Landraces and heirloom

Thanks @US3RNAM3 I watched that video the other night (after your DM) and really enjoyed putting a face to the name. He does a great job of explaining what Zomia Collective is about and how it got here. I hope I can reconnect with him before too long!

By the way, there are two versions of this up on Youtube. If you don’t get the one that asks if you are 18+ years old, switch! They put up one with no ganja images to get around the algorithm…the 18+ one has all the images! And there’s an audio podcast of this as well.

:call_me_hand:

3 Likes

How can you get to the one with the pics?

1 Like

I think that is the link to the one with pics. There’s not all that many pics, but during the interview they put 'em up on screen now and then. I’m signed in and watched it once, so I don’t get the 18+ question…makes it hard to tell, but I believe the posted one is the one you want!

:call_me_hand:

1 Like

I’ll try and watch that tonight. I’d like to hear the interview for sure.

Nice nice here’s a few more Zomia interviews/podcasts:

Same one on YouTube with some images:

Dunno if there’s a Discord archive of this:

Background:

https://medium.com/@matthijsbijl/welcome-to-zomia-the-anarchist-country-youve-never-heard-of-6d2172da8ef3

https://www.linkedin.com/in/brendan-dillon-474435242

A Cambodian landrace appellation map Brendan posted, his feed is beautiful:

9 Likes

Hey OG landrace fans!
I would really appreciate and value your input over in my grow diary. I’m starting my first ever landrace seeds in about a month:

Link to poll

My grow diary OP

9 Likes

I feel like the long flowering sativa type are the easiest plants to grow, ever. It’s just that they go in slow motion and you have to be patient and just hang with them. They will reward you. I’ll check out your thread. peace

10 Likes

I’d be honored @GMan . I dig your contributions

2 Likes

Damn. That is beautiful. And fxking gigantic!

1 Like

Oaxacan x Columbian from kagyu of coastal seeds. Some have sweet fruity/rotten fruit smells. Some have a more wild gassy like smell that reminds me of forest herbs and spices. Very intoxicating aromas. Seemed a little stressed indoors but handled it better than expected. I F2d them with pollen collected from 2 males onto 5 females and threw the male pollen on a chem91 s1 and a tk x lemon party both from csi. And I threw on some Burmese/Manipur male pollen on a branch of one of the fruity Oaxacan/Columbian girls that smells like mango.

32 Likes

White buffalo seeds from Canada have Angola if I’m not mistaken

1 Like

icon_e_surprised|nullxnull

That’s not fair! frech|nullxnull

1 Like

If i get one hundred votes, I’ll close it. Gotta have a fair sample size!

1 Like

I only see it crossed with haze. They used la mana negro Angola. Exotic alchemy has it pure. There was a different one briefly on Strainly and @Guitarzan has some snowhigh angola going now.

8 Likes

Looking great; sounds like a great sativa cross for sure! Good call chucking some of that pollen and I love those autumn colored leaves!

1 Like

Golden Tiger (ace seeds

11 weeks in flower,certainly in the zone.

Ps. The smaller different Pheno finished at nine weeks.

Regards

P J

33 Likes

They’re adapted to grow in places with long or even perpetual summers.

1 Like

I wanted to cross post this from my thread because of the text from Jim of Afropips talking about his path to heirloom and landrace preservation through his experience growing up in South Africa and smoking/learning about all the different plants out there, and why he liked Malawi Gold the most:

5 Likes

Alex/La mano negra was a very popular and followed person. But after he was busted he never get back his original african landraces seeds.

6 Likes

Hey @Dirt_Wizard, I’m just curious, do you know why you would pick hollow stems as a positive trait? I’ve never heard of that before and just wondering what the advantage of having hollow stems would be. I’ve had them off an on, and just never heard it considered as a trait. Thanks… learn new stuff every day.

I went to read the stuff from Afropips guy about the Malawi Gold. I have some seeds of it made from his stock and haven’t tried it yet. I also have a cross of that to a Colombian Gold called Golden Wedding made by the same friend. I need to ask @santero if he knows much about the Afropips Malawi Gold that @Smilestyle (from another forum) sent me. He knows that other member that sent them to me along with some Lemon Thai IX seeds that SAN made.

6 Likes