Landraces and heirloom

@GMan Do you have any follow-up in the forum to follow it?

3 Likes

Hi @Yaxu, not yet, but Iā€™ll start a topic. I have a small run in flower now and can start a thread for that. Other things will follow. Still waiting on my seeds to sprout. I talked to the guy that got his to germ and will try his approach next if these donā€™t make it. I figured on a slow start, anyway.

I hope my Lemon Thai gets here soon. Iā€™d like to get it started outdoors. I have another Thai x Stardawg cross I donā€™t know a ton about. I hope I get my groove on with the mexi seeds. Iā€™ve never grown a full sativa to full flower.

Iā€™ll let you know when I get one started. peace

7 Likes

@GMan Good luck with that germination of Mexicans

oaxacan #2

31 Likes

Did you get that from a bank? Iā€™ve been looking for that one!

6 Likes

No, it was from a friend in Germany. I only got a few so I have to make seeds right away. I have 2 f1s and 5 f2s. Itā€™s a gem, I know that much. I have to find out the full history on it. Santero, or SAN made the f1sā€¦ maybe. Itā€™s where the f1s came from. Iā€™ll have to ask SAN about it. He has a photographic memory of everybodyā€™s genetics.

Iā€™ve been wanting it for a while, too. My timing was good for once. Once I get them done, Iā€™ll be glad to share. Stay in touch. Iā€™m hoping to get up that way sometime this summer.
peace

11 Likes

awesome I used to grow a lemon thai hybrid called surfā€™s up, I think youā€™ll really enjoy the lemon thai. definitely make as many seeds as possible, because this one is almost extinct in its pure form. If I remember correctly, the genetics originate as a hawaiian hybrid of pure thai and an acclimatized island indica. The hybrid was given away, and then sold commercially by dutch flowers.

8 Likes

@zephyr
Lemon thai is still alive among some breeders and conservatives. I know a good Spanish friend who keeps the line.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7405103&postcount=42

11 Likes

thatā€™s great to hear the lemon thai is preserved, it disappeared from cultivation and commercial circulation in the bay area as soon as girl scout cookies showed up.

6 Likes

great link, I love mustafunkā€™s landrace and heirloom threads. I wouldnā€™t have found real seed co without reading mustafunkā€™s well documented grows.

7 Likes

Musta is a great conservationist of extinct varieties and a good friend too. My Ethiopian highland came from him.

9 Likes

Pretty sure this is the lemon thai IX that he did for the limited derg corra reproduction. It was on seedheaven awhile back but it was sold out almost instantly. There was only a small amount and that was it. Will be nice to see some grown out.

I was reading in another thread that a few people on here are looking for old durban poison. There was some recently available through akbeanbrains who is an awesome grower and breeder from Alaska. If youā€™re into old school I suggest you check him out. They are f3s from original SSSC. They are sold out at the moment but if anyone is interested you could probably send him a message on instagram. If not avail direct some stores might have some left or might be getting some in the near future.

https://www.jbcseeds.com/product/ak-bean-brains-durban/

8 Likes

There is not a single image of durban veneno jeje I have durban de cannabiogen and at a lower price

5 Likes

there I could see an image in instagram, see as an authentic sativa

3 Likes

Thereā€™s plenty of pics on IG if you feel like digging. If you arenā€™t interested then donā€™t buy it, pretty simple.

1 Like

@neogitus Many of the old sativas only the name remains :wink:

Here, in this thread, nobody is looking for poison durban Avoid posting advertising on my thread please. :slight_smile:

@neogitus If you can remove the advertising I would appreciate it

5 Likes

Yes, Iā€™m pretty sure this is the same one. I have a couple of the f1 seeds and five f2s made by Smilestyle.

2 Likes

San was involved with derg corra projects,smilestyle quite possibly would of recieved from San I know I did !
Itā€™s been a couple years since I grew them .

5 Likes

derg corra heā€™s still working with thai lemon

6 Likes

Venezuela Anzoategui seeds

19 Likes

Hola Gang

Yaxu you have the nicest plants

Bare

11 Likes