage, or im just gonna take clones for inside. This thing is NOT finishing outside where I am.

32 Likes

Nice looking tree @gcomputer! If it were me I’d take clones and flower them indoors. This one is suppose to get very tall during the stretch and yours is pretty damn large already. Unless you have one of those RV garages you’ll probably have a pretty rough time trying to move it indoors and manage it. Either way I wish you the best and would love to hear your smoke report on this one.

6 Likes

Speaking of high alkalinity, some growers put a little bleach in the water for the plants and it seems to perk them up. Why is that?

2 Likes

Because I’m a dum-dum head who doesn’t understand basic chemistry. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Burmese from RSC
Two weeks ago

today

22 Likes

Bleach is definitely not hydrochloric acid. Maybe you mean hypochlorous acid? It’s kind of the same as bleach chemically, except for being acidic… though mixing bleach with any acid can apparently release chlorine gas, which is fun. Probably not a good idea to use it for pH balancing, though I doubt it’s all that dangerous if it’s a small reaction and there’s decent ventilation. Still doesn’t sound great, though. As far as adding it to the water, I’m not sure how that would possibly benefit plants unless they’re chlorine deficient or there are pathogens in the water.

5 Likes

This is Lemon Kashmir from Lolab Valley. Reeks of lemon. A little fuel mixed in the black stem plant. Lemon stem rub. Seeds were from a friend on a private forum, via Indian Landrace Exchange originally. I was given his P2, grew some, made seeds, and these popped up this year.

7 Likes