Landraces and heirloom

The Cambodian99 x Vietblack

has a deep UUMPH. I feel the high every Time im working on it. Its more obvious than in the Hoabac. Not saying Hoabac is bader, just saying its very obvious onsetting. That Cambodian has a easy to feel Presence, goes right into your Heart, basically Said. The Vietb brings some thin-nes into it, its pretty good, looks slightly authentic 70s SEAsian , no?

Wonderfull Gloss in the Resin, wich you might not see in the Downnyized? Pic. If i zoom in further, one can see the Trippy Dreamy colorfull Shine in the Resins Gloss

8 Likes

absolutely beautiful plant brother.

4 Likes

wohoo, wohoo, yes merci Puddha

2 Likes

Hello, I’m from Brazil and recently arrived at OG. I share the same ideals. I’ve been saving food seeds for about 10 years, and now cannabis too. I think they are going to do with cannabis what they have already done with food …
The initiative you propose here is the only way to keep genetics in the hands of the true owners, all of humanity. We must strive to continue the legacy of our ancestors and continue planting, choosing, harvesting, planting …
I cultivated in the past, when the Paraguayan herb was not yet hybrid, very stimulating, but without awareness of its importance. Now I have an Overgrow Portugal and Brazil 🇵🇹
, with seeds from traditional production regions, to find Sativas without contamination.
I would like to thank you for the opportunity to get in touch with this information, and I hope to someday earn your trust

I keep reading, learning and practicing to pass it on to someone, I’m sorry for the Google translation.
Congratulations to all of you.

23 Likes

Hi @Gugumelo, that search for pure sativas in the north of Brazil looks like an interesting one. The thread you mention is for interaction between people speaking Portuguese. you can share your guerrilla grow with the rest starting a thread in the Outdoor growing category, that way all the people would be able to enjoy your plantations Pirata|nullxnull . Your English with the google Translator is better than mine without … beer3|nullxnull

11 Likes

Thanks @ George1961, I’m a novice and I’m learning, I have this limitation with English, but I believe I will learn here too.
I created a diary for 2020 at: Agroecological guerrilla, in search of the True Brazilian Sativa.
Forgive the interruption …
Gratitude…

10 Likes

@romanoweed… That’s gorgeous! Nice resin. @Gugumelo…welcome to Overgrow. @elfman is living in Brazil. He would be very interested in any tips you might have for growing down there.

7 Likes

welcome Gugumelo.

3 Likes

Catching up on this topic. Small correction… Franco go sick while doing volunteer work in Africa. He was not on a Cannabis Hunters expedition.

Arjan gave away a lot of seeds in Africa because he saw that cannabis farmers were very poor and he concluded that better yields would greatly improve their lives. As the saying goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

8 Likes

cool picture showing the Parvati landrace as it looked a hundred years ago. Chrome guitar Ironman on Instagram got them to germinate. They were a gift from a very elderly Village lady named daadi. Notice the broad leaflets

13 Likes

here is another picture showing the thai land race as it looked in the mid-70s

19 Likes

That is just gorgeous. I covet that deeply, a 60s/70s heirloom/landrace. Out of curiosity, do we have any confirmed 60s/70s landraces still in existence, from cutting or tracible seedline?

edit: follow up question in advance, if one of those 1970s Thai sativas were left in the wild somehow, how many decades until the changing environment and dereliction drove phenotypic expression to the point where it was no longer the same 1970s plant?

5 Likes

There are a couple reputed old thai lines. None for sale that I have found. That’s it.
It Takes 7 generations for plants to revert to their wild state if left unattended. ( I’ve read) I’ve also read that all the cannabinoids revert to their original concentrations( less thc and more of the others), and it becomes more medicinal and less psychoactive.

11 Likes

I recently was gifted some landrace Ruderalis seeds from the Kurgan region. I’ve looked at some geographical information about the area, and it left me wondering something. Is/Are there any advantages to attempting to mirror a landrace plants native environment? Mostly I’m asking about light cycles, and specifically in reference to landrace Ruderalis strains. My stock is extremely limited, and I’d like to give them the best possible conditions that I can provide when I do a seed run with them. Any help and advice is appreciated!

7 Likes

DJ Short has long advocated a 11/13 light cycle, 11 on 13 off, that mimics the equatorial regions, for just about any strain you’d be growing. I don’t know how that would fare for ruderalis though. But the point being that you could certainly attempt mimicking the environment for ruderalis and observe the effects. We can never fully mimic the natural environment of specific genetics indoors, unless maybe we had a full on geo-plantarium.

6 Likes

Snowhigh’s list of Mexican Landraces:

I started working on my Mexican Landrace collection about 8 years ago. I wanted to get all “The Big Four” Mexican Landraces/Heirlooms from Jalesco, Oaxaca, Michoacan, and Guerrero.

One of my plans it so make a strain called Big Four which includes all of these classics.

I won’t be ready in December but may join in the Mexican run when I finish the current Indian Heirlooms.

Not sure if I will do a pure regional run with a few other things mixed in, or start The Big Four.

Here is a sample of what I have managed to collect so far.

Jalesco IBL. – Eskobar

Guerrero:
Guerrero Region Red – TJ
Guerrero Region Gold – TJ
Highland Guerrero – Cryptic
Aculpulco Gold - Bodhi

Oxacan:
Oxacan x Angola Red – Snowhigh
Oaxacan IBL Fem – Eskobar
Zipolite Oxacan - Bodhi

Michoacan:
Michoacan 2017 – Swami
Chapita de Michoacan – Cannabiogen

Sinaloa:
Jarilla – Cannabiogen

Zacatecas:
Big Sur Holy Weed – So. Cal Seed Co., Bodhi, Kagyu

18 Likes

very nice. I’ve been on the lookout for a oaxacan but it is tough to find. a guy on strainly has one but he never seems to have any stock. your ‘big four’ idea sounds very much like a south american version of the legendary dutch Four Way from back in the day. best of luck in your endeavors : )

6 Likes

Nice project idea. That’s cool you got Eskobar’s two Mexicans. I missed them before Sannie took the last of them down. Santero is supposed to have his mother plants but has his own ideas of preserving them. I did get 5 of his Aztec Rain strain fems. It’s a Mexican crossed to something, maybe Choc Rain.

I guess I’ll dig out my mystery Mexican seeds and get started trying to germinate some now. Germ rate is low but I did see a plant grown from them. All sativa.

4 Likes

Pretty sure Mexico is still part of North America.

5 Likes

Very nice collection, by when will you have the “Big 4” project ready?

2 Likes