Landraces and heirloom

That Purple Satellite looks very promising! You gonna do indoor or outdoor?

5 Likes

outdoors and I am looking for a good male :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s a cool site. He’s like me. I have lots of Bastard seeds and usually know which males were flowering at the time. Usually 2-3 males. I sure like his prices. Do you have a thread they’ll be in or you gonna post about them here? peace

4 Likes

Don’t you dare take away my “Black Friday”!!! I do “most” of my shopping then. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I grabbed several too. Have not run any yet but plan to run a couple of the Cherry Bomb in my next run.

13 Likes

I will be doing them in my outside thread :slight_smile:

works for sometimes just tring to figure out his S1 thing on some of them

he is not getting rich I would say he is being very fair

when you run them tag me would like to fellow along :slight_smile:

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

6 Likes

honestly I think this is kind of alarmist. I think it also may have something to do with him being european, and not actually knowing how americans use the term landrace. It’s just an old fashioned term for native species. People have used this term for other plants, and it is definitely commonly used to refer to animal species, ie landrace pig as a term for american wild pigs.

I’m from San Francisco and spent time in Berkeley, so I have some experience with political correctness (haha)

There are always people who think they are at the forefront of political correctness with new cutting edge ways to be more politically correct. honestly, this level of oversensitivity and alarmism can be offensive in and of itself. Often, people (white people) will create the latest trend in political correctness, and it will take a few years to realize that this new language they have started using is just as offensive, if not worse.

@upstate

Probably not supposed to call cannabis plants males or females anymore either. It insults them. Especially the ones that identify as something else

Even my nonbinary non gender specific sibling jokes about this, which really goes to show that some people take this stuff too far.

they showed me a trans instagram grower’s herm plants, and we had a good laugh about it. and of course, the instagram grower said the herms identified as females. that grower also said that male plants could change their sex to female if the grower spoke to them positively and built up their self esteem.

6 Likes

angus was also saying this when he spoke on a podcast, so I don’t think people are misinterpreting this.

Definitely agree with this through-

a lot of these “landraces” are either already hybridized and not true landraces, and/or that there isn’t really different “races” of cannabis. Like a lot of these area’s could be the same strain or close. So… too much hype…

9 Likes

Because I’m an OCD German, I felt compelled to research his claim.

The word was coined in 1908 in Germany by a German. For ~100 years, it was used with essentially unchanged meaning across domesticated animals and plants. Relatively speaking, it’s been an archaic term for decades; until the cannabis world adopted it fully.

I’m mighty puzzled by his post and responses. It seems he’s on a one-man crusade to convince people the term has racist connotations and history.

Not only was I unable to find anything whatsoever about its supposed racist uses; I didn’t even find any usage of the term apart from how we use it.

For a variety of reasons, I am sensitive to racial issues. Probably why I noticed the post in the first place. His diatribe rang hollow with me, so I researched it. Racism remains an issue all over the globe and light should be shined on it. But no one should shine light on racism with lies.

Inventing an issue on racial matters in an effort to boost your apparent social conscience is deplorable. I asked him if he could point me to examples. He could not. Rather than supporting his point, he tried to belittle my intellect with circular logic.

There are fundamental ethical and moral problems in his actions. I have ten of their strains I was about to order which I now won’t. I won’t dismiss him or his company because he could just be having a bad day. I will however, tread cautiously before I ever give him any of my money or goodwill.

Kev :call_me_hand:t5:

14 Likes

Well said :ok_hand:

4 Likes

For his S1 they are all regular male/female seeds. He calls it an S1, and calls it a Self 1. He means a F2 of an original pack of seeds. If he makes seeds from his F2, he will call them S2.

4 Likes

Does anyone here remember the old breedbay seed auctions?
That’s where bodhi got started selling his seeds.

There was a really awesome old collector on breedbay called Pakasymbiot who sold seeds as entheogen seeds. He had some amazing stuff he collected during his epic backpacking expeditions.

I contacted him, and was about to buy some of his lines through the auction. Then breedbay went dark for about 2 years. They are back now, but the seed auction is gone. I don’t think Pakasymbiot ever showed up again, I hope he’s ok.

4 Likes

just got this

Hi Dequilo,

When I list seeds as S1 that means that I pollinated the female with a male of the same strain, so yes they are “selfed.” All seeds are regular, so you’ll get males and females when you grow them.

The seeds you want are available, they are F1s and they are regular.

All seeds are a $25 donation for a pack of 20. Send your donation to my address below. Currently I’m only accepting cash donations. Include $10 for shipping. Include in the letter what seeds you want and how many packs of each, your email address, and the address you want your seeds shipped to. When you send your donation, email me with the tracking number. When I receive your donation I’ll ship out your seeds and email you with a tracking number for your order. I include freebies with every order based on what you ordered and/or what I think you might like.

so I will send him some bucks and go from there

Dequilo

7 Likes

‘Maybe you need to read “How to Argue with a Racist,” so we can begin to de-program your internalized racism and bring you back to a more moral and less hateful existence. Your use of the word landrace is a macro-aggression. If you disagree, you need to read the book mentioned above. If you still disagree, just keep reading the book until you do.’ That is discourse to these people. They consider that ‘dialog’. Imagine a person like that in absolute power for a second. It’s enough to send shivers down the spine.

Poison. These people are pure poison. Bored, bourgeoisie white people with zero perspective, authenticity, or intellect impeding actual progress and discourse. The truly baffling thing about all this mess is how little shame they feel. I don’t think they are capable of seeing the missteps in reasoning that led them to their positions. They just double down when cognitive dissonance creeps its ugly head in. I hope their dead-end ideas betray them soon enough so all that remains is the empty husk of vapid human existence they became when they abandoned critical thought in favor of sophistry, bullying, and the absolute primacy of group identity.

10 Likes

that got me on both of the crosses :slight_smile: grown in Vermont my next door neighbor

I got a C99 mix calling it if I find a good female

all the best

Dequilo

6 Likes

@dequilo very interested in what happens here… will be watching!

3 Likes

I have been banned from his IG. Dont even know what I did. I Probably recommended someone elses landrace if he was out of stock, or like you said, dared to disagree. Too bad. I like his seeds. I think hes been on icmag too much. Lots of knowledgeable folks over there, but there are often rude and disrespectful comments.

7 Likes

Lol. Wouldnt that be nice! Yup. People have gone too far. Im a nice person, and hate no one, but feel i have to walk on eggshells all the time. People should be who they are period. If someone has a problem with that, F@#k em.
There is only one quality I look for in people, and that’s whether they are a good person or not. Thats all that matters in the end.

11 Likes

My God @Eudaemon. I wish I could write like you do. Pure poetry. You have a gift to be able to put down thoughts so eloquently.
@dequilo … I would love to get a hold of his oaxacan, but I have a feeling he will never sell it. Have you seen the size of the buds it produces? Absolutely massive and to grow in Massachusetts without mold is truly something special. Not sure if you read how he used to grow in between the highway Lanes, using a culvert for access. A man after my own heart. I had a spot on I-88 scoped out for about a decade, but never did use it. I planned to access it through a culvert. The fact that it was a guerrilla grown( oh Lord, is this offensive to gorillas? Lol)variety means it is probably pretty damn bomb-proof when it comes to pests, molds and other issues outdoor growers in the Northeast would see. It is one thing to grow a potent plant, but quite another to harvest one. The Northeast requires that resin glands be pretty damn tough to withstand the beating they receive from rain storms around Harvest Time without exploding or falling apart.

10 Likes

@Upstate I was just going to send him bucks but wanted to ask about the Purple Satellite uncrossed

so i shot him an email and got right back to me

he has them for the same deal 20 for 25 dollars

so we will see

Dequilo

6 Likes